**helppp! WDW with 9yo 6yo AND 14wk old SINGLE PARENT**

Mumof3uk

Earning My Ears
Keeping this as short as poss!
6 weeks to travel. Marriage breakdown meaning dad doesn't want to travel with us at all. Have wdw 14 day and seaworld 3 park 14 day pass. Car rental.
Any tips for me? Have US family members meeting us for 5 days although we have AOA villa and they are in actual disney.
Any hints, tips, dos and don'ts?
What rides can I ride with older 2 and baby in carrier altogether??
Can I queue and let older 2 go on some rides and wait for them?
Help please!

Hi

Wow

Do you have a friend that can take the spot, at-least most of it will be free for him/her? Is it your first trip to WDW and the USA?

Where are you staying as I'm guessing Disney hotels have a baby minding service, you need to check

I think there's a Disney mums forum/board somewhere (others will know I'm not a mum :-)) try here https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/DisneyforMums/?sw_fnr_id=174970058&fnr_t=0&rf=460759580613934

Have you planned anything, if not you need to FP+ etc or most things you do in Disney will include a long wait.

I'm not much help sorry, others on here I'm sure will help, once you have FP+ out of the way you can take your time and plan, lots of information on this site to help like ride heights and menus etc.

Good luck

Regards

Paul

Hi thankyou for the reply..

No no friends to help at such short notice. I've been to the US and travelled with older children from when they were young so no worries with being in a different country, flying or airport etc :). Did wdw when I was younger.

I'm allocated a villa within 30 mins of disney on arrival.

Thankyou I will check out other posts etc. My tickets are on their way to me as we speak so will do FP asap :)

Unfortunately there are going to be some issues and your kids who are 9 and 6 will not be able to ride the bigger roller coasters on days you don't have the additional families members there.

Disney's rule is that 7 and older can be alone inside the park (but can not enter or exit alone) and that under 7 have to be with someone 14 or older. If there is a height requirement for the ride you will not be able to enter the line with the 16 week old. So when you don't have family members to help you are going to have to stick to rides with out height requirements.

Hi

Just so you know as you are staying 'off site' FP+ can be booked 30days in advance for each day i.e. you will have to go on line and book FP+ everyday 30 days in advance of when you want to ride. So think about a plan now, like what days you can go to which park using the info wilkeliza gave you, so you max out the days you have your US family with you. This site will tell you which are the busy days and which are not for each park on any given day https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar. I do a spreadsheet so i know what day we will do what if you need a copy of mine PM me as an example.

Regards

paul

I am sorry to hear about your marriage.

Your 9 year old can ride by themselves however the 6 year old needs to ride with a person 14 years or older.

This trip might be about exploring the other things on offer too :thumbsup2

I hope you have a great trip :goodvibes

If your 9 year old wants to ride some of the bigger thrill rides with height requirements you can get them a FPP, put them on the ride at the front of the queue and meet them off where they pop out the other end. There is also tonnes of stuff you can all do together. Make good use of pool if you have one. Play mini golf. Don't miss the little kid area at Sea World mine loved that area when they were under 10. I would say, if you can get someone to go with you, even an older teenager, you're going to have an easier time as your older two can get on all the rides then. Good luck I'm sure you'll have a great time x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter