Help --- Craft-challenged mom needs idea for Market Day project!

MinMouse

DIS Veteran
DD is in fourth grade and her "market day" is approaching. In our school the fourth graders produce a product and the parents and fifth and sixth graders come through to shop. They raise $$$ for the PTA but the kids are also graded on planning, producing a product, selling, etc. She'd like to do potpourri ball for lockers. I have no idea where to start with that one. So, any idea how to accomplish that or another idea we can do. Food items are discouraged . . . they really want them to make their own "product". The budget is $10. So hit me with your best ideas!

DD is in fourth grade and her "market day" is approaching. In our school the fourth graders produce a product and the parents and fifth and sixth graders come through to shop. They raise $$$ for the PTA but the kids are also graded on planning, producing a product, selling, etc. She'd like to do potpourri ball for lockers. I have no idea where to start with that one. So, any idea how to accomplish that or another idea we can do. Food items are discouraged . . . they really want them to make their own "product". The budget is $10. So hit me with your best ideas!

Can you buy some tulle, cut out a square, thread a small ribbon (or yarn) through the loops all the way around (might need a big eyed needle for this), fill the center with potpourri, then pull the ribbon and tie it to cinch it. The tulle would let out the scent easily and is usually very cheap. And can use the ribbon to create a "hanger"

I'm going to move this over to the Creative Community's Arts & Crafts Board. I think that you'll get a lot more ideas from the crafty people over ther.

I love Family Fun's website for craft ideas. Have your DD go through the crafts and see if anything appeals to her. One of the things that you might want to suggest is that she create something that appeals to both genders, thus allowing her to profit from all consumers.

As for the potpourri balls, I would guess that you could use styrofoam balls and cover them in silk flowers with some scented oil (I'm just going off the top of my head, I'm not a full time potpourri ball maker so I have no real idea what I'm doing).

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter