Here now PBH club level !

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone I am sitting in the club lounge as I type this. We arrived here on Thursday afternoon after leaving CBBR. We had a great time at VB for two days while staying at CBBR.

We checked into PBR about 1:30 and there was a problem with my room being held so they said they would work on it as quick as possible. In the meantime they gave me the club lounge access and we waited in there. My DH had a bad headache and they made sure he had an ice pack and a place to rest. About 4:00 we got our room. We our in the villa section on the main floor near the lounge. It is a great location for club access.

The room is awesome. I can't believe how much the size difference between this room and most other queen rooms we have had. The room is in great shape for the most part. There are a couple of minor issues but overall we are very happy. The beds and pillows are great. I love the separate bath tub and shower. The dual vanity is great for getting ready. House keeping has been great. We have had our room cleaned everyday and I mean you can smell the cleaning products.

The club lounge is awesome. The staff is so helpful and attentive. The food offerings have been great and plentiful. We do breakfast here and the dinner offerings. We have had lunch in the parks but have been coming back early due to bad storms. We find ourselves sitting in the lounge with snacks. I would only stay club level here again.

When we checked in there was a great associate named Luke. He was so nice and sociable. He told us he was attending UCF and we told him how we just toured it and our DD wants to go there. He spent about 20 minutes talking with us. Yesterday when we came back from the parks he left us cookies and milk in our room with a card. The card said he enjoyed meeting us and wished us luck. This is what customer service is about. I have had outstanding customer service here and can't wait to come back. In fact we are renewing our AP again. We will find a way to make it here.

Just a quick note CBBR was great! They were very nice also. We had a great room this time and they gave me a gift certificate for a meal and beverage for my birthday. It was such a nice gesture. We do a lot of traveling and I have to say I have had the best customer service here at Universal and Loews.

The one downfall is we have had really bad storms lasting all day the last couple of days. We have lost a lot of park time. We usually go in August and find it a little less rainy. We will probably go back to that next year. The lounge has been great with the weather issues. We haven't been able to get into the pool yet because of the storms but will try tonight.

Any questions let me know. Thanks for reading along.:goodvibes

So happy you checked in with us

Sounds like you have really scored with the room

Weather is always a worry for most people
It puts a cramp on park plants when it pours

The service you have received sounds top notch

Any issues with snorers yet?
Hope not

Hi there was one night with minimum snoring:banana:. I was very happy about that. I did come prepared just in case. Yes we have been lucky here and now the teens said they want to stay here all the time:D.

We have been so fortunate the last couple of years with great weather here that Iforgot how all these storms are annoying for vacation. MY dd has the hardest time with the adjustments but is doing pretty good.

Thanks for following and all your advice.:goodvibes

SO happy to hear from you while you are on your trip. How was the trip down?

Wow- what great customer service at PBH! Thats awesome!

I hope the storms are over and you can enjoy some longer park time.

I'd love to hear more about VB. Did you rent a cabana? How bad were the waits?

Glad you`re having such a lovely time...…….

Hope you managed some pool time last night...….

Sounds like a wonderful trip for you in spite of the weather and Portofino is on my list of hotels for future vacations.

Hope the rain goes away for the rest of your trip.

Hi ckmiles thanks for the well wishes with the weather. Today we had an extra two hours in the park before the storms came in. However, the timing didn't work for us to return tonight like we wanted to,. However, we did make it to the pool for about an hour and the teens were happy.

VB had much smaller crowds when we were there this week. However, we did not go during peak times. One day we went at 4:00 pm to close. All the rides except the aqua coaster had about a 15 minute wait. The coaster had about 90 minutes. However, we didn't wait that long. We went for early entry the next day. We left at 10 am and the crowds were starting to come in. I think July and August will be busier then we saw it but not as bad as last summer. We did not rent a cabana this time but did last year. I will share the link to my VB review last summer with the cabana./www.disboards.com/threads/my-first-pre-trip-report-yay.3601999/

Any other questions let me know!

Hi Schumigirl thanks for good thoughts on the weather. We are having a lovely time. Universal is just such a great place. We have always had a great vacation here. My DH is very impressed with the tips and information I come off these boards with. He says it makes such a difference with our vacation. We are going to put some pool time in the morning before we check out. This is always a sad day! We did make great memories though. We are already making plans to come back.

tink1957 Hi thanks for following. Yes PBH is a wonderful resort and I recommend it to anybody. I also would recommend the club level. It is amazing here the food selections and the staff are great. It was such a great perk and savings. We not only used it for food but spent rainy days here too. However, it all fairness all the resorts here are great in their own way.
Hope you get here as soon as you can.

I will be spending the rest of the week with family and traveling. I will be doing a trip report when I get back!:D

Woot! Love the live report, and glad you are having fun, even with that buckets of rain. Have stayed with my kids at PB and RPR, kids like PB better, but the pocketbook usually rules. LOL

Never tried club, but maybe one of these days.

Safe travels home.

macraven lol without you and your wealth of information and knowledge my trip could have been a unhappy one. Thanks again for being such a great moderator and peep on the boards.

patttyw thanks for reading along. The drive was long and tiring. It was way to much work the way we did it changing hotels every night or two before PBH. We did do great with no traffic from Virginia to Florida. CT to Virginia was rough for traffic. I think when we drive next summer we are going to just take one night to sleep then go on. I won't visit other places on the way. The drive is very tiring. It did save quite a bit of money.

Lynne G Thanks for following along and the well wishes. I have to say with the AP rate there was only a $20.00 difference a night for PBH. I know it is different at various seasons but worth checking into.

I checked out this morning and it was :sad:. Everything went great. We did put some pool time in this morning after breakfast. The beach pool area is really nice. The hot tubs with the waterfalls are really nice. The water was nice and hot but the jets are very weak. I found standing under the waterfall was better. I should have my trip report started next week. I can't wait to share the pics.

Night:goodvibes

Aw, thank you bobbie, you are so sweet with your kind words.

My guess is you have stopped for the night and will finish the drive in the morning.
Safe travels!

So looking forward to your trippie of this vacation.
Looking forward to your pictures also.

Thanks for the VB info! Safe travels home (you missed most of the heat wave here at home!)

Safe travels home and Im looking forward to your trip report!

Safe travels home Bobbie! I know the drive home always seems longer, too! Can't wait to read the TR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!