Have I gone overboard on Character Meals?

I have 5 planned for our 1 day visit in October. This will be my children's (5 and 2) first visit to WDW so I'm going all out.

LOL! I was thinking we have too many character meals booked too.....

5 nights at the Yacht Club and we are doing:
Night 1-Garden Grill (character meal)
Night 2-1900 Park Fare (Cinderella for DD's 4th bday)
Night 3-Mama Melrose's (Fantasmic)
Day 4-Cape May Cafe character breakfast
Night 4-Liberty Tree Tavern (character meal for MNSSHP)
Day 5-Kona

We have FOUR character meals. I honestly can't decide which one to nix.... definitely not 1900 Park Fare as DD chose that one and not LTT due to MNSSHP.... we always do the Cape May Cafe breakfast-it's a tradition :) so Garden Grill is questionable... but a lot of people rave about it (we've done it in the past) and I can't get Le Cellier for that night.....

PeterPansMum said:
We'll be at WDW for 7 days and I have ADRs for 3 character meals... I'm debating adding another because we love Pooh and have done a meal with Pooh every trip. So, am I crazy??

Sept 20-27 Official Plan:
21st: possible CP with Pooh for breakfast
25th: scheduled breakfast with Donald at AK and dinner with Mickey at CM's
27th: scheduled breakfast at GF goodbye WDW

TIA Cindy

PeterPansMum, I don't think you are crazy. Crystal Palace serves terrific food and has wonderful character interaction. I have booked four character meals for our upcoming August trip and Crystal Palace is at the top of our list. Have a great trip!

:goodvibes :goodvibes

I can honestly say I have never eaten at a single TS restaurant at WDW. Thank you free dining!!! :banana: We will be doing CP for dinner, CM for breakfast and CRT for lunch. I agree with the poster who said if you want your kids to see the characters, it's much better than standing in line in the heat. I love buffets and think they are great for kids, so I think we will enjoy both our character buffets.

We have 3 our upcoming trip:
10/23...1900 Park Faire
10/26...LTT during MNSSHP
10/28..Garden Grill

We did 2 our last trip (Chef Mickeys & CRT) and loved them both!
It is %&%&$^# Disney, you know? I live in Chicago, I can spit and hit a great meal and I am a gourmet cook myself, so it's all about the kids & hugging characters!

Seriously, we went to Six Flags Great America on Monday and my DS hugged like 20 characters! We were also chosen for the parade and did a private meet n'greet with the Justice League. Although we are MAJOR comic book geeks and this was cool, my DH still turned to me (during the parade and LOUDLY) said, "It's just not Walt Disney World, is it???"

Go and enjoy your meals...I have found memories of a character meal 10 years ago at Disneyland when my DD was a toddler...my Father-in-Law, then 74, had tears in his eyes when the characters came out. The characters, to me, are a big part of the vacation experience!

If you've overdone it so have we!C.P H&V,LTT, Donald"s ,G>G> but we love buffets call us weird but we'll probably love themand the kids are really into the characters especially DGS. We have a few ala carte restaurants carefuuly chosen to include steak and mac & cheese or grilled cheese and that was not easy!!!!

Phalene said:
I have 5 planned for our 1 day visit in October. This will be my children's (5 and 2) first visit to WDW so I'm going all out.

Wow! That's a lot...but I'm sure you meant 10 days, LOL!

We are staying 10 nights, and and are on the free DDP. We have booked (and not for the first time) Chef Mickey's, Princess Storybook, Crystal Palace, Ohana's breakfast, and Park Fare. I would have booked CRT also, if it did not require 2 TS credits. I also have H&V FDP, Boma, Cape May, CR, and Teppanyaki. I am thrilled with the opportunity to eat at all these places on the DDP, but I am also prepared to gain a few pounds. I love buffets, because I like a little of this, a little of that. Unfortunately, I always stuff myself. I have been doing a small bit of exercise each weekday morning in anticipation of this huge "Eatfest". I figure that even if I had chosen a plated TS eatery for each dinner, I would still be stuffing myself to capacity anyway.
Just a note to the OP- even when we visited WDW without kids, we did at least 2 character meals each visit. Now, we take DD3 and do 3-4 character meals each trip!

If you our anything like me and my husband our family trip to WDW is for our daughter Aly- 2 1/2 princess:
We are at WDW for 5 nights/ 6 Days and are doing 7 character meals-
Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace, 1900 Fare, Disney Playhouse at Hollywood and Vine, Chef Mickeys and Cindrella Royal Table. Where else can you dine with characters but WDW. We are going to do it up right!!!!!!

For Mom and Dad we are also doing-50's Prime Time, LeCelliar, ESPN, Ohana , Boma,and Whispering Canyon.

Have fun and happy eats!!!!!!!

seven dwarfs said:
We are doing 5 in Sept during our 10 day. We love them. It is nice for us because the choices are beter for the kids. It gives them things to eat like us. I think it is all in what you like.

Amen to that.

Last year was our first family trip to WDW, and we chose buffets without knowing they were character meals. So it was an added treat. For my picky eaters, it saved us a lot of grief.

PeterPansMum said:
We'll be at WDW for 7 days and I have ADRs for 3 character meals... I'm debating adding another because we love Pooh and have done a meal with Pooh every trip. So, am I crazy??

TIA Cindy
Heck no your not crazy but I must be !We are going down next month and I have 7 planned!!
:banana:

Can you go overboard with character meals!!? :confused3

Last year we did

Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Park Fair
Chef Mickeys
Ohanas
Garden Grill

It didnt feel like it was overboard to me. :crazy:

ITS DISNEY!!

We always found food we liked...you can tell by our pics...lol

Well thanks to everyone who posted. Last time we did CRT, CP and garden grill ice cream social (BRING IT BACK!!) So I've scheduled a few more for this trip, but we like the characters so much! I'm gonna add CP and not feel guilty at all. :) Thanks again!
Cindy

PeterPansMum said:

TIA Cindy

I don't think so. We were on our first trip to WDW and we booked three character meals. It was very convenient as it was our first time there and it allowed my DDs to fill up their autograph books without suffering in the heat on line. I made sure to book three different types (Cinderella's Castle, Ohana's and Crystal Palace). We had our meals, they came to us, and best of all we were out of the heat and in the AC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter