Help need ideas for gifts for 12 year old girl

tarheel618

DIS Veteran
I need some actual gifts not gift cards

She has and Ipad and Ipod- not doing phone at this time

I need a few more gifts for her 2-3 around 70. I try to make sure each kids has the same amount of gifts and she is definitely being shorted. When I ask her- she doesn't have any request. Her sister is older and requested shoes and clothes.

I need help- suggestions please.

I should add shes not a reader or into jewelry

I need a few more gifts for her 2-3 around 70. I try to make sure each kids has the same amount of gifts and she is definitely being shorted. When I ask her- she doesn't have any request. Her sister is older and requested shoes and clothes.

T shirts/hoodies from her favorite movies or shows?

Room decorations? New bed set?

My 2nd DD (also the almost teen little sis of an older teen sis) asked for little, but she did ask for high end colored pencils (Prismacolor 72 count), fuzzy warm knee high socks, and bath bombs from Bath and Body Works...I added a Strathmore colored pencil art drawing pad and a high end colored pencil sharpener, a Lands End tankini, and 2 video games (1 Switch, 1 3ds), (plus some nice new undies and bras and her Xmas PJs), so she had personal "stuff" to open, not just gift cards and e-cards...I would have probably grabbed a DVD if I needed more, but I think she's set (at least from me/Santa)...I also bought one of my siblings gifts for her and that was BBW bubble bath...any of these ideas sound good?

Is she into Legos? My niece is 13 and asked for gift cards, Legos, Thinking Putty, and a slow squishy.

My younger DD just had her 12th birthday. I decided I was going to get her a real purse. I got her a LeSport Sac. I really thought it was going to be a dud but she flipped out and was SO genuinely excited to get this purse.

Other things I got for her birthday/Christmas:
Lava Lamp
Slime Making Kit
Nail Polish Making Kit
Movies
3D Doodler
Rip Stick

What about craft kits such as friendship bracelet making? How about a nice bathrobe and slippers? Fun footie pjs such as unicorn style for lounging around the house? A wireless speaker in a fun shape? A tablet pillow?

12 is a hard age to buy for...

For my DD's around this age, I did some more grown up item, nail polish with all the accessories, bath products from bath and both were a hit. New hair stuff, brush and hair clips, headband and pony tail holders... both girl had really long hair so it was needed.

Disney sweatshirts or hoodies. They still like these and they are both married and moms now.

New backpack, or a purse...DD's like the small crossbody or messenger style, and wallet.... matching of course. Also they wanted something to put you know "lady stuff" in discreetly.

Travel pillow... I know this was kinda strange but if you travel, road trips, fly to come visit Mickey and the gang... They loved it...

I have an 11YO girl and was just looking at her list...let's see...

A basketball - I only mention it as maybe she's into a sport or activity and has something she could use related to that.

Sketch pads, colored pencils, animal onsie pjs (they seem to be the rage with her friends, can find them in stores and online and tend to be in the $20-30 range), bath bombs, and squishies. which are soft squishy things that usually look like food (like that Kawaii style). I do not like them but she and her friends all seem to collect them, and they're everywhere! I also found a fun bath bomb making kit at Barnes & Noble that looks fun...lots of fun ideas here - happy shopping!

My DD12 asked for a flat iron, fitbit, clothes (she supplied specific links, lol), a Vera Bradley wristlet, big set of colored pencils, slime-making supplies (this is HUGE with her friends right now), and makeup.

For what it's worth, DD14 would not have wanted any of those things, except the colored pencils. She prefers nicer art supplies with canvases, Rubik's cubes (2x2, 4x4, or other shapes), Anything Disney, sports-related clothes, and stuffed animals.

They both go crazy for fuzzy blankets, fun print socks, scented shower gel/body sprays, and the collectible "blind bag/box" things like mini TsumTsums or Funko Pop figures.

My DD turns 12 two weeks after Christmas. Here is my idea list for her. She asked for more toys this year, felt she didn’t get any last year. She is still a young 12. She is our only girl with two younger brothers. Not very girly.

Fitbit
Polaroid Zip
clothes
Amazon Dot
Project MC2 kit
Oonies
basketball
Alex & Ani bracelet
snow boots/snow pants
sequin pillow
doll clothes
Bike helmet/bicycle bubble machine
Memory foam for bed
Pie face sky high
"husband" pillow
sleeping bag
ponytail hat – etsy
Alex Rock pet
The North Face jacket
LOL surprise
Lego Friends Ski Lift
Hatchimal
Lego tape
Hatchimals CollEggtibles
Pop Socket/otter box
squishies
Bedtime Stories for Rebel girls
sequin slippers
oreo milkshake kit

My DD12 asked for a flat iron, fitbit, clothes (she supplied specific links, lol), a Vera Bradley wristlet, big set of colored pencils, slime-making supplies (this is HUGE with her friends right now), and makeup.
OMG, on the slime! I have a DS in 6th grade and he says it's all about who can make the best slime.

Some other ideas (that my DD got at her earlier birthday)...
- Noise-canceling headphones - she likes ignoring her siblings
- A cute tiny purse (my mom bought it for her and she loved it)
- Ipsy subscription (not sure you could get the 1st bag as a gift in time) - she's my experimenter and loves stealing her older sis's sub

It really depends on her interests. I would think of what she likes to do and try to work from that.

Mine asked for robot making kits. She also likes to sew and create, so sewing kits and even just fabric are also things she likes. She likes little purses- especially the Disney themed ones from hot topic. For the top of her list, she specifically requested some Barbie sized dolls of Disney characters they don't make anymore and haven't in years that required me to track them down on Ebay. (When she was a toddler and a little girl, she was the queen of asking Santa for some doll or something else she had seen that hadn't been sold in stores for at least 3 years). She also likes Squishies.

Her friends have asked for those $10 LOL surprise balls, but my DD has zero interest in those and she hates bath bombs or any kind of perfumed spray. She has another friend who asked for "how to draw" certain thing books and art supplies. She also has friends who want supplies to make Slime and are obsessed with that- but she has no interest in that.

Last edited:
Earbuds or headphones, waterproof speaker (my DD13 loves hers for listening to music while she showers), art supplies, new bedding, Bath & Body Works products.

You could also give her some of her favorite snacks or drinks that she doesn't have to share with anyone. Both my kids love graham crackers and DD always complains about her brother "hogging" all of them. So, last year we gave her her own box for Christmas that she didn't have to share.

At DD's junior high, the kids have to wear their school ID at all times, so decorating their lanyards is a big thing. Hot Topic has some small buttons with different phrases and themes that DD and her friends have all over their lanyards. That might be something to think about.

My niece is 13 and this year we got her a gift card because that is what she wanted. Otherwise it comes down to what they are in to and if she is still into young kid things or teenager things
-Nice headphones
-shoes ( adidas, nike, uggs or whatever the young are wearing lol)
- a very nice art set( she loves to draw)
-beauty products (face mask, lip gloss, hair stuff, bath bombs)
- cute backpack ( i see a lot of teenagers wearing these to go to the mall or out with friends)
-cool sunglasses
-mermaid blanket
-Polaroid camera

My daughter is 12 and all she wants this year is Lego's. Lego friends, Lego elves, Lego superheroes...she wants them all. She did ask for a trampoline but I really don't want one in my yard. I picked up some splat balls at the mall yesterday, they seem to be popular around here. She just added Aqua Dots to her list. I don't know how that got on her radar. I plan on getting her a vanity mirror that lights up, a free standing one. Otherwise it's just legos, legos, legos.

My dd is almost 11.

Kavu bag and wallet
North face fuzzy coat
Fuzzy boots
Bluetooth headphones
Bath and body (they are running a special today, b3g4 plus $10 off $30)
Movie tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter