Help me make (or find cheap) t-shirt sleeve ties

bas71873

DIS Veteran
DD's field day is coming up and they have to wear their class t-shirts (which are short sleeve), but I want to tie her sleeves up for her so her shirt is more like a tank (presuming it will be a hot day). I've seen the cute t-shirt sleeve ties on other kids, but can't find any to buy. They can't be that hard to make right? Can someone tell me how? I thinking just buying some ribbon and that's it, but how can I keep the ends from fraying?

TIA

I saw a young girl in the parks who did this. All she did was string some pretty ribbon through the sleeve and neck and tie it into a bow at the top of her shoulder. she tied another loop of ribbon through the knot so it looked like a double bow.
It really does look cute on younger girls.
Just be careful about the length of the ribbon in case she is going to do any type of activities that might get caught in the ribbons. YOu might want to make sure the ribbon length is short, just on her shoulder, not hanging down.

I saw a young girl in the parks who did this. All she did was string some pretty ribbon through the sleeve and neck and tie it into a bow at the top of her shoulder. she tied another loop of ribbon through the knot so it looked like a double bow.
It really does look cute on younger girls.
Just be careful about the length of the ribbon in case she is going to do any type of activities that might get caught in the ribbons. YOu might want to make sure the ribbon length is short, just on her shoulder, not hanging down.

Thx. I wonder if there is something that can be done to the ends of the ribbon to "seal" them so they don't fray? I'm not a crafty person at all and have no idea, but I think I'm going to pick up some cheap ribbon this week and give it a try!

Thx. I wonder if there is something that can be done to the ends of the ribbon to "seal" them so they don't fray? I'm not a crafty person at all and have no idea, but I think I'm going to pick up some cheap ribbon this week and give it a try!

Go to Joanne's and ask one of the fabric cutters to show you where the fray stop is.
It is usually near the fabric paints. It is alot like glue, you paint or spread it on fabric and it will drie clear but flexible. It will stop the fabric from fraying. It also doesn't wash out so if she gets wet (water park, wet rides, rain) it won't be ruined.

To stop the ribbon from fraying you can Heat seal it by running the end over a candle flame smoothly and quickly. You will feel the end of the ribbon go a little hard (melted). If you are too slow it will go a little black, you have to be at the right speed. Better to go quickly and go through the flame a couple of times. Practice first. :thumbsup2

To stop the ribbon from fraying you can Heat seal it by running the end over a candle flame smoothly and quickly. You will feel the end of the ribbon go a little hard (melted). If you are too slow it will go a little black, you have to be at the right speed. Better to go quickly and go through the flame a couple of times. Practice first. :thumbsup2

Ooooh thanks. I am picking up ribbon this week and will try it out :)

I use Fray Check by Dritz. Get it at JoAnn's on the notion wall in the laundry area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter