Help me get my magic mojo back!

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
So we (me/DH/DD9) are going 5 weeks today....i should be bursting with excitement, which i have been up until Irma. i understand weather happens and we are staying at AoA so i know we will be really looked after.

It's all the posts on FB (and i'm now going to unfollow them all and stay with this positive forum instead!) that say "don't book with (insert Travel Agent name here)." Too late we are booked with a Travel agent and there's no going back now, we have the best insurance so no worries there.

I usually get anxiety about 1 week before travel but it's already started....usually about family being healthy to travel/family being healthy that we are leaving behind (the oldies!).

Please send me some positive thoughts and photos to help me get my magic mojo back! :worried:

As long as you are happy then it really doesn't matter what anyone else says - everyone has an opinion and some people are oh too quick to share the negatives but not the positives!

I am sure you will have a fab time :dogdance:

As the previous post says, don't worry about anyone else's opinion! You will have a fantastic time,you're going at a great time of year with all the Halloween decorations and the food and wine festival if it's still on when you're there. try not to worry about further hurricanes. It is very rare that central florida is affected and if it did happen again the parks would only close for a day or 2. If it helps I'm extremely jealous you only have 5 weeks to wait, I've only just hit the 365 day mark!

You will be looked after don't you doubt that. There are year around plans in place to deal with every eventuality. They will not leave you stranded or in a difficult situation. The resorts provide dining facilities and food and drinks items in the stores. If they do tell you to stay in your room for a hurricane that's the safest place to be. Just be sure you have plenty of toiletries from Mouse Keeping and something to pass the time, board games are good, have a couple of torches and spare batteries handy in case the power dies go out ( it can take a while to restore) don't worry most places have backnup generators. Remember they want you to enjoy your stay and they soon clear up fallen trees and the water will go away. It's much like a bad storm here they just clean up and keep going. If you need to relocate rooms due to water leakage etc. they will manage that too( not saying you will need to ). Stay sensible and enjoy it.

We will be there soon too and it's not put me off at all. We've stayed after other hurricanes and TBH if utility and insurance people here had their work ethics things would improve a heck of a lot after storms. No where else I know of pulls work details in from out of state to help them get the infrastructure back up and running like clockwork so quickly and without a fuss. Honestly you probably wouldn't know anything had happened on a huge scale once they get done.

Thanks all I'm back on track now and very excited. Let's hope the weather is heading for being calmer. As long as we actually get there safely I know Disney will look after us whilst there :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter