Has anyone started your taxes yet?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
i just labeled a file folder “Taxes 2017”

Yep, that’s as far as I’ve gotten.

I know it has to get done but I’m in denial. How about you?? Anyone have any great ideas to get motivated??

I'm normally much further along by now, but I didn't try to guess what our W-2s would look like this year, so I'm waiting until they actually come in. We'll probably spend the first weekend in February dealing with this, at least to the point where we determine if we owe or are owed. (If we owe, then we'll defer the rest of the work to early April.)

We have an appointment with our accountant February 12th, farming didn’t make money this year so we should get a refund.

No paperwork has arrived yet.
We leave for vacation Friday, so it all waits until Feb at least

We started gathering some of our info, but since we don't have are W-2's yet, it's not like we can get very far.

Started my taxes back in...late November/early December and then proceeded to procrastinate.
Time to get off the hiney.

Not yet. Here employers have until February 28 to produce the necessary documents (called T-4’s). Hoping to see ours early though because I’m taking a vacation with the refund and will book it the second we’ve calculated how much we’re getting back.

Waiting for some documents and like every year probably will scramble to get them done the day before the filing deadline

Nope. Not till late March at the earliest. We have to wait till after dh’s business taxes are filed before we can file.

Tax documents don't even have to be available until January 31st. Last year my W-2 wasn't even available online until then, and the hard copy mailed then.

Tax documents don't even have to be available until January 31st. Last year my W-2 wasn't even available online until then, and the hard copy mailed then.

Brokerage accounts have until Feb 15 to get documents out.

Can't. Haven't gotten any of our forms yet. They probably won't arrive until late january or early february. Last year it was late february before we got everything.

I have started a file folder, but we have some Partnership K-1's that we will not get until mid-March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter