***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Gawd...I'm just reading that FOP fast passes at 60 days out are pretty difficult to get for people who are going in late August, which is usually slower. :sad2:

I have two days scheduled for Animal Kingdom and with dinner reservations already made, I really don't want to switch around park days. I hope we can get FOP fast passes for at least the second day when all of us will have arrived...
I've been reading that too, and am freaking out!!! After riding FOP earlier this month, we rearranged our October trip to include time at AK (which we had originally planned to skip since we had a "Pandora trip" in June)! But FOP is almost the sole reason we are going to AK and I NEED it for the morning of day 3 (though I could probably do the morning of day 4 with only minor adjustments). Folks saying they were only finding night times, day 4 and later have me seriously stressing!!!

(And we can't RD since the night before is MNSSHP!!!!!)

I've been reading that too, and am freaking out!!! After riding FOP earlier this month, we rearranged our October trip to include time at AK (which we had originally planned to skip since we had a "Pandora trip" in June)! But FOP is almost the sole reason we are going to AK and I NEED it for the morning of day 3 (though I could probably do the morning of day 4 with only minor adjustments). Folks saying they were only finding night times, day 4 and later have me seriously stressing!!!

(And we can't RD since the night before is MNSSHP!!!!!)

Yeah, we are going to a party the night before our first AK day. As long as I can get our 7th day fast passes for FOP I'll be happy. But will still try for our 3rd day.

We were looking at pictures from EasyWDW...Epcot was EMPTY this weekend!!! Micky commented and I agree, we like it more crowded. Maybe living in Chicago, we are so used to crowds that it doesn't bother us! :crowded:

Someone was commenting they like Beach Club better than Polynesian because it is much calmer, less busy. She's right, but that's the reason we are switching from Beach Club to the Polynesian. :rotfl: We love the hustle and bustle..

Yeah, we are going to a party the night before our first AK day. As long as I can get our 7th day fast passes for FOP I'll be happy. But will still try for our 3rd day.

We were looking at pictures from EasyWDW...Epcot was EMPTY this weekend!!! Micky commented and I agree, we like it more crowded. Maybe living in Chicago, we are so used to crowds that it doesn't bother us! :crowded:

Someone was commenting they like Beach Club better than Polynesian because it is much calmer, less busy. She's right, but that's the reason we are switching from Beach Club to the Polynesian. :rotfl: We love the hustle and bustle..

It's so funny how people can differ with their idea of busy. Everyone was saying how busy it was our week of October last year and I really didn't feel the same way. Sure, Magic Kingdom on a non-party night? Yeah I'll agree with that. Everything else, I dunno. I felt like the Monday afternoon at Epcot WS was more busy than some of the other days. But I think it's purely because of the F&W festival being such a draw in the late afternoon. Future World was a total ghost town. I'm so used to every place being so busy and every restaurant in Chicago being busy and loud that it's not even a factor. I do feel for small town folks not used to it. Gotta be a culture shock of some kind!

It's so funny how people can differ with their idea of busy. Everyone was saying how busy it was our week of October last year and I really didn't feel the same way. Sure, Magic Kingdom on a non-party night? Yeah I'll agree with that. Everything else, I dunno. I felt like the Monday afternoon at Epcot WS was more busy than some of the other days. But I think it's purely because of the F&W festival being such a draw in the late afternoon. Future World was a total ghost town. I'm so used to every place being so busy and every restaurant in Chicago being busy and loud that it's not even a factor. I do feel for small town folks not used to it. Gotta be a culture shock of some kind!
We live in the country - birds during the day and frogs during the night account for the most amount of noise.

We had a tough time the one time we did F&W arriving on a Saturday and heading right into Epcot...yikes...by evening, it was pretty unbearable for us, so we left early (we were staying at Boardwalk) and enjoyed the Illuminations from our balcony with wine. It was REALLY nice to not have to fight that crowd to get out of the park!! This year, I know to stay away from F&W on the weekend!
20151022_185313.jpg 20151016_220715.jpg

We live in the country - birds during the day and frogs during the night account for the most amount of noise.

We had a tough time the one time we did F&W arriving on a Saturday and heading right into Epcot...yikes...by evening, it was pretty unbearable for us, so we left early (we were staying at Boardwalk) and enjoyed the Illuminations from our balcony with wine. It was REALLY nice to not have to fight that crowd to get out of the park!! This year, I know to stay away from F&W on the weekend!
View attachment 247197 View attachment 247198

Right yeah, I grew up in the middle of nowhere so I know how it can be a huge difference. Now I live in the suburbs so it's a nice mix between quiet and busy for sure. Maybe before going to WDW, everyone should try IKEA on a Saturday afternoon as practice :)

Well I did it. After about two weeks of debating on going to MNSSHP on October 29th..I decided to go ahead and get my ticket!! LOL. But odd thing..I had major issues on the disney gift card site and ended up not being able to transfer cards to my main card. Very frustrating. Hopefully just a little glitch because I have about 5 gift cards I want to put on my main GC I use.
Anyway, now all I have to worry about is firming up my daily plans and dining reservations. I am like 75% there.

Right yeah, I grew up in the middle of nowhere so I know how it can be a huge difference. Now I live in the suburbs so it's a nice mix between quiet and busy for sure. Maybe before going to WDW, everyone should try IKEA on a Saturday afternoon as practice :)

:rotfl:

Or just go wait in line for brunch anywhere in the city! 90 minute waits for french toast...

:rotfl:

Or just go wait in line for brunch anywhere in the city! 90 minute waits for french toast...

Bingo! People wait a long time for places like Wildberry out here. I just use an app to get us in line before we leave the house!

Well I did it. After about two weeks of debating on going to MNSSHP on October 29th..I decided to go ahead and get my ticket!! LOL. But odd thing..I had major issues on the disney gift card site and ended up not being able to transfer cards to my main card. Very frustrating. Hopefully just a little glitch because I have about 5 gift cards I want to put on my main GC I use.
Anyway, now all I have to worry about is firming up my daily plans and dining reservations. I am like 75% there.

The Disney giftcard site is being weird today. I tried to add the giftcard I bought today to my primary card and it didn't show any values. So I went to Manage cards and then check balance. All the money is still on the cards, but it is a pain that it isn't showing up on the main list of cards.

I hope the glitch is temporary. We are leaving for WDW on Saturday.

OK, you are all going to think I'm nuts, but I looked up the times for sunset during my trip. It ranges from 6:55 on the 15th to 6:49 on the 21st. With the current posted hours at AK, closing at 7 or 7:30, how are we supposed to see Pandora in all its bioluminescent nighttime beauty? I hope they will change the hours and post them before my FP date!!

OK, you are all going to think I'm nuts, but I looked up the times for sunset during my trip. It ranges from 6:55 on the 15th to 6:49 on the 21st. With the current posted hours at AK, closing at 7 or 7:30, how are we supposed to see Pandora in all its bioluminescent nighttime beauty? I hope they will change the hours and post them before my FP date!!
I would like to know this too! Right now Pandora stays open until quite late every night for Resort guests (until August sometime). I do hope they continue that for the whole year. I would love to see Pandora at night in all it's glory!

Side question: Has anyone who has been to Pandora walked thru the 'tunnel/path' from Pandora to Africa (by FOTLK) ?? Is it open/finished even?? I have seen literally nothing on it since Pandora opened and it was a big talking point by the Imagineers before opening day. Any Pandora Boards here on that? I would love to know. TIA

I would like to know this too! Right now Pandora stays open until quite late every night for Resort guests (until August sometime). I do hope they continue that for the whole year. I would love to see Pandora at night in all it's glory!

Side question: Has anyone who has been to Pandora walked thru the 'tunnel/path' from Pandora to Africa (by FOTLK) ?? Is it open/finished even?? I have seen literally nothing on it since Pandora opened and it was a big talking point by the Imagineers before opening day. Any Pandora Boards here on that? I would love to know. TIA
Park hours will certainly change. I don't expect them to be like they are now, but 9 or 10 pm closings for sure. Pandora MUST be seen at night, it's breathtaking!

And yes, we used the path between Pandora and Africa several times during our stay earlier this month. When Pandora originally opened it was exit only, but we entered through it at least twice on 6/12.

I wish I could remember the name of the YouTube video, but one that I watched actually recommended entering Pandora from the Africa side in order to see all the tiny lights in the trees that resemble fairy lights or fireflies. I think this might be the tunnel?

I wish I could remember the name of the YouTube video, but one that I watched actually recommended entering Pandora from the Africa side in order to see all the tiny lights in the trees that resemble fairy lights or fireflies. I think this might be the tunnel?
Yes! They are there!

Seeing all the posts about how 'slow' it is now and how October is a zoo is starting to scare me! We've never travelled in October, we are typically Jan/Dec maybe Feb folks. Our son is turning 13 and threw out a "wouldn't it be cool to have your birthday IN MK?" one night while dreaming and the wheels started turning and we decided to make it happen. We've already preapproved vacation time and have our flights (first time the kids are flying too!) and it's going to be a total surprise. I am so excited but starting to be worried that it will be slam packed. I have to remind myself that a crowded day at Disney beats no day at Disney.

AND I'm still waiting for Early Morning Magic or Star Wars Dessert parties to open for October....come on already!

Seeing all the posts about how 'slow' it is now and how October is a zoo is starting to scare me! We've never travelled in October, we are typically Jan/Dec maybe Feb folks. Our son is turning 13 and threw out a "wouldn't it be cool to have your birthday IN MK?" one night while dreaming and the wheels started turning and we decided to make it happen. We've already preapproved vacation time and have our flights (first time the kids are flying too!) and it's going to be a total surprise. I am so excited but starting to be worried that it will be slam packed. I have to remind myself that a crowded day at Disney beats no day at Disney.

AND I'm still waiting for Early Morning Magic or Star Wars Dessert parties to open for October....come on already!

Don't let people scare you! Sometimes I think some people enjoy telling other people how awful their vacation is going to be! ;)

There will be crowds, but who cares! Have a plan, be ready to just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

It will be awesome. :)

I am worried about the crowds; our first trip MNSSHP was insanely crowded, and Tom Bricker just wrote about low attendance over the summer, suggesting an even more crowded Fall. And I couldn't add a night at our hotel because it's sold out. Was thinking about trying to do F&W on a Monday. At this point will definitely book EMM if it becomes available. Not going to do the FEA dessert party, but if they had a similar offering for exclusive access to the Pandora rides I would be on that in a hot minute. With a weekend trip and two littles that can't tour commando-style, just trying to make every minute count!

Don't worry about the crowds, your comments above negate any crowd concerns. You and your family will have a great time. If you are concerned about crowds, you can check on many websites for crowd calendars to help plan. And, typically avoiding the early entry parks or just going to those parks until they crowded are good plans too. If it is too crowded for you, I find that heading back to the hotel and resting then returning later works and even if it is the same crowds, they don't seem as bad.

I too can't wait for the SW Dessert parties in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!