***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I am worried about the crowds; our first trip MNSSHP was insanely crowded, and Tom Bricker just wrote about low attendance over the summer, suggesting an even more crowded Fall. And I couldn't add a night at our hotel because it's sold out. Was thinking about trying to do F&W on a Monday. At this point will definitely book EMM if it becomes available. Not going to do the FEA dessert party, but if they had a similar offering for exclusive access to the Pandora rides I would be on that in a hot minute. With a weekend trip and two littles that can't tour commando-style, just trying to make every minute count!

Don't worry. What is your alternative, cancelling? You don't want to do that. There will be a lot of people. A lot of happy people on vacation! :)

I was at a sold out party - we still had a blast! Get your mind ready that it will be crowded, be prepared, and you will have a great time!

Side question: Has anyone who has been to Pandora walked thru the 'tunnel/path' from Pandora to Africa (by FOTLK) ?? Is it open/finished even?? I have seen literally nothing on it since Pandora opened and it was a big talking point by the Imagineers before opening day. Any Pandora Boards here on that? I would love to know. TIA

Yes, it is complete but it was being used as an exit only for a while. I'm sure as it dies down that will no longer be the case. Could be the case even now. But as of June 3rd or 4th it was exit only.

I have begun my planning- finally!- and also the torturous decision-making process that goes with it. I am stuck on Tuesday the 17th, 3rd day of our trip. I am torn between wanting to go to the party at MK or spending more hours in the evening at Epcot. ( it is open until 11 pm for EMH) My instinct tells me that Tuesday would be a lighter crowd at MK and since it is the only evening EMH at Epcot, that may be more crowded. But I also want my family to feel like they are getting enough time to leisurely eat and drink around the world.
Opinions?
Also, I know the AK hours will probably change, but isn't it odd that every day is listed as 7 or 7:30, but Monday the 16th is listed as 6 pm?

Yes, it is complete but it was being used as an exit only for a while. I'm sure as it dies down that will no longer be the case. Could be the case even now. But as of June 3rd or 4th it was exit only.
On June 12 we entered Pandora via this walkway.

Anyone at the World in late October, touring plans updated their crowd calendar - I won't give all details but here are the resort wide predictions. I know people don't put a lot of stock in them, but these look goooood....
I don't have some of the dates because the resort-wide didn't change, but nothing higher than a 6 I think on the Saturday...

October 25, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 26, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 3.
October 27, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
October 29, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 31, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 01, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 02, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 1.

Last edited:
Anyone at the World in late October, touring plans updated their crowd calendar - I won't give all details but here are the resort wide predictions. I know people don't put a lot of stock in them, but these look goooood....
I don't have some of the dates because the resort-wide didn't change, but nothing higher than a 6 I think on the Saturday...

October 25, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 26, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 3.
October 27, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
October 29, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 31, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 01, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 02, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 1.
I got this same email for July and October. Both appear to have lower crowds!

That covers our dates. I hope it means that they will release a big room discount, too, since there still seems to be availability for our dates. :)

I got this same email for July and October. Both appear to have lower crowds!

That covers our dates. I hope it means that they will release a big room discount, too, since there still seems to be availability for our dates. :)

I'm with you on this one!!! Come on later fall discount!!!!! I'd love either a PH or RO for end of Oct/first week of Nov!

Good news right??? I'm not sure what that would mean for discounts, but it seems like (hopefully) the end of October isn't going to be the madhouse that people say it will!

but I will be prepared anyways! :)

When I called the other day to make a payment, I asked about the possibility of discounts beyond October 7 and the CM told me to call back in mid-July. Here's hoping!
That would make sense. Disney has two general public discount expiring in early/mid July, free dining and room only.

That would make sense. Disney has two general public discount expiring in early/mid July, free dining and room only.

Looks like mid July might be fairly busy with discount codes (hopefully) and F&W announcements. Might be spending a lot to time on the phone with Disney during work. :rotfl:

OK - so this is weird. I wanted to extend my reservation (Poly Villa) over the phone but they said there was no availability. But when I went online I was able to book a room in my exact category for that one night. I understand this probably means I will have to change rooms, which is no big deal because it will be in the same longhouse. But is there any chance the online inventory is wrong and it's really sold out, and we'll end up having to switch resorts? All I know is I have an extra night booked, now I feel like our plans will have some room to breathe vs trying to go commando over a long weekend with my little kiddos. Hoping F&W on a Monday night will be better crowd-wise. Now to search for flights!

OK - so this is weird. I wanted to extend my reservation (Poly Villa) over the phone but they said there was no availability. But when I went online I was able to book a room in my exact category for that one night. I understand this probably means I will have to change rooms, which is no big deal because it will be in the same longhouse. But is there any chance the online inventory is wrong and it's really sold out, and we'll end up having to switch resorts? All I know is I have an extra night booked, now I feel like our plans will have some room to breathe vs trying to go commando over a long weekend with my little kiddos. Hoping F&W on a Monday night will be better crowd-wise. Now to search for flights!
When you ask to modify the reservation, the entire stay needs to be available. If you checked your whole time online, it probably was not available to book all over. The phone CMs help can also be so-so, unfortunately. If the rooms are both booked as say a room only, or both a MYW package, or both on an ap discount, etc, the phone CM can contact guest relations and get them combined. The funds from the one night stay will also be transferred to the whole stay. I've had this happen.

If they're not the same (i.e. a MYW package and a room only resvervstion) call and ask the CM to place a note on both reservations that you have a "continuing" reservation. No guarantee of the same room, but Disney will try. If this is the case, I would tell them as soon as you check-in and remind them before the switch. They should hopefully be able to keep you in the same room.

When you ask to modify the reservation, the entire stay needs to be available. If you checked your whole time online, it probably was not available to book all over. The phone CMs help can also be so-so, unfortunately. If the rooms are both booked as say a room only, or both a MYW package, or both on an ap discount, etc, the phone CM can contact guest relations and get them combined. The funds from the one night stay will also be transferred to the whole stay. I've had this happen.

If they're not the same (i.e. a MYW package and a room only resvervstion) call and ask the CM to place a note on both reservations that you have a "continuing" reservation. No guarantee of the same room, but Disney will try. If this is the case, I would tell them as soon as you check-in and remind them before the switch. They should hopefully be able to keep you in the same room.
Thanks so much! I'll try!

Just did my daily check for Early Morning Magic and it's available (limited) for October. I'm so bummed that it's even available on Halloween morning but not the 2nd week of October which is when we're going. I was on hold for about 15 minutes with dining to ask if there was an option of change but had to hang up before I connected with anyone. Hoping that it was a gross oversight and they will quickly make changes (a girl can dream right?!? come on pixie dust!!)

Still no update to the Star Wars dessert party (I should really learn the short hand for that one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter