• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now - Need Help!!!

Colls1023

Earning My Ears
We are at the GF now. Have a 810am breakfast on Friday. Epcot doesn't open til 9am and the monorail does not start running until 830am that morning. I have talked to three different cast members and have received three different answers to how we are suppose to get to our reservation. One told me that I had no option but to get a taxi, one said that there is a character breakfast bus to ask the transportion person at the bus, that transportation person told me to take the monorail to the ttc and then transfer to Epcot monorail! Ugh!! Does anyone know what I need to do?? Please help! Thank you!

Don't buses start running at 6:30am? That is what we use for early breakfast ADR's at the parks/resorts. We always get the early bus and leave ourselves plenty of time to get there. We had an 8am adr for Akershus last year and we took a bus to Epcot because they start running them at 6:30am and we were there with plenty of time.

The buses do start early for breakfasts and it mystifies me that the front desk personnel at virtually all the resorts seem to be clueless about it. I would allow more time than usual because those early buses may not run as frequently as the regular buses during operating hours and may also make more stops along the way.

There is definitely a bus, but I would pay the $20 for a taxi so that I could plan exactly how long it would take for me to get there, instead of having to plan in an extra 30-60 minutes to wait on the bus...

There is definitely a bus, but I would pay the $20 for a taxi so that I could plan exactly how long it would take for me to get there, instead of having to plan in an extra 30-60 minutes to wait on the bus...

This.

I'm in the use Uber camp too. Unless you need a car seat and won't have one. But anytime I have something that early I try to eliminate extra wait time where I can. That means extra sleep time for us. I'll spend $20 to sleep an extra 30 min and use a cab/Uber to get to my destination.

The buses do start early for breakfasts and it mystifies me that the front desk personnel at virtually all the resorts seem to be clueless about it. I would allow more time than usual because those early buses may not run as frequently as the regular buses during operating hours and may also make more stops along the way.
I know!?!? It is truly baffling. Seems like that is a super easy memo to issue to all personnel on property. Buses start at 6:30! Why is that hard to communicate?

I Uber between resorts and back and forth to the water parks.

Just be careful at the S&D. They will put you in a car service instead of calling a taxi. They charged me $15 to go from there to BC during a split stay. First she went the wrong way, left out of the hotel instead of right, then she didn't help with the luggage. The hotels are NEXT DOOR. If I hadn't been so shocked I would have tossed a 5 and be done with it. So glad Uber is there.

I'd take a bus. You should be able to get there easily that way. They start running at 6:30 am
Buses do start at 0630, but monorail resorts do not usually have buses that go to EPCOT or MK. I don't think I would depend on a bus. In this case, I would taxi or Uber.

Buses do start at 0630, but monorail resorts do not usually have buses that go to EPCOT or MK. I don't think I would depend on a bus. In this case, I would taxi or Uber.
They do if the monorail isn't running yet. When we stayed at BLT there was bussing to Epcot for dining reservations and rope drop because the Epcot monorail wasn't running until 8:30 or 9. Last week at the Poly there was a bus to MK for dining reservations (shared with GF) on Friday because the resort monorail was running on reduced hours.

We were on a bus by 7:10am. First ones in the park. Ended staying there almost 13hrs!! but had a blast. Thanks again everyone for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter