has anyone recorded the disney tip channel at DVC resort?

jc

Earning My Ears
we tried recording it on our last trip but it didn't work. Can you record on the VCR's in the villas? My husband loves the Disney hotel channel that has the "Tip for Today" and would love to record it.

I record a new one each trip.. I record ALL of the disney info channels! They used to have one called "Your next vacation" that included great descriptions of the resorts and upcommign events!

I do have a hard time getting the VCRs to work.. those remotes don't work exactly right... I guess they have become lost over the years. I always record just a few mins, then play it back to make sure I have it set up right.

Here's a few tips.. make sure the TV is on Channel 3.. press VCR on the remote and then change the channels to make sure you are recording the correct one. Sometimes, I have to physically enter the channels because they are not set up to "scan" with the channel up or down button. When you are watching the right channel.. then press record. You may also check that the TV/VCR button is switched to VCR.. that make the TV channel 3 show what is on the VCR tuner. I know this is complicated.. but it sure is worth it on a gloomy day at home to hear that "Tip for Today"!

by the way, I call this my Disney "Propoganda tape" and it is a great to recopy that and give along with the most recent Disney planning video to friends who have asked for tips for an upcomming trip.. they appreciate my addiction then : )

Yeah, we taped all the info channels last December when we were down, and will make a new tape this December since the new parades and shows should be featured in it. It's great to put in the VCR when you need a quick Disney fix; I can almost imagine I'm there (at least, until I look out the window and it's still Minnesota:D )...

I've done the same thing! I have to watch it on the sly, tho. Otherwise my dh will think I've totally gone nutso! It is so comforting!

As a matter of fact I was just watching a tape of the WDW Info Channel last weekend. I am trying to finalize a group vacation and I needed a couple ideas on other things to add to our itinerary. The tape really helped me out.

I did it on my first DVC trip last year at OKW. I noticed when we took a tour of the WLV model earlier this year at BW that they only had a video player, not a recorder (you can see they are smaller). I questioned the guide and she wasn't sure if the actual units had recorders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter