***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I really hope that this is not the direction they plan to take California Grill. If I want to go out to a nice dinner I want the whole experience. I don't want to stand in line to get food that has been sitting under heat lamps for who knows how long!
I believe it's been confirmed that this is the NYE menu, uploaded by mistake.

Well I had been bummed about having to take the park hopper option off of our tickets for budget reasons but...without the express bus I never would have used them. Too time consuming and frustrating going through security multiple times and too much wasted time waiting for buses. I kept thinking that they didnt advertise it enough for the Joe average person to know about it and make use of the service.

I do not understand this... EVERY one seemed to love it (including me). They want us to use the Minnie Vans at $20. a trip. Better for large families but it is just my DH and me. no do-able for us.

If they think that it will push everyone to Minnie vans they are crazy. It doesn't serve the same purpose or have the same perks. And no where need the same value to small parties or solo travelers. 20 trip is very expensive-especially if you plan to use it multiple times a day the way you would the express bus. I have a feeling that Minnie Vans in general wont get many small parties or solo travels at all when uber is so much cheaper.

Well I had been bummed about having to take the park hopper option off of our tickets for budget reasons but...without the express bus I never would have used them. Too time consuming and frustrating going through security multiple times and too much wasted time waiting for buses. I kept thinking that they didnt advertise it enough for the Joe average person to know about it and make use of the service.

Agreed there, we used it around Memorial Day and of course it was crazy packed in that area for Pandora. We were waiting for the next express bus at AK and a fellow came up asking if it was a fast pass to Pandora. And the CM was super nice, tried to show him what the offering was and the guy just shook his head and walked away.

If they think that it will push everyone to Minnie vans they are crazy. It doesn't serve the same purpose or have the same perks. And no where need the same value to small parties or solo travelers. 20 trip is very expensive-especially if you plan to use it multiple times a day the way you would the express bus. I have a feeling that Minnie Vans in general wont get many small parties or solo travels at all when uber is so much cheaper.

Basically Express Bus was great for me on all counts, therefore it had to go! But seriously, the express bus was a really handy way for us to hop from any park over to MK and then take a quick bus/less quick boat back over to the lodge. Knowing when we could leave for the next park was really a great feature. I'd consider using the minnie vans to return from a park further from my resort (e.g. AK to BLT) or to go to the water parks, but not beyond that. It's too bad, not everything is for everyone and I get that. But if they offer something that works, I will find a way to pay for it and use it!

Whooo! Seventy-five days today! :cool1:

Trying to make a list of deadlines remaining. Fifteen more days to online check-in and Fastpass+ and about a month and a half before I should order ODS' birthday cake. I think there's something else, but it's escaping me... :confused3

Got my FP's this morning. Ended up getting ROL even though I have a Tusker Houe ROL DP. Hopefully they will extend the hours and I'll get something else. Or we will change our dining plans.

Booked my FP yesterday. Got everything we wanted except for FOP. We are only doing Animal Kingdom once this trip and the only availability they had was in the evening and we already have other plans. We did go ahead and get the Na'Vi River ride and we will enjoy exploring Pandora.

Agreed there, we used it around Memorial Day and of course it was crazy packed in that area for Pandora. We were waiting for the next express bus at AK and a fellow came up asking if it was a fast pass to Pandora. And the CM was super nice, tried to show him what the offering was and the guy just shook his head and walked away.

Basically Express Bus was great for me on all counts, therefore it had to go! But seriously, the express bus was a really handy way for us to hop from any park over to MK and then take a quick bus/less quick boat back over to the lodge. Knowing when we could leave for the next park was really a great feature. I'd consider using the minnie vans to return from a park further from my resort (e.g. AK to BLT) or to go to the water parks, but not beyond that. It's too bad, not everything is for everyone and I get that. But if they offer something that works, I will find a way to pay for it and use it!
Re-worked my itinerary already... will use Uber. Used them before with excellent results --- and cheaper

Hey Everyone!!!

******Express Transportation Discontinued******

Disney's express transportion will cease operations on 8/23/17.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...transportation-service-to-be-discontinued.htm

First post has been updated.

I was hoping to use this, especially since 2 days we have a F&W event at noon at Epcot, it would have saved us a bunch of time. I am not surprised they did away with it though. It always seemed like an option they were testing.

Hi! I'm late to the party - but we are 67 days away from our stay at the Poly! Checking in on 10/21 and leaving 10/29. Can't wait!! Looking forward to snagging our fast passes in only one week!

For those flight procrastinators like me, JetBlue is having a crazy sale if you happen to live in a city serviced by them. It's making it really tempting to book our return on Tuesday instead of Monday, but DH would not be pleased. But $69 per person! I mean, that's nuts!

I made my fast passes today and got everything I wanted (with some minor time changes)!

Things I learned:
  1. People weren't kidding when they said Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is harder to get. I booked it two different days on my trip (beginning and middle) and only afternoon times were left. Had to readjust my plans a bit!
  2. Had some issues getting Enchanted Tales with Belle at first. Initially it said no FP times were left! I didn't think it was THAT popular... Tried again a few minutes later and afternoon times popped up. Refreshed some more and eventually got the time I was looking for. Lesson learned: keep refreshing.
  3. Pandora Na'vi River ride was very easy to get.
  4. Frozen Ever After wasn't as difficult as I thought. I thought it would have no options, but there were a lot of afternoon times left.

Good luck to everyone else on fast passes!

My FP saga:
It started with waking up from a nightmare at 5:40 am about not being able to get MDE to work! I decided to stay up and have time for coffee and any last minute thoughts about my plan.
I got on my phone to log into MDE at 6:58. Wrong password? My nightmare was coming true! Tried again, no match. I looked it up in my notes, just to be sure and I tried again, verrrryyy slowwwwly. It worked. Panic abated. I went to the calendar and my dates were greyed out until suddenly they were not! (around 7:02) I went immediately to my last day, Oct. 21, and secured 4 FoP FPs for 11:45. I continued through my list which was set up in order of what I thought would be hardest to get. (we are doing MK rides during party, EMH, and same days, plus no one in my group is interested in FEA- my DD misses Maelstrom!- so we don't have as many popular ones to secure) Anyhow, I was rolling along, got Soarin' for 2 different days, and then around 7:15 I noticed that the confirm button was staying greyed out for longer periods of time. I had 2 more days to do and it got stuck on RnRC! Tried my iPad and that was worse- went immediately to headless Olaf. Went upstairs to my desktop, signed in to MDE through the Disney website and all went smoothly from there on out!
I couldn't line up all my times, but there are no big gaps. I had trouble fitting in Finding Nemo, which I have never seen- we just never get to it because FotLK is always our priority!- but I stuck it into a day a little earlier than we had planned on getting to AK. (following a free morning of pool time or water park)
Anyhow, I can't help but wonder if I would have been better off starting on my desktop. I guess the bottom line is, be prepared to use more than 1 device. And if you are trying for FoP, plan it for your last day if you can, and book that first. Have your FPs written out in order of booking, not in order of your trip. Keep your ADR list nearby so you can leave yourself enough time. This trip we have very few ADRs because we are planning on eating at Food and Wine and counter services.
Good luck!!

My FP saga:
It started with waking up from a nightmare at 5:40 am about not being able to get MDE to work! I decided to stay up and have time for coffee and any last minute thoughts about my plan.
I got on my phone to log into MDE at 6:58. Wrong password? My nightmare was coming true! Tried again, no match. I looked it up in my notes, just to be sure and I tried again, verrrryyy slowwwwly. It worked. Panic abated. I went to the calendar and my dates were greyed out until suddenly they were not! (around 7:02) I went immediately to my last day, Oct. 21, and secured 4 FoP FPs for 11:45. I continued through my list which was set up in order of what I thought would be hardest to get. (we are doing MK rides during party, EMH, and same days, plus no one in my group is interested in FEA- my DD misses Maelstrom!- so we don't have as many popular ones to secure) Anyhow, I was rolling along, got Soarin' for 2 different days, and then around 7:15 I noticed that the confirm button was staying greyed out for longer periods of time. I had 2 more days to do and it got stuck on RnRC! Tried my iPad and that was worse- went immediately to headless Olaf. Went upstairs to my desktop, signed in to MDE through the Disney website and all went smoothly from there on out!
I couldn't line up all my times, but there are no big gaps. I had trouble fitting in Finding Nemo, which I have never seen- we just never get to it because FotLK is always our priority!- but I stuck it into a day a little earlier than we had planned on getting to AK. (following a free morning of pool time or water park)
Anyhow, I can't help but wonder if I would have been better off starting on my desktop. I guess the bottom line is, be prepared to use more than 1 device. And if you are trying for FoP, plan it for your last day if you can, and book that first. Have your FPs written out in order of booking, not in order of your trip. Keep your ADR list nearby so you can leave yourself enough time. This trip we have very few ADRs because we are planning on eating at Food and Wine and counter services.
Good luck!!

My fastpass day opens on Saturday and I'm so nervous already! I'll heed your advice and make a list in order of priority! FoP will be mine!

My FP saga:
Good luck!!

I agree on the FP "order of booking" list advice! That was my tactic and it helped me stay on track of booking the most popular/hard to get first. Also, I started from the website (not phone) and didn't have any problems, but good advice to have a couple options available just in case!

For those flight procrastinators like me, JetBlue is having a crazy sale if you happen to live in a city serviced by them. It's making it really tempting to book our return on Tuesday instead of Monday, but DH would not be pleased. But $69 per person! I mean, that's nuts!
Exactly why I am making a very quick girls trip in October to see my DD for her Bday. Only we are on Frontier-but $29 one way and $39 the other way-even if checked bags have to pay for-still too cheap to pass up. Plus with AP discount on room (rebooked same room at POP) ended up ~$70 cheaper than orginally booked.

Since we have to wait to see my DD's schedule I will be doing FP last minute. This trip is primarily for Food and wine anyway, with probably Halloween party. Will wait to get those too, and hope they don't sell out! Early October we should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter