HELP! Ready to Book for August '04! Any Tips?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
We're first time DCL cruisers ready to book the 7 Night Western itinerary for next August. We have two boys (age 11 and 6 at time of cruise) and maybe their 2 grandparents.

Allseasons Travel seems to have the best pricing. Any last minute tips before I bite the bullet?

We are going on our third Magic trip next week. I used AAA first time DCL the second, and this time used All Star. I originally booked April 2004 but due to my sons school opening late I just switched to Aug 30th. All Star was excellent to deal with they switched everything and I was satisfied. The move saved me money and they do have the best prices around that I have found. They beat DCL and Dreams by hundreds. Any trip on the Magic is worth the price, I think it is the best vacation around.

Yep...Book the August 28th Western. We're on it. On either page 1 0r 2 is a thread for it.

Join us

Joanna

Poly Pal:

We're on the August 28th, 2004 sailing too! It's a great week to go because the prices are lower than the previous weeks, and it ends on the weekend of Labor Day, so our kids won't be back in school yet! I see you're from CT, so I'm relatively sure your kids won't be in school yet either. We have a great thread for the August 28th cruisers, join us!! :)

By the way, I did a lot of research and gathered MANY quotes, and All Seasons was the best in terms of both price AND customer service!!

We are first timers just returning from the 8/16 Western on the Magic.

You just have to make up your mind that your gonna go and book it.

Our DD is 11 and loved every minute and my DH stated that the cruise was worth every penny and if you knew my DH you would know that this means alot...

We were treated like royalty.

We booked for 8/21/04 on the Magic for the Eastern cruise.

Hopefully, this will demonstrate how much we enjoyed ourselves!

Thanks for the replies.

Seaspray, our schools have shifted to start the Thursday before Labor Day for the last few years. So, we're looking at the 8/14/04 sailing. Thanks for the comments on All Seasons. I'm a little concerned that they can be so much less than other travel agents. Perhaps its all in volume and commission cutting?

Bon Voyage (a little - heck, alot, early!)

have no fear about All Seasons....they are absolutely an excellent, first rate co. -

We just booked the 8/14/2004 Western while on board the 8/9 Eastern, maybe we will see you there. My advice would be to book as soon as possible with whoever you decide to go with, because the price increases as the ship fills up. Last years cruise was $1700 more at cruise time then when we booked 1 yr out on the 8/02 Western. We always use DU, and have started booked onboard and transferring since that is the only way to get the on board credit now. But I have checked all of the internet cruise companies suggested since we returned and no one beats or onboard price, and on top of that got the $200 credit (DCL) and $150 rebate (DU). The booking onboard was $500 cheaper then the price I got from DCL (both without insurance) before sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter