Has anyone recently watched Avatar?

robndani

DIS Veteran
I'm watching it now - haven't seen it since it was in the theaters. I didn't like it the first time, but I like it now that Pandora is opening!

Anyone else like it more now than they did the first time?

Well, I LOVED it the first time, so I don't know that I am apt to like it better. I was going to watch it this month so I can feel a little of the excitement of the Pandora opening. I won't be able to get there until October though.

They've been airing it a ton on cable, though I forget what channel. I absolutely adored it when I saw it in the theater, but I have to admit that I had my doubts when I rewatched...I didn't know how it would fit into the AK scheme of things. But now that it's seen photos of Pandora online, I am really excited because it looks gorgeous. I wish we had a trip planned for the near future!

Well, I LOVED it the first time, so I don't know that I am apt to like it better. I was going to watch it this month so I can feel a little of the excitement of the Pandora opening. I won't be able to get there until October though.

We aren't going until November!

They've been airing it a ton on cable, though I forget what channel. I absolutely adored it when I saw it in the theater, but I have to admit that I had my doubts when I rewatched...I didn't know how it would fit into the AK scheme of things. But now that it's seen photos of Pandora online, I am really excited because it looks gorgeous. I wish we had a trip planned for the near future!

My kids and I kept pausing it and looking at pictures of AK to compare and we were really impressed!

I loved it the first time but I found myself enjoying it less on later viewings.

I watched it the first time a few nights ago because of our upcoming trip.

It's... okay.

Look, I will say that it is incredibly pretty and I still think after all these years the CGI surprisingly holds up, but it is literally watching Pocahontas from John Smiths perspective. I thought people were joking about how similar they were. I was grossly mistaken.

In fact, I was singing the songs from Pocahontas depending on the scene.

Loved it the first time we saw it and then saw it a further two times at the cinema!

Own it on 3D DVD and still enjoy repeat viewings now!

I might be a bit bias towards my excitement for Pandora!

I have and it looks spectacular still on a high def TV on blu-ray, but it's a bit overrated, personally.

I barely remembered it from the past so I rewatched it and DS got to see it for the first time. I liked it better the second time but that sentiment is definitely colored by excitement to visit Pandora ☺️

Didn't watch it the first time around and the wife suggested we do so before a trip this fall. We're in the middle of it. Don't like it at all. I think maybe George Lucas wrote some of the script.

I didn't see the film for the first time until 2014. I wasn't that impressed. As it relates to Pandora, my faith rests with the talents of the Imagineers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!