HELP!! Pass got revoked (not my fault)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, Disney is very strict on drugs. i would ofc try to get the pass back. It is def worth a shot.

It sounds like you are lucky they didn't call the "real" police - that they only revoked your pass for a year. And as I'm sure you know, it has nothing to do with whose it was. If it's in your car, it's yours, no matter how it got there. Watching COPS late at night has taught me that you can never say "but it wasn't mine" without suffering the consequences.

One year "from the date of infraction" means the day the officers found it in your car. Suppose you normally renew your pass on January 1st. This incident happened on January 5th, and they notified you that your pass was revoked on January 10th. This means that you cannot renew your pass on January 1st. You have to wait until January 5th, because that is the date it happened.

And yes, the parking lots are their property too. Parking lots are almost never public property, they are always owned by whoever they are the parking lot for.

Back in the 60's getting loaded and going DLR was an in thing and nobody really cared. But with the "meth/crack/heorin" culture and the violence that it brings, no tolerance policies have to be inforced.

Taking responsibility is the first step, but like I said call them and talk with them. You are luckey they did not call the cops.

Jack

Well, I agree completely with what everyone is saying. But in response to above, no one searched the car, they didn't see or take any of it. They just said it looked suspicious what we were doing, and I was honest with them...that's it. So even though I understand it's illegal and it's their property, they have no solid proof. We had nothing on us, we were outside of the car and done when they stopped us. So basically if I didn't say anything and be honest, they probably wouldn't have done anything. I'm just bummed is all =). Guess I'll call

My .02 cents, I think they were 100% in the right for taking your pass. Parents take their children to Disneyland as a family fun activity. Some save money all year long just to go. They don't want to be around "kids" doing drugs, nor do they want their child exposed to it.

My question though, how did they even know you had a pass to being with?

My .02 cents, I think they were 100% in the right for taking your pass. Parents take their children to Disneyland as a family fun activity. Some save money all year long just to go. They don't want to be around "kids" doing drugs, nor do they want their child exposed to it.

My question though, how did they even know you had a pass to being with?

I agree with you, and I feel bad...but it was almost closing time, far away from people... they asked and I said yes, so that's how they found out about my pass.

Well, I agree completely with what everyone is saying. But in response to above, no one searched the car, they didn't see or take any of it. They just said it looked suspicious what we were doing, and I was honest with them...that's it. So even though I understand it's illegal and it's their property, they have no solid proof. We had nothing on us, we were outside of the car and done when they stopped us. So basically if I didn't say anything and be honest, they probably wouldn't have done anything. I'm just bummed is all =). Guess I'll call
I would say that "it looked suspicious" is law enforcement-speak for "we saw what you did." And even though you are being vague, I think I can piece together what happened. Someone was smoking up inside your car, and the Disney police saw it. You were "outside and done" when they stopped you, but the inside of your car is not sovereign territory where no laws apply. If they see you commit a crime, then can stop you for it. The idea that "we had nothing on us" and "they didn't search the car" means something is silly. They saw somebody smoking up in your car, and they stopped you for it. Assuming I'm correct in my version of events, they did exactly as they were supposed to. Again, you're lucky they didn't call the cops, who would have brought you up on drug charges rather than just revoking your pass for a year.

I'm sure Disneyland is a lot of fun if you're high on pot, it sounds pretty cool to me too. But for a variety of reasons, it is against the rules. You broke the rules, so you're suffering the consequences. There's no reason to call and beg forgiveness if you broke the rules. And even if you didn't take a hit, it was in your car, so you broke the rules. Sorry.

well I'm also assuming that you all smelt pretty obvious as well. . . while I do commend you for being honest when they asked you about it, you had to know coming onto a board that is pretty family friendly that you would get a bunch of grief for not owning up to it by saying "not my fault". . . you allowed it to happen. . . kind of like an accomplice to any crime getting charged. . . you were there and did not prevent it from happening. . .

wait your year, but please use it as your year of remembering what NOT to do period, not just at disneyland. . . the choices you make now can always come back and kick you in the butt when you least expect it. . .

First, I am certainly NOT judging your behavior. What you do is your business unless it hurts me. But you did ask for opinions on if Disney would give you your pass back.

So here goes:

Well, since you said "WE were outside the car and done when they stopped us," you were in the car when the alleged infraction happened. "WE were outside the car" "WE were done" You either actively or passively participated, but participate you did. And Disney now knows it. Your passes are attached to your name and address via ID, so unless you can get a new name, address and ID, you are out of luck.

Of course you can always buy a day pass or park hopper just for when you want to go - that should work. They can't keep you out of the park if they don't know who you are.

Or you could try Knott's for a year!

Believe it or not the DLR parking lots / MAF structure are the more closely watched and guarded areas of the resort. I guess they feel it starts there so if you let it go at the source it will be pervasive.

You ever notice the silver half-spheres all over the parking lots? Those metallic-looking things are closed-captioned cameras with people watching! When your friends lit up the guys in the control room noticed the flash of light and quickly dispatched two bicycle guards to intercept you. By the time they got to you and your friends position you were out of the car but they knew what you were doing.

Seriously, don't ever party in the car at DSL, you will be confronted and asked to leave. You can possibly get your pass back but be smart and respectful and tell them it was a misunderstanding and that you didn't realize you were giving up your pass at the time. Worth a shot.

Of course there is no way they can stop you from buying single-day admissions or park-hoppers!

I think you mean closed-circuit...captioning is what deaf people use to understand TV shows! :hippie:

LOL! You are so right! I should have caught that! My mistake!

LOL! Maybe deaf people can catch the partiers on the parking lot,:rotfl2: while they are watching those TVs!

I knew there were cameras around, and I definitely know it wasn't the right thing to do- so of course I was in the wrong. I'm just obviously bummed that it happened to me, when I didn't smoke any of it, but still..it was my car and I am responsible. Just upset is all. They didn't actually see us doing it in the car, they said they saw the smoke...if they did see it, they would have had probably cause to search the car and call the cops. But since we had nothing on us, they banked on my honesty and won. Oh well...I thank all your input.

Maybe you can also look at this as an opportunity to think about your friends.

They must know you don't indulge, but they feel free to carry illegal substances while in your car and to smoke them (of course, if you were IN the car during that you KNOW that you were indeed indulging) while in your car...not very nice. I still remember exactly where I was driving (cross streets) when I thought "this boyfriend of mine and his friends are seriously using me, b/c I would get in SO much more trouble than they would b/c it's MY car...maybe I need a new boyfriend". After that I wouldn't let anyone bring anything into my car, and especially wouldn't let anyone light up.

Even though I had no consequences (realized it on my own without anyone pulling me over), it was a huge lesson for me, and changed the course of my life, or at least the sort of friends and acquaintances I was allowing in my life.

call guest services and tell them about the situation. However, you're probably lucky they just took your pass away and didn't call the police.

If not, I'd wait the year out, and next time make sure your friends are behaving!

We have seen (after smelling) people smoking pot in the parks a couple of times. The first time, one of us went and looked for a CM while the other stayed put near the smokers. The CM basically said, "yeah that happens sometimes", and that was it. I didnt expect him to confront the guys, only walkie talkie a security guard.

Needless to say we did nothing the second time we saw (smelled) it. Depends on who "catches" you as to what your punishment will be. Maybe a warning would be in order the first time. Second time, call the cops.

We have seen (after smelling) people smoking pot in the parks a couple of times. The first time, one of us went and looked for a CM while the other stayed put near the smokers. The CM basically said, "yeah that happens sometimes", and that was it. I didnt expect him to confront the guys, only walkie talkie a security guard.

Needless to say we did nothing the second time we saw (smelled) it. Depends on who "catches" you as to what your punishment will be. Maybe a warning would be in order the first time. Second time, call the cops.

The social/legal acceptance of pot has come a long way since this was posted in 2008. 8-)

The social/legal acceptance of pot has come a long way since this was posted in 2008. 8-)
I didn't even look at the date! I just clicked on one of the links at the bottom of the page. Why does these ancient threads keep popping up even?

Yes it has changed a lot, but still shouldn't be happening at DLR. But I see a lot of things happening there that shouldn't be. shrug

wow, Zombie thread! All I can say is if your life is so bad you need to get high to deal with it, it's time to reevaluate your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter