Has Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk become a credit card only place now?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I read on Yelp that when you visit Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk now if you want to play the games or buy food they now take credit cards instead of cash and I would like to know if this is a new policy they have now? When I used to go to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk you could buy food and play the games easily with cash but now that they have this new policy I wonder if this has been effecting Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's business
Has anyone heard about this?

We were there on a weekday this summer and I believe that was the case. It was so ridiculously crowded that we hardly rode anything. They really need to implement a fast pass system.

We were there last July and most everything was credit card only for us. Was irritating because I couldn't just give DD cash to let her go get in line on her own to get a snack. Saw it causing a lot of issues with kids.

I think this new credit card system policy will hurt Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's business because when you want to buy food or play games Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk should give you two options of paying with credit card or the choice of cash. My family used to visit Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk every Easter but we quit when it went downhill and I think the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk will raise the prices for it's ride ticket wristbands next because to me this is an odd policy they have started now

FYI We set up apple pay on our kid's phone. We can transfer him limited amounts of $ and it seems to be accepted everywhere. (He kept running into no cash situations.) I also like it as he is less likely to loose his phone than cash!

My mom and I were discussing this topic with my father yesterday and I think Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk should have a ticket system that enables guests to buy tickets for rides easily and I cannot figure out why in the world Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is letting guests use credit cards to play the games rather than use cash because this seems like a awkward new system they have now. And my dad thinks that Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk will most likely lose visitors and go broke in a few years due to this new system

Their website indicates that they accept cash for ticket booths. Do they have equipment to convert cash? I've seen that at some theme parks that stopped accepting cash around the time of COVID-19.

I was there on a weekend last December. Didn't go on any rides, but it was a really nice day and it was about as crowded as I've seen on summer weekends.

Yes, they have kiosks where you can convert cash to their MyBoardwalk cards, which you can use for games, food, etc.

SFDK and CGA are also cashless parks (or were when we last visited them). It's one of the reasons I got DS15 and DD12 debit cards in the first place, was that so many places were cashless. They both have them set up to apple pay on their phones as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter