• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help please! Another "boarding in another port" question for one of my students

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
One of my students has gotten the lead in "Sarah Plain and Tall", our fall play which is Nov. 13, 14 and 15. Trouble is, after she got the lead she found out her parents have booked the Magic Eastern caribbean sailing November 15!
The drama director is my best friend and when she found out it was a Disney cruise asked me about it. I thought I had just recently read here that you can meet your party in another port.
So am I right in saying that this girl could fly and meet the boat in St. Maarten on Tuesday, since the first two days are at sea? And also, would she have to be with an adult since she is under 18 to do this?
I know it wouldn't be cheap but she wants to explore every alternative since she does have the lead part, and the director is frantic to keep her.
Robin M.

Hi Robin, I did a quick search to see if I could help you out. I really think the easiest thing would be for the parents to change their cruise date. Since I noticed you are from Ohio I picked Cleveland as the departure point and the cheapest one way ticket to St. Maarten is $671.00. She would have to switch planes in charlotte and the flight times range from six hours up to 16 hours (with switching and layovers) quite a bit for anyone to handle especially a non adult. Since children under 18 are not allowed to cruise on their own I don't think she could board alone either so you would have to double that $671.00 for one parent to go along with her. Maybe DCL would allow one of her parents to pick her up at the airport though. Plus by the time you get to st. maarten you have lost half the trip (she would have to leave Ohio at 7:40am and arrive in St. Maarten at 2:55pm then take a cab to the ship from the airport) Then you also could have the problem of flights deleyed or cancelled. What if the flight out of Charlette was late and she did not arrive until after the ship sailed? Yikes!

I also think changing the date would be the way to go--they only have 2 days until their 60 day mark, though, and that is a concern of mine. Even being the arts fan I am, I would probably tell the girl (if she was mine) too bad--in fact, I wouldn't have let her try out at all!
Robin M.

I agree with Ann, they have to change their date. Unless things have changed recently, guests were not allowed to board in other ports for security reasons.

Good for her for getting the lead role, though! :)
CC

One of my students has gotten the lead in "Sarah Plain and Tall", our fall play which is Nov. 13, 14 and 15. Trouble is, after she got the lead she found out her parents have booked the Magic Eastern caribbean sailing November 15!

Robin - why not just change the dates of the school play? If one day must be a saturday, then make it the 8th. Just a thought...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter