Help ! I am not amused

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Does anyone know anything about this?
I decided to book for Christmas - arrive 24th for 3 nights
Went to book this a.m only to be told that I cannot book a room only for those dates with my DREAM AP I can only book packages. Surely if you can only book packages in which you pay for entry too, in effect that means for anyone living in the UK there is a blackout date for Dream passes. I know that we could stay somewhere else but that rather defeats the object. This applies from 24 Dec - 31 December. Can't discuss this with anyone over the weekend either, office not open. I am not a happy bunny !:jumping3:

That's ridiculous!!!

I thought the whole point of a Dream passport was that there are no blackout dates - but, as you said, effectively they are black-out dates if you have to pay again for the park passes as part of a package.

My only advice would be to try again on Monday - each time we've tried to book we've been told different prices, and they have struggled to understand that as we had annual passports we only wanted room only prices.

If you find you really can't book room only during those dates then I would complain - you could have saved yourself some money and got the Fantasy passport rather than getting the Dream.

Dee
I recall in other forums similar concern last year, that because of the demands Disney would not accept room only bookings. Might be one of the reasons that Explorer and Holiday Inn are more popular at that time of year.

Reid

Reid

mmmmmmmmmm

Have to wait until Monday I guess.

Call back and talk to someone else, or call the hotel direct. I have fond the customer service to be rather ill informed and had the same problem in the past.

Dee, try using your shareholder discount. I don't think there are any blackout dates any more with that and it gives 10% discount on room only. Tel: 00 33 1 60 30 60 72

Hi Dee,

I am having the same dilemma as you - but was told last week that the room only prices would be released in November. I was trying to book for Easter. You could ask when you phone back on Monday if this also the case for Christmas?

Kaye :sunny:

Thanks folks
I'll keep trying.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow

All done. Went very smoothly this morning :goodvibes :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Dee8197 said:
All done. Went very smoothly this morning :goodvibes :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Hi,

so you got the room only for christmas? Would like to know cause last year i had the same problem and stayed off-site.

Greets Renate :wizard:

OK Steve:rotfl:

Renate
Yes we did get room only, but it was not without it's problems.
It all hangs on the type of AP that you have. I gather that room only is available over Christmas for Dream Pass holders. ( That being the exception)
I'm sorry that you didn't manage to get the room last year
They didn't seem to understand the concept of " Dream passes " and "No blackout dates" in the UK. Anyway its all booked up now. Just hope that it isn't so cold that DH won't be able to leave the hotel. I've booked a Montanna room so hopefully that will be OK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter