Help! Taking a first timer??

PrincessTess

Mouseketeer
Hi guys my name is Tess and my family is booked at the Contemporary June 1-5, 2016. Luckily im bringing my boyfriend along and he has NEVER been to Disney! Hes barely seen any Disney movies. Poor guy, so deprived :( We took him on a Disney cruise just this last January and he LOVED it. I even got him to wait in line to take pictures with Jack Sparrow and Ariel (hes a trooper with my slight disney obsession).
Basically im the Queen of overthinkers and a total perfectionist... this trip needs to be perfect. What are some must-do's to show him? What are must see Disney movies for him before we go?? I of course want to give him the full Tess disney experience... but dont wanna freak him out.
Thanks

My concert band went to Disney back in December and my friends were freaked out with my extensive Disney knowledge so I know how you feel!:blush: I'd definitely show your boyfriend your favorite rides and shows. Make sure you get him a first visit button. If he enjoyed a cruise I'm sure he'd enjoy the World. I'd also say go at a neutral pace. The speed of a cruise is way more chill than the speed of the parks. Some first-timers are all about going "park commando" and others want to take it slow. My friends who were first-timers loved it and we went at a fast pace. See what his speed is and tailor some park time around that. If he's a thrill junkie definitely get some thrill rides in there. Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you two will have a blast. Good luck Tess!

This advice may be a bit scattered, but that's just my brain. Sorry!
  1. Don't go to Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom first. Magic is far too crowded, and Animal is far too large. An ideal park to show him first is Epcot; very Disney, but still has elements that are non-Disney. The most ideal? Bring him around the World Showcase.
  2. Try to bring him on at least one roller coaster in each park. If he's not afraid of roller coasters, then get him on the Rock'n'Roller Coaster as soon as you can.
  3. Use the monorail. You're lucky to be staying at the Contemporary; it's right there!
  4. Book at a restaurant that serves food he likes. Again, check the World Showcase first.
  5. Plan some time to just walk around or chill in your room. Nothing's worse than dragging around a cranky boyfriend... or being dragged around by him when you just want a nap.
I hope these help!

Hey guys! So 1. Tess I hope you and your boyfriend had a blast or will have a blast on your amazing trip to Disney. 2. I am bringing a friend to Disney World and she hasn't been on anything basically since she was 5-6 years old. I need a few tips on what to take her on and to other than roller coasters because we got that covered. :) Whichever park we go to needs roller coasters but how many is too many? She loves roller coasters but what else do you guys think would be nice for her to see? She knows i'm a Disney geek but she really hasn't seen my Disney side just yet. I hope I get a good response and thank you in advance. :)

I would have him watch movies that have rides there! Don't worry about the movies that aren't as represented, but if a movie has an attraction that you will definitely be going on he should watch the movie!

Definitely try to expose him to some (if not all ;) ) of the animated classics before you go. And as far as rides/shows go, try to take him on your favorites, but it also might be a good idea to have him look at a list/descriptions of attractions before you go so that he can pick some too :)

I had my first Disney World trip last year and my mom had us watch all the Disney classics she could get her hands on. We tried to target the movies that were connected with rides such as Peter Pan or Pirates of the Caribbean regardless of whether the ride inspired the movie or vice versa. Also, on the rides I agree with @the2ndstar2theright. Let him pick a few and show him some of your favorites. I'm sure whatever you do will make him happy or did make him happy. My advice came a little late lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!