"Heavenly Beds" at DVD?

snackyx

Mouseketeer
As a long time OKW member one of the few complaints (or maybe it is just a wish) I have is regarding the beds. A few years ago Westin hotels upgraded all their beds to what they refer to as the "heavenly bed", and Marriott and many other chains have follwed suit. These are premium box spring/mattress combos with high quality linens. I can understand the linens most likely are not happening, but do any of the newer DVC resorts have a more "premimum" bed than does OKW? Would this EVER be on a refurbishment schedule, or does Disney figure we have already bought in and paid up, why upgrade?

Well first off you are talking about hotel chains, not timeshares. And DVC has upgraded their linens. They did that in October. They changed them to the new ones right in the middle of our stay at BCV and we could tell a pretty big difference. I'm not sure about the mattresses. Maybe someone here has more information on that.

Our king bed at BWV two years ago was rock hard - pretty much like the last bed we had OKW. Last year, the BWV bed was MUCH better. Not quite "heavenly" level (I love those beds!), but much better. So they've been doing at least some upgrading to the beds. We didn't have the new linens last year, so we'll see what we get on our next trip. The old linens were defintely showing a little age.

DisFlan

Our bed at home was pretty pricey - Bill decided on it before I got involved with the purchase.

But at OKW last week, the bed was really comfortable - not as wonderful as my bed at home, but really comfortable. And last year at BCV, the bed was also very comfortable. Will liked the sleeper sofa at BCV over the one at OKW (similar to the SSR type). BCV had the one where the cushions stay attached and flip under to support the foot of the bed.

Our Queen Bed at AKV's slept very well. We didn't have a complaint at all. I thought our king bed at BCV's was very good also. I have never slept at OKW, so I can't compare it to those. I have to have a good mattress. I have slept at the Westin Villas on the heavenly beds, they are wonderful, Westin does use the heavenly beds at the Timeshares or they did at that timeshare.;)

The BWV recently upgrqaded the matresses to the "pillowtop" variety. I don't know if they have done so at the other DVC resorts.

We have had some units at OKW with the upgraded beds this past year and the ones at AKV were very comfy too. As for the linens...The upgraded ones were very nice and the bottom sheet, while still a flat one, was considerably larger than the old ones. The higher thread count was also noticeable.

We have had some units at OKW with the upgraded beds this past year and the ones at AKV were very comfy too. As for the linens...The upgraded ones were very nice and the bottom sheet, while still a flat one, was considerably larger than the old ones. The higher thread count was also noticeable.

I only had to remake the bed once last week at OKW with the newer, larger sheets.

As a long time OKW member one of the few complaints (or maybe it is just a wish) I have is regarding the beds. A few years ago Westin hotels upgraded all their beds to what they refer to as the "heavenly bed", and Marriott and many other chains have follwed suit. These are premium box spring/mattress combos with high quality linens. I can understand the linens most likely are not happening, but do any of the newer DVC resorts have a more "premimum" bed than does OKW? Would this EVER be on a refurbishment schedule, or does Disney figure we have already bought in and paid up, why upgrade?

Ummm. Disney's "Deluxe" rooms have the same cheap bed and linens.

I don't think we aren't going to get it if they can't even give guests paying $400 a night a decent bed:rotfl2:

My favorite is the new "Disney Linen" line they are pushing "Here's what you SHOULD get for these prices so buy it":rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Disney's beds don't compare to the Westin at all and don't really come close to the Marriott beds!

It would be nice if they made a "Deal" with Sleep Number beds!! That would be heavenly!! I could just hear Lindsay Wagner now " Look, even Disney has them!"

Cyndi

It would be nice if they made a "Deal" with Sleep Number beds!! That would be heavenly!! I could just hear Lindsay Wagner now " Look, even Disney has them!"

Cyndi

Sorry, I'm not a fan. I slept on one of these this past September at the Radisson right before a cruise. I tried all types of firmness levels and never could get comfortable. I'm used to a Sterns and Foster that has a pillow top with memory foam incased in it. I've never slept on a bed more comfy. I vote for that mattress. ;)

Maybe it was the fact that it was a king or maybe it was just a good mattress because when we stayed at SSR in December it was one of the most comfortable mattress we ever slept on. It was comparable to what we had at home and our mattress came on the recommendation of our Chiropractor!

All Westin timeshares like the one in Maui have the Heavenly bed. It is so nice to sleep on. Marriott for the longest time had this foam cushion thingy. I've heard they have upgraded to better matress for their timeshares. It would be nice if DVC upgraded their matresses. I'd be willing to pay for it as a better night sleep is too important especially when you start getting old.

A week ago We stayed at AKL and VBR The beds were really great at VBR and just ok at AKL.

Grumpy

Since AKV is new, are the beds better? I heard that they were pillow tops. How are the new ones at BWV?

DW and I stayed at the Swan many times pre DVC. Those heavenly beds really are great.

Sorry, I'm not a fan. I slept on one of these this past September at the Radisson right before a cruise. I tried all types of firmness levels and never could get comfortable. I'm used to a Sterns and Foster that has a pillow top with memory foam incased in it. I've never slept on a bed more comfy. I vote for that mattress. ;)

OOOOOOH! That's my bed, too, king size. It is soooooo hard to get out of in the morning!!!;)

OOOOOOH! That's my bed, too, king size. It is soooooo hard to get out of in the morning!!!;)

We have that same problem. Maybe I shouldn't have one that comfy at WDW. We'll never leave the bed! :) The beds at WDW aren't too bad. A heavenly bed or something similar would be nice. But the only hotel I have ever stayed at that competed with my Sterns and Foster is the Affinia in Chicago. Those beds are fabulous. And the showers are the size of large walk-in closets. Oh well, a girl can dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter