• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! I need to start planning for 2002

TotallyLuvTigger

Earning My Ears
Okay I have the dates picked out. 10/22 to 10/27 or 10/20 to 10/25.

I know I want to stay at one of the Allstars. I have started doing a few rewards programs.

I need help with a food budget
Room rates
Airline tickets

We are in WI and any other tips you can give me.

Oh it is just my son and I and he will be 11 then. Thanks you so much.

Hi there neighbor! Let's start...Airline tickets...I personally have to fly non-stop. I think in Milwaukee you have a choice of Sun Country and maybe Northwest. Otherwise, if you are willing to make a stop (like in Chicago), you MAY be able to get better rates - especially watch Delta and Southwest as they do tend to have the best deals.

Food Budget...head over to Deb Wills' site (http://www.wdwig.com) and check out her Menus. She has people send her the menus, with the descriptions and prices so people can plan their budgets. Totally the best!

All Stars...if you haven't discovered there are 3 of them : Sports, Music and Movies. Movies is most popular and you will almost never see discounts for it. However, if it's just the Value resort you want (ie less cost), at the time you are going the new value resort, Pop Century, will be completely open. And I personally think the location for Pop Century is MUCH better. The All Stars are all located by Animal Kingdom - very close to it, but far from Magic Kingdom, and an okay distance from MGM and Epcot. Pop Century is located near MGM and Epcot - very centrally located.

Unfortunately, with your son being 11, he will be considered an adult in terms of Park Hoppers.

If you join the Disney Club, you may be able to get a discount on your room at that time of year.

Happy Planning! I'll be taking the family in Dec of 2002 to the Polynesian!

Midwest Express Airlines....there is no other way to go!

Get yourself a frequent flyer card and a basic Midwest Express charge card and use the
charge card for EVERYTHING. We use if for groceries, gas, restaurant, every shopping trip, and anything we order on line. You won't believe how quickly it adds up. You only need 15,000 miles for a free companion ticket. We got the charge card when a girlfriend of mine urged and urged me to do so. Honestly, I did not think it would help us much but with the special bonus mile offers by Midwest Express and using that card for absolutely everything, we now have 4 free companion tickets just waiting to be used.

Of course, you have to pay it off monthly or you kinda defeat the purpose!!!

Where can I find a rental car coupon, or discount code for 2002? We will be going to Universal and Disney the beginning of March and want to rent a car, and I know I can get one for cheaper than $200 when all the taxes are added on! Where can I find the best deal for a rental car?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter