help please for off site short stay

fletchers5

Mouseketeer
ok...you probably have read thousands of posts of people needing help with a Disney Vacation. Sorry in advance. I have been reading hundreds of post and I am so confused. I am also tired of booking hotels that are $140.00 a night and they are gross.

It's been at least 8 years since i have been to Disney. We are coming for a short stay Feb 24-Feb28th 2018. Me and my big mouth " first kid to have a grandchild, i will take to Disney" HAHA. So now I am obiligated. This first grandchild will be 18 months at the time we are at Disney. I know, I know, she will never remember it. It was really an excuse so I could go. Any how, since we will have a little one with us, staying on site means nothing to me. We do not care about EMH. We will only be visiting Magic Kingdon one day and Universal ( I so have to see Harry Potter World) one day. Disney Springs and possibly Old Town Disney ( i think it's called that)

The last time we were in Disney, we stayed at a hotel close to Disney SPrings. I think I got a good priceline deal. Now I see the prices are way up, resort fees etc. What I am looking for is a NICE hotel ( do not want to stay in a flea bag place) that is reasonable. Do not want to spend more than $150.00 anight, preferably closer to $100.00. We will be renting a car so transportation is not an issue. There will be 4 adults and one baby in the room. Do not really care if it has a nice pool area or not. I just want a newer clean hotel that I can sleep without worrying.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ok...you probably have read thousands of posts of people needing help with a Disney Vacation. Sorry in advance. I have been reading hundreds of post and I am so confused. I am also tired of booking hotels that are $140.00 a night and they are gross.

It's been at least 8 years since i have been to Disney. We are coming for a short stay Feb 24-Feb28th 2018. Me and my big mouth " first kid to have a grandchild, i will take to Disney" HAHA. So now I am obiligated. This first grandchild will be 18 months at the time we are at Disney. I know, I know, she will never remember it. It was really an excuse so I could go. Any how, since we will have a little one with us, staying on site means nothing to me. We do not care about EMH. We will only be visiting Magic Kingdon one day and Universal ( I so have to see Harry Potter World) one day. Disney Springs and possibly Old Town Disney ( i think it's called that)

The last time we were in Disney, we stayed at a hotel close to Disney SPrings. I think I got a good priceline deal. Now I see the prices are way up, resort fees etc. What I am looking for is a NICE hotel ( do not want to stay in a flea bag place) that is reasonable. Do not want to spend more than $150.00 anight, preferably closer to $100.00. We will be renting a car so transportation is not an issue. There will be 4 adults and one baby in the room. Do not really care if it has a nice pool area or not. I just want a newer clean hotel that I can sleep without worrying.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Curious if you would consider a vacation rental or timeshare? It would open up a world of options and give you a great deal of more space if you are open to something beyond a "hotel".

Go to Mousesavers website and check their WDW Preferred Hotels. Sign up for their newsletter as you will also get special offers via that. They don't have a long list but can be trusted and have some in your range.

Look at ... hotels around Palm Parkway, they are nice in between and easy to get to both parks.
- Hyatt Place Lake Buena Vista
- Hampton Inn LBV
- Homewood Suites LBV
- Staybridge Suites LBV

- Hampton Inn LBV South (has a nice Q/Q/Sofabed HUGE Suite)
- Buena Vista Suites
- Marriott Village Hotels (3)

Just a heads up because of that weekend being the Princess Races as well. Traffic may be a little crazy that weekend.

Go to Mousesavers website and check their WDW Preferred Hotels. Sign up for their newsletter as you will also get special offers via that. They don't have a long list but can be trusted and have some in your range.

Look at ... hotels around Palm Parkway, they are nice in between and easy to get to both parks.
- Hyatt Place Lake Buena Vista
- Hampton Inn LBV
- Homewood Suites LBV
- Staybridge Suites LBV

- Hampton Inn LBV South (has a nice Q/Q/Sofabed HUGE Suite)
- Buena Vista Suites
- Marriott Village Hotels (3)

thank you . Will check that out

Just a heads up because of that weekend being the Princess Races as well. Traffic may be a little crazy that weekend.
Yikes. Planning on visiting Magic Kindgon on Monday and Universal on Tuesday. Hope the crowd levels are low

we would be open to that.

I would suggest looking at one of the lovely resort communities near Disney - Windsor Hills, in particular, is very popular and has a variety of options - condos, townhomes and pool homes. Orange Lakes Resort, Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana are also all very popular and would give you more space.

The Marriott Grande Vista is also a beautiful resort that I would highly recommend. If you have AAA, there rates can be pretty reasonable depending on your dates.

It will probably be more crowded than what you planned - it is Spring Break time as well the Princess Races. going earlier in Feb before President's week would be my choice.

the only new places are going to be a lot more than what you can spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter