Earning My Ears
I have booked the following meals:

AK- Tusker House 10:35 am
Epcot-Akeshus 8:00 am Via Napoli 6:35 pm
HS- Sci Fi 11:45 am
MK-Crystal Palace 8:00 am
BOG 1:30 pm
BOG dinner 6:45 pm
Thinking of canceling BOG lunch and keeping the dinner reservation. Thoughts on this and other reservations. There will be 5 adults and 1 child 4 years old. We are not on dining plan.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi!

Tusker House- great food, fun atmosphere, and a 10:35am ADR might mean that you get to have some lunch offerings !

Akeshus - Never eaten there, so no comment

Via Napoli- again, never been, no commnet

Sci Fi- good food, great atmosphere, definitely a keeper!

Crystal Palace- eating here for PPO for the first time 5/15, but @PrincessAshlee loves it!

BOG 1:30pm - great use of a QS!

BOG dinner- I wasn't incredibly impressed by dinner, the food was good, but the atmosphere still felt sort of cafeteria ish to me... but I'd definitely try it again!

Hi! Since @iheartbelle87 tagged me, I thought I'd weigh in too.

Tusker House- The characters and atmosphere were very fun! I would definitely recommend it, but I do want to note that the food was limited if you have any picky eaters; there is still enough to eat but there are not a lot choices. On the flip side, its great if you want to try new and different things while still having some of the buffet basics.

Akeshus - I have never eaten there.

Via Napoli- I ate there once and didn't really care for it, but that may have been because of my own personal preferences. I know a lot of people love it. We got the pizza and it was very authentic Italian (thin crust, margarita sauce, etc. - which is not the style that I prefer). Also, I would definitely not recommend the prosciutto; totally on me, but I thought it was going to be like bacon. It is definitely not like bacon! They add it after they have cooked the pizza so its "raw" and slimy. :crazy2: I also did not care for our waiter. I know they want it to feel authentic Italian, but he kept speaking in Italian and we could not understand him; at one point he went on for about 10 minutes while we were just staring at him like please just take our order. I'm not trying to scare you away, I know a lot of people do love it, I just wanted to make you aware. I went in thinking I would love it because everyone says its soooo good, but I was really disappointed. However, if you like authentic Italian style pizza or want to try the pasta or something else, maybe you would love it.

Sci Fi- I have only had the Oreo milkshake here, but it was great and the atmosphere is really fun!

Crystal Palace- This is a favorite for DH and myself. It has your Disney breakfast basics: bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, and mini Mickey Waffles. They also have puffed french toast, breakfast lasagna, fresh fruit, misc pastries, and cold cereal. I think they may also have an omelet station, but we have never tried that. It is especially great that you were able to get a PPO breakfast scheduled. If you are interested in getting character autographs, be sure to get everything ready when you first sit down. The characters will make their way around quickly at first, but then can become scarce once it gets more crowded and it's not fun to sit around waiting for that last character to come back around. Since you will have multiple adults, I would recommend one or two adults (or anyone that doesn't care about the characters) going up and quickly filling a plate or two with food for everyone to start on while the characters come around and once you've seen all of the characters, then everyone can go up and fill their own plates and you can relax and enjoy your meal. (Also, not sure how familiar you are with character meals, but I wanted to note that as a general rule, they do not have photopass photographers and you will need to take your own camera if you want photos.)

BOG lunch - I haven't been in a couple years, but I really loved lunch at BOG and would definitely recommend it.

BOG dinner - We really liked our dinner at BOG last year, but when we went again a few weeks ago, we were very disappointed. We ordered the same items and the meals this time lacked flavor and the portions were noticeably smaller as well. We felt that it was pretty expensive and really not worth cost. If you just want to go to experience the castle or just to meet the Beast, I would consider eating elsewhere and only going to BOG for dessert. Currently, there is no minimum order amount for dinner, although I have heard that this will likely change when the menu changes to prix fixe menu.

I think this looks great. We went with our 4yo in November and did many of these same meals, and these were some of our favorites. The tusker house characters were great and with that reservation time you should get breakfst AND lunch food. We felt the princess experience at akershus was great. Kids also loved Pooh and crew at Crystal palace and the breakfast buffet was really good.

The food at sci fi was just ok (standard bar food) but the shakes were stellar and sitting in the cars was a really cool experience -- definitely a one time must do.

I would just keep BOG dinner. You won't be super hungry for lunch after a giant buffet anyways, and the beast only appears at Dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!