~*~HELP~*~Need LOW air fare From DFW

shari2shop

Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's
I'm so excited! My hubby just said we could go to DW for our 10th ann!

I need to find CHEAP air fare out of DFW (Dallas). We want to fly out early (before 8am) and return late (after 7pm). We MUST have a nonstop flight. Our travel dates are sorta flexible. We want to leave either on Sept 29 or 30th and return on Oct 3 through 5th.

The cheapest I have found is on Delta for 260.00 RT. However, I'm not sure if I saw all their flights and sales. Also, are there discount codes out there or do airlines not do codes? I am new at all this booking stuff!

Could someone please help me. I want to book soon so I know our dates so i can book our hotel room and use a code that i found for it!!!

Thanks so much!

Shari:confused:

American has just lowered their rates - I was able to get 123.50 per person on non-stop flights for Labor Day weekend. I found the rate on www.travelocity.com, but I was able to book it through American's # 1-800-433-7300. Hope this helps.

Hi Shari2shop.

Welcome to the DIS boards - glad you found us here!

I hate to tell you that Delta just had a GREAT airfare sale last week. We got our tickets to Orlando (direct flights for March 2002) for $101.24 each. They were $302 and are back up to that price now. I had no plans on buying them this soon but couldn't pass up that price.

I would check the airline websites along with travelocity and expedia every day to see if anything comes up. I would think you could do better than $260 but you never know. DFW is not exactly known for great airfares. Since American did not have a big sale when Delta did, it is possible that they could offer some good fares before your trip.

I checked on expedia and really didn't see that many good options for leaving early and returning late on your dates of travel. You will probably want to stick with leaving on the 29th since that will give you a Saturday night stayover. Without a Saturday stayover, plane tickets are generally more expensive. There are also very few direct Delta flights (3 per day usually) and only a few more than that on American in general. Therefore, you will want to weigh the benefits of non-stop flights at particular times versus lower price.

There are no "codes" you can use when booking airlines tickets. You just have to watch very closely and grab the tickets when they go on sale. It can be a real battle trying to figure out when to book and when to wait. I would also check this board frequently as someone is likely to post when they find good airfares (that is how I found out about the Delta sale last week).

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter