Help with W-7 form...aaahhh!!

Waves70

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I'm completely new to posting, though have been following for quite some time.

I'm need some nerdy technical help filling out my W-7 form.

This is my 3rd attempt at filling it out, having been rejected twice before!!

My plan is to rent out spare DVC pts, probably via Davids or DVC Rental but I need a ITIN to do this (hence the W-7 form).

Under section 'h', I'm putting 'Exception 1d - Rental Income'

Treaty country is clearly UK, but what is the Treaty Article Number to cover rental income??

I have tried to find out but it's not obvious (to me at least)...

Help me DVC'ers, you're my only hope... IRS has got it's deathly claws round my neck and is slowly dragging me under.... ;-)

(and yes, I finally have had my passport authenticated by the US embassy in London!)

Hi I cant help with the form, but question - why you have to do this. People on dib report they use David's etc and it's been fast and easy, no mention of this form being required?

Hi there, not sure about David's but have attached the link form DVC Rental Store which lists the Tax implications and guidance on what documentation is required...

http://dvcrentalstore.com/international-member-guide/

If I were renting points for myself I don't believe there's an issue, but renting my points to someone else will have a tax implication since I'd be receiving income...

Thanks

I'm no expert but looks like a nightmare for a casual rent: also will you then have other tax authorities wanting a cut, UK ?
Probably one reason David's operates out of Canada, he doesn't seem to be bound by same US rules?

I would suggest using David's - everyone I know who has done it through him has had no issues with having to fill out this form.

Hi there,

I'm completely new to posting, though have been following for quite some time.

I'm need some nerdy technical help filling out my W-7 form.

This is my 3rd attempt at filling it out, having been rejected twice before!!

My plan is to rent out spare DVC pts, probably via Davids or DVC Rental but I need a ITIN to do this (hence the W-7 form).

Under section 'h', I'm putting 'Exception 1d - Rental Income'

Treaty country is clearly UK, but what is the Treaty Article Number to cover rental income??

I have tried to find out but it's not obvious (to me at least)...

Help me DVC'ers, you're my only hope... IRS has got it's deathly claws round my neck and is slowly dragging me under.... ;-)

(and yes, I finally have had my passport authenticated by the US embassy in London!)

Not sure if the form has changed over the years but looking at ours we did as follows;

Question 1, ticked both a) and h) then to the latter we added Exception 1 then United Kingdom for treaty country and 11 for treaty article number.
The rest is straightforward.
For supporting documentation for Exception 1 we gave details of our "interest bearing account with a financial institution". We did not demonstrate property ownership as we didn't need to.

ford family

Long time reader on DISBoards, but first time poster.

Last year DVD requested that I completed a form W-8BEN as I was not a US person and I didn't have a US tax reference number (ITIN). I sent the form back last November, as they requested.

Last week, I got another letter from DVD requesting that I complete another form W-8BEN, but also asking me to apply for an ITIN using form W-7. I'm hoping the information in the previous post from ford family will help with this.

Given that I never rent out my points for income, it seems like a massive faff to apply for an ITIN. I'm really hoping that I don't have to go the US embassy to authenticate my UK passport?

The "help" on the IRS website really isnt very helpful at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!