Help me decide

Dizznee Freak

Mouseketeer
Help. I need some advice. I am currently stuck between SSR,BWV or AKV JAMBO.
Can y'all help me pro and cons each one.

Jambo has a sub-standard master in the 1BR and 2BR (bathroom not connected to the bedroom and a shower in the jacuzzi tub) but has nice studio and GV's

SSR has great Disney Springs proximity and would have the shortest walk to a car and has (2) feature pools, but may be farther from "main areas"

BWV has the great Epcot and DHS proximity and TS dining, but lacks QS selection.

It's well worthwhile trying each resort, they are all different experiences.

Jambo has a sub-standard master in the 1BR and 2BR (bathroom not connected to the bedroom and a shower in the jacuzzi tub) but has nice studio and GV's

SSR has great Disney Springs proximity and would have the shortest walk to a car and has (2) feature pools, but may be farther from "main areas"

BWV has the great Epcot and DHS proximity and TS dining, but lacks QS selection.

It's well worthwhile trying each resort, they are all different experiences.
Yeah we stayed at Kidani in June and it was just too much walking. We own SSR , BWV is the only resort I have not set foot on of the three.hmmm

Yeah we stayed at Kidani in June and it was just too much walking. We own SSR , BWV is the only resort I have not set foot on of the three.hmmm

Just did a 3 night stay at BWV last month in a 1BR BW view. Had the best location ever-2nd floor just above Thimbles & threads.
We truly enjoyed the atmosphere. I agree with hakepb-the lack of a QS dining stinks but you can always walk over to Beach Club if desired. That would be my choice. SSR is great if you plan on going to Disney Springs often. And AKL has great themeing.

It really depends on unit size, size of party, and squad goals.

You have a park-hating golfer in your party who won't be doing a lot of Disney? SSR wins, depending on needed room configuration.
Non-parks trip? Saratoga and AKV have their advantages.
Party of 5? AKV is going to win there, as you either need to wedge into a studio at BWV or BYO BED for #5 at BWV and SSR in a 1BR, but AKV has 5 bed surfaces even with the lesser layout of Jambo (vs. Kidani).

If you stay long enough, do a split stay.
Last January I stayed in SSR for Disney Springs and AK days. At BWV for Epcot and DHS days and Poly for MK days. It worked perfectly: I minimized travel time to parks and got a new vacation experience every 4 days. And booking a resort at 7 months for 4 nights is easier than for 12 (I even got BWV standard with a WL). I think I'm going to try something similar for all my upcoming stays. But I travel solo and don't mind living out of the suitcase. Your mileage may vary.

All personal preference, but for us it would be BWV and it's not even close TBH!

Never stayed at AKV, so I can't speak to that personally, but we've heard great things. Just a little too far removed for us, we've gotten very used to the convenience of places like BWV, BCV, BLT etc... We'll stay out there eventually for sure, probably once our DS is a little older and can really enjoy the safari views.

SSR- Really nice place, no doubt about that. Plenty of friends who LOVE it there... not so much for us lol Again, just personal preference. It's not that we don't like it, but we'd never choose it over BWV (or BCV, BLT, Poly etc...). We've tried figuring out why exactly we don't love it and we're not really sure. I think mostly it goes back to what we said about AKV also, we've gotten so used to the convenience at places like BWV that we are spoiled and don't love having to take buses everywhere like at SSR (granted the convenience to Disney Springs is nice). We've debated whether the overall resort just doesn't appeal to us because it's set after NY and we're from NY, so it feels almost too much like home... don't know to be honest.

All in all, this is an easy decision for us. BWV 10 times out of 10! Location, location, location. Can't beat it! Only places you HAVE to take a bus are DS and AK (for MK you can go through Epcot and take the monorail if you wanted, we enjoy doing this) Plenty of food options (although BWV itself is lacking much QS other than the bakery, there are plenty of options in that loop). Plenty of entertainment options without going into a park. Walking distance to mini-golf. Great pools. Great community hall. We just absolutely love it! By far our favorite.

Love threads like this when we get to see everyone's different preferences and the reasons.

Are you wanting to buy points or simply stay in one of these three resorts? If buying, SSR has the lowest maintenance fees of the three. Over the long term, that can make a difference.
We like SSR for a more tranquil resort experience. Close to the action/restaurants of Disney Springs, but far enough away if you want peace. It is sprawling but we love the walking paths. (Some don't like how spread out it is though.) Also like parking close to our room. Bus system is dedicated to SSR only but 5 stops within the resort.
BWV has bonus of proximity to 2 parks! We love this convenience. Back entrance to Epcot and walking path to HS. BoardWalk area itself provides some added entertainment options but nothing compared to Disney Springs.
AKV are the best themed (in our opinion) and our overall favorite room layouts. We love the animals on property, as well. However, we do not really care for the location distance of this resort. Seems far from Parks aside from AK.
Hope this helps! I always say, there's something for everyone with DVC, but it depends on your family's likes and dislikes.
What's perfect for one family is not always that way for another.

I have reservations at all three within the next 7 months:
SSR in three weeks just booked last weekend, as a last minute unexpected trip.
BWV over Labor Day weekend.
AKL-J post DCL next Feb.
Any day at WDW is better than a day at work, each resort has their advantages and disadvantages. We go based on what we want to do that trip and have found something to like about every resort.

Help. I need some advice. I am currently stuck between SSR,BWV or AKV JAMBO.
Can y'all help me pro and cons each one.

Have you considered Kidani Village over Jambo House? For a 1 or 2BR the master bath is large with a huge walk in shower. Kidani Village only has QS in the morning 7-10 AM at Sanaa and at the pool for cold food items. Jambo House has two TS restaurants and Mara a QS. Although Sanaa is still my favorite restaurant of the three TS. Kidani has long hallways but reality they are not than much longer than at Jambo House. I know we have often been assigned studios at the end of the hall at each of them. Those walks are still shorter than anywhere we walk at the parks.

I don't care for the split bathrooms in the 1 and 2 BRs at BWV. There is no door between the tub area and the master bedroom, there is one between the tub area and shower/toilet area. No privacy for a guest to bathe if someone walks into or is sleeping the MBR. You can get coffee indoors at BWV in the lounge on the BWI side, but all other dining is outside. The studios are fine. There are even some dedicated studios and 1 BRs.

SSR is the similar that all food is outside of your room's building as the is built similar to OKW except each building has an elevator. The hallways at SSR are more enclosed but the windows in the hallways are all open to the elements. There is food at SSR in two parts of the resort, at the Carriage House where there is a TS and QS and at the Paddock Pool where there is a QS with a large variety of hot food. The studios are fine.

My favorites of the three resorts are AKV and SSR.

I love BWV easy walk to two parks, the Boardwalk is nice to spend the evening at with entertainment. You also have plenty of dining options close by in Epcot and the busses only stop at BWV so you don't spend ages going around the resort.
SSR we like the Congress Park area for the short walk to Disney Springs and we prefer the quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!