Has "The World" gone mad??

Sounds like a glitch to me. Sometimes I'll see something like this or see no availability even when I know there is. Usually if I open a private browsing window and try again, everything works. If you try that and it doesn't work, this is one of those times when I would recommend calling Disney. Usually I avoid calling Disney because of waiting on hold forever, but $10,000 for standard at WL is just crazy! I'd call.

That doesn't sound right. There are 5 of us who will be arriving at the Polynesian (CL at that), along with tickets, AIRFARE and food and we are at considerably less than $10k for 9 nights.

I don't think that's right. We stayed Club Level in May and room + tickets for 2 adults was $3500 for 5 nights. There's no way a standard room for a week in Sept. is $10,000.

Call them. The most expensive room rate for that time is 635 a night. That equates to 3800 dollars for 6 nights. Something is wrong with the web site if you got quoted 10 grand.

Maybe contact a travel agent to get a quote for you. You could provide them with the dates and a couple of hotels to look at so you didn't have to worry about the glitchy website. You could even tell them what your max budget is to that they can find something that works for you and be up to date on any available discounts. Good luck. Hope you find something that isn't the price of a nice used car!

$10,000 divided by 7 is over $1,400 per night. That's SO illogical that one can't even consider a response to it other than "its wrong".

I've been a computer geek my whole working life and before - since the 70s. And yet I never make hotel reservations of any sort online. I have no idea why it's so, but you simply do not get correct info very often.

To go along with what others said - my son went on line looking for prices for next summer at the Swan. The site said nothing was available in July. June was crazy expensive - August too. But how could July 2018 be sold out already?

Simple answer - it can't. So I called. And they are not taking reservations that far out yet.

Now why couldn't the website say THAT instead? And why the prices for June and August if they aren't taking reservations for those dates?

Simple answer - who cares? I talked to a very friendly and helpful person (the two do not necessarily go hand in hand BTW) and she advised calling back in October. (Emphasis on the word CALLING back.)

I've always found that talking to someone who gets the idea this is a special event and not just getting a bed somewhere is actually part of the experience. Planning the trip should be EXCITING - it seems the reservations staffs at WDW (and other resorts I've stayed at) get that.

Hopefully you'll post back and let us know what happens.

$10,000 divided by 7 is over $1,400 per night. That's SO illogical that one can't even consider a response to it other than "its wrong".

I've been a computer geek my whole working life and before - since the 70s. And yet I never make hotel reservations of any sort online. I have no idea why it's so, but you simply do not get correct info very often.

To go along with what others said - my son went on line looking for prices for next summer at the Swan. The site said nothing was available in July. June was crazy expensive - August too. But how could July 2018 be sold out already?

Simple answer - it can't. So I called. And they are not taking reservations that far out yet.

Now why couldn't the website say THAT instead? And why the prices for June and August if they aren't taking reservations for those dates?

Simple answer - who cares? I talked to a very friendly and helpful person (the two do not necessarily go hand in hand BTW) and she advised calling back in October. (Emphasis on the word CALLING back.)

I've always found that talking to someone who gets the idea this is a special event and not just getting a bed somewhere is actually part of the experience. Planning the trip should be EXCITING - it seems the reservations staffs at WDW (and other resorts I've stayed at) get that.

Hopefully you'll post back and let us know what happens.

Except for the fact that, sometimes, WDW CM's don't price out trips correctly and sometimes you actually get outsourced agents who have no clue what they are talking about. I always price out trips online prior to calling so I have something to reference in case we aren't coming up with the same numbers. Plus, with Disney's notorious hold times, I try to avoid calling altogether.

Also, hopefully you aren't trying to book the Swan through WDW? If you are calling the Swan directly (and I hope you are), I agree, you will be talking to agents who are, typically, much more knowledgeable about their product than many WDW CM's are. I'm not trying to bask all WDW phone CM's, but you will run into some who aren't very well trained.

Even the AP rates were crazy-high when I looked earlier today. For 8 nights in December (not Xmas week), for example, the Poly was over $1,000/night for 2 adults, no kids, no tickets, no nothing else. Just the room. The after-tax price was over $9,000. WL was showing a rate before taxes of $1,100+/night for the same week, although when I clicked thru (out of curiosity) no rooms were listed as available. Needless to say, I didn't book either of these! And in fact kept my BB rate from last year, which was much cheaper than any AP rate I saw for the same week.

Except for the fact that, sometimes, WDW CM's don't price out trips correctly and sometimes you actually get outsourced agents who have no clue what they are talking about. I always price out trips online prior to calling so I have something to reference in case we aren't coming up with the same numbers. Plus, with Disney's notorious hold times, I try to avoid calling altogether.

Also, hopefully you aren't trying to book the Swan through WDW? If you are calling the Swan directly (and I hope you are), I agree, you will be talking to agents who are, typically, much more knowledgeable about their product than many WDW CM's are. I'm not trying to bask all WDW phone CM's, but you will run into some who aren't very well trained.

Excellent point. I'm kind of "out of practice" in mixing Swan and WDW CMs. Yes - I called the Swan directly (I even "old school" call the Florida number rather than the 800 number - though I realize they likely go to the same place. What I DON'T want is getting a Starwood agent - that's happened before and I either call right back or wait until mid morning.)

Pricing out online is a good idea in theory - but wow, given all the posts here I get the idea that it can be somewhat counter-productive.

I had that happen to me once before I realized it had doubled my reservation and I was booking two vacations.

Excellent point. I'm kind of "out of practice" in mixing Swan and WDW CMs. Yes - I called the Swan directly (I even "old school" call the Florida number rather than the 800 number - though I realize they likely go to the same place. What I DON'T want is getting a Starwood agent - that's happened before and I either call right back or wait until mid morning.)

Pricing out online is a good idea in theory - but wow, given all the posts here I get the idea that it can be somewhat counter-productive.

Yes, that's EXACTLY how you book the Swan!!! LOL! At least that is how I do it. Yes, I do price it out on their site first (to see what the SPG rates are), but sometimes they have resort specific discounts you can't find online and, with Swan, Dolphin, sometimes you can stack them. So, yes, calling the Swan directly is the way to go!!!

No way! I got GF 10 nights 13-23 DEC WITH international transatlantic flights AND DXDP for £10k Which is $12940

I have seen hotels that are 1500 a night but never in Orlando and never in Florida. Its a mistake. Just checked and a 2 bedroom suite does not even cost that much. It was 8000 something including tix

I have seen hotels that are 1500 a night but never in Orlando and never in Florida. Its a mistake. Just checked and a 2 bedroom suite does not even cost that much. It was 8000 something including tix

Ok, now price out 7 nights in a Poly bungalow - that will get you over the $10,000! But at WL? You would have to be looking at one of the new CC cabins for a week to get over $10K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!