Here I go again. Silver dream maker package question (Update)

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
Please go to the following post to see what my final reservation set up is:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350741

I know that everyone tells me that this site is made for people like me to ask questions when they come up, but I feel bad about asking so many.

With this in mind, I hope that you guys wont mind helping me again.

A package has come up where I can stay at a nicer resort (CBR vs AS Spt., but go with a smaller package silver vs gold.)

What I need to find out, is if I have to use the wishes for the tours in the silver package or do they come with it.

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Tours don't come with the Silver Package, you have to choose to use your wishes on them. Most people use them on expensive dinners, La Nouba, Hoop Dee Doo, and spa treatments.

jaws
I would double check on that. I think there are certain tours that are included and you don't have to use wishes. I'm not postive though.

DH and I used this plan in December (when it was Discovery Magic) and there were 5 tours you could use wishes for. None of the tours were included. We used wishes for Keys to the Kingdom, Hidden Treasures of the World Showcase, and Undiscovered Future World, and would highly recommend any of them.

My original paperwork for the Silver Plan says that VIP seating for three different parades/fireworks events are included. I don't see that anywhere on the websites anymore, obviously I need to call Disney. I am almost at the point of canceling the Silver Plan and just put meals on the room card. The more research I do, the less the convenience is overriding the price.

Ya know...last time we did the gold plan and we were thinking about doing the silver for the next time....but after reading this...I'd rather spend the extra on the gold. I think you get more for your money. I didn't realize tours used wishes because they don't on the gold....they are just included. So jaw62901 if you can afford the extra dollars to do the gold instead of silver.....I say do the gold....nothing used extra wishes...everything was included.

Here's the long and the short of it from Deb's site:

Disney's Dream Maker Package - Silver Plan
Includes all of Disney's Dream Maker Package plus access to Preferred Viewing locations for each of the following:

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom Park
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot
At the Silver level, each member of your party gets 2 wishes per night. The Magical Wishes may be used on any of the following choices:

1 indicates one Magical Wish required
2 indicates two Magical Wishes required

Dining (includes applicable gratuities, excludes alcoholic beverages)

1Disney Character Breakfast or traditional Resort breakfast ($20 per adult with tax and tip and $16 per child with tax and tip)
1Table-Service and Counter-Service lunch or dinner available at more than 125 participating restaurants throughout the Walt Disney World Resort
1Disney Dinner Shows (Hoop de Do and Polynesian Luau)
2Lunch or dinner at a Selected Signature Table Service Restaurant: Artist Point Dining, Bistro de Paris, California Grill, Citricos Restaurant, Coral Reef Restaurant, The Flying Fish Cafe, Fulton's Crab House, Jiko-The Cooking Place, Narcoossee's Restaurant and Yachtsman Steakhouse
Recreation

118 Holes of Disney Golf (non-peak season)
218 Holes of Disney Golf (peak season)
1Length-of-stay health club access
2Parasailing experience (restrictions apply)
130-minute watercraft rental including mini-power boats, sailboats and pontoon boats (restrictions apply)
130-minute private golf lesson
1Golf club rental
19 holes of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Souvenir Photos

1Animated Scene Photos
Children's Activity Centers

1Up to six hours per day with dinner at a selected Disney Resort (ages 4-12)
Tours (restrictions apply to selected tours)

1"The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" at Magic Kingdom Park (ages 10 and older)
1"Disney's Family Magic" at Magic Kingdom Park (all ages)
1"Keys to the Kingdom" at Magic Kingdom Park (ages 16 and older)
1"Gardens of the World" at Epcot (ages 16 and older)
1"Hidden Treasures of World Showcase" at Epcot (ages 16 and older)
1"The UnDISCOVERed Future World" at Epcot (ages 16 and older)
1"Welcome to the Magic Kingdom Park" (all ages)
Specially Created Disney Merchandise

1Trading Pin Kit - One lanyard plus three pins
1One sculpted figurine timepiece featuring Mickey Mouse
1One Mickey Mouse enamel-top memory box
2One Disney's Wilderness Lodge building set
2One Mickey Mouse crystal figurine
Downtown Disney Area

2Admission to La NoubaTM by Cirque du Soleil (reservations can be made within six months prior to arrival)
1Souvenir T-shirt from participating locations
Spas

1Selected Spa Treatments (ages 14 and older)-25 minute manicure, 25 minute Swedish massage, 25 minute lavender aromatherapy, 25 minute sinus relief facial, 25 minute facial (treatments vary)
2Selected Preferred Spa Treatments (ages 18 and older) select 50 minute

I just called and had them take the Silver part off our Dreammaker Package. We will have a 10-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 20-month-old, so we can't do any of the tours as a family. We are going to be there from Saturday afternoon to Saturday afternoon, in early September (will there even be firworks at the MK except for the first night?); there's no way we could spend that much money on food, and we wouldn't be doing the Cirque show.

We will just put credit cards on the rooms, and let everybody charge their meals to that. Then we'll give them extra spending money to buy stuff with, or whatever. With six adults and two kidlets, that was a difference of almost $4,000 for the Silver part. Convenience was going to have a very large price. I may book an Illuminations cruise for one night.

Note to self: check spelling next time

Pamlur,

IMO, you made a good decision. We also had the silver package removed from our stay at AKL in October. No matter how many time we did the math it just did not make sense. It does make sense for some but it did not for us.

We will still go to the parks, take a FW cruise and get some spa treatments but we will be charging them to the room.

Well, IF we end up spending that much money on food, that's fine. But the more I looked at it, the less I liked the "use it or lose it" thing. I do want to get what I pay for.

We used the silver plan (and loved it). We kept all of our reciepts and totaled them when we got home- we ended up saving money using the plan. Yes it's use it or lose it but you can use the wishes on meals, boats, or other things. (We had no problem using all the wishes- and we were flexible about how we used them a lot of the time- a meal or a horseback ride or a tour. We just called and made the reservations when we were there
Dana

If we weren't going to be going at the pace of the kidlets, and didn't have the 20-month-old(at that time) to contend with, we would definitely look more seriously at the Silver Plan. But this is their trip, that we have waited patiently for them to grow up enough for (the 20-month-old was a little "surprise"), and we want it to be as perfect for them as possible. Their mother (my daughter) and I discussed it for quite a while yesterday before I made the call, and she was definitely in favor of not trying to keep up with a "plan".

With their ages, everything would be limited (tours, boats, etc) and the merchandise you can purchase with the wishes doesn't appeal that much.

When we take them again, we'll look at the plans again. It's just not right for us, this time.

Also, if you have "points" left over by the end of your trip can you not use them to purchase WDW merchandise (unlike the gold pkg where you lose them)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter