Help with ADR booking plan!

*Dreamin'Dad*

DISer since 2003
Figuring my plan of attack which has a new twist for me. I need some help :)

10 of us going - 2 families of (4) and one of (2).

I am in charge of booking ADRs (as usual :rolleyes:) and I want to book for all 3 families and want to book separate tables for each, but all at the same places and the same times. You know, to avoid the excessive large party gratuities :thumbsup2.

I assume I can book (3) different ADRs for the same place each time with one call. Anyone confirm this?

Any particular way you have attacked a similar scenario?

Thanks to you all!

I'm guessing the families all have different resort reservation numbers? If thats the case you could try booking them online to see if you could do 3 different reservations at the same time and tie each one to that families reservation number. They may be within a few minutes of each others seating time.

Calling in may be quicker though...you could just explain it as even though you are traveling together, the families are wanting to do dinners alone. The CM may be able to look up the restaurant availablity easier, but I don't know how their system works. :confused3

I've only done a Grand Gathering once, and was lucky enough to have a TA do all the ressies for our families. We just told her what we wanted.

Hope its an easy process for you!

I am in charge of booking ADRs (as usual :rolleyes:) and I want to book for all 3 families and want to book separate tables for each, but all at the same places and the same times. You know, to avoid the excessive large party gratuities :thumbsup2.

A couple of things to keep in mind based on what you have posted

1) Are any of the families involved doing Free Dining? You might have to book under each reservation number just because of that

2) If not, and say you book 2 parties of 4 and 1 party of 2 for the same restaurant, there is no promise that you will A) get the same time for each of the 3 parties, and B) based on how crowded the restaurant is, you might not be seated anywhere near your friends, so you might want to go the large group route.

We will all be on the dining plan - not free dining.

This is for next March and the reservation call will be during the October 27th pandelirium scheduling :sad2:

Being together is not a priority, just trying to get close to the same times at the same restaurants. We paid the 18% on our last trip for large group seatings - that adds up to a bunch over a week......a BUNCH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter