Have AP voucher but cannot see Passholder rates

My question is...after purchasing an annual pass..how long do you actually have before it becomes invalid...that is...how long can you you buy it before you actually want to activate it and start visiting the parks. I really don't want to buy it too early in order to book room and then find out that there is a requirement to validate the pass within a certain time limit. (hope my question makes sense)

We just purchased a voucher for my DH and on ME it has an expiration date of December 31, 2030. Not being able to see the rates is a pain, but all you have to do is call in to Disney or contact a travel agent and have them check for you. I prefer to do it all myself, but lately it seems like Disney is making that more and more difficult. Have fun scheduling your trip!!

You don't have to change any settings on your work computer...just open Explorer and try InPrivate Browsing. Once the private window is opened, go to the WDW site in that window, log in and try to see the offers.

Per Google, since I'm a Chrome gal...
"To launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings > Safety > InPrivate Browsing. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P to launch it. Alternatively, you can right-click on the IE taskbar icon and select Start InPrivate Browsing."

Thanks so much. I will try these things too!

Hi..as of 2 days ago...my husband and I have just started considering buying an annual pass for our planned 2019 trip. I have been doing alot of research in last 2 days and have read that you can get access to the discount room rates before activating the actual annual pass...I have been reading people have been having the problems mentioned here, which sucks...I hope you work it out soon.

My question is...after purchasing an annual pass..how long do you actually have before it becomes invalid...that is...how long can you you buy it before you actually want to activate it and start visiting the parks. I really don't want to buy it too early in order to book room and then find out that there is a requirement to validate the pass within a certain time limit. (hope my question makes sense)

My voucher says it expires in 2030 so I think you have plenty of time to use it lol

Just wanted to verify that you can view and book Annual Passholder rates and deals with only the Annual Pass voucher...it does not need to be activated first. You just need to ensure that you have properly linked it to your My Disney Experience account and it's been properly assigned to you.

As an added benefit, you will find that having the voucher linked to your account (again, even when not activated) will allow you to take advantage of your Annual Passholder purchases through the Shop Disney Parks app which is a nice little hidden perk.

As the prior posters had indicated, current Annual Pass vouchers would expire on December 31, 2030.

I have an active AP. Most of the time I can't view the AP discounts online. Sometimes have better luck with IE (usually use Firefox browser). Its annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts