Help with 7 month booking

dlm1017

Mouseketeer
I have never tried "walking" a reservation I just wait until 7 months then try to book what I need. Could someone explain .... If it says you can book starting your arrival date of December 5th how many days after can you book? Say for example my arrival is December 11th to the 16th when would I try to book?
Just trying to understand so when it is time I have all the info to try to switch resorts.
Thanks for any help:)

If you book the day the window opens, you can book a maximum of 7 nights.

I have never tried "walking" a reservation I just wait until 7 months then try to book what I need.

"walking a reservation" is really something that home resort owners do at 11 months out. it's not much use at 7 months.

Could someone explain .... If it says you can book starting your arrival date of December 5th how many days after can you book? Say for example my arrival is December 11th to the 16th when would I try to book?

the first date that an owner could book their home resort for Dec 11 is by calling on Jan 5 and booking Dec 5 for 7 nights. then they have Dec 11 locked in (if someone calls on Jan 11 to try to book Dec 11 for example) and can walk the reservation forward to get their nights before someone else does.

But while you could call on May 5 to book Dec 5 for 7 nights, including Dec 11...it's not much help. an owner at that resort can still jump in at any time to grab nights in the middle of your intended reservation (say, Dec 15) because they are not limited by the 7 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter