Has anyone met their match on this site?

DH and I met on this board, back in the SSC days. It was a great thread with great people, some of them we still keep in contact with. :) I actually haven't been on this board in a really long time, but we just returned home after a trip across the pond, and the jet lag is kicking my butt, so I found my way here, and I was surprised to see some familiar names. ( IT is almost 3am.)
:(

Hey Brock.......How are you? Did you ever join FB???? If you did I would love to find you! We talk about you, and your parents often.
BTW, The five year pictures of our party just came up in my FB memories.

Hey, I remember you! I hope all is well. :)
I remember you as well! Things are good here, hope you guys are still enjoying Europe and all is well there :)

I met my current partner on this site earlier this year. It all happened very randomly--in May the relationship I had been in for the better part of six years ended, and the break-up and aftermath were not exactly free of stress. I shifted a bit of my daily focus to my November WDW trip and a last minute DL trip planned for the first week of July, that I justified as necessary for the stress relief it would provide. Due to these trips I was spending more time here on these forums vacation planning, and one day while doing so read an upcoming trip report for someone who would be attending WDW a month after my November WDW trip and DL a week after my July trip. In reading I also discovered that he was a cast member who worked in my town (I am from the home of ESPN) and also lived locally. I replied to his trip report a couple times with general advice and then started a conversation with him a couple weeks later. We have talked everyday since. At first it was general stuff about both of our DL trips which progressed to general conversation when our DL trips were over.

When we first started talking it was never my intention for this to be more than a friendship. I had planned to stay single for some time and process my last relationship, and our conversations stayed platonic and focused mostly on Disney vacation planning to reflect that. When both our DL trips ended, we continued to write to each other daily. I decided to invite him out for a drink, and we've been seeing each other as frequently as possible since then.

To be honest, half of the reason I am posting this is because I know he reads this forum pretty frequently, and want to see how long it takes him to see this and text me or respond here in response. But also, I'd be lying if I didn't say it's been quite the ride these past few months. I have unexpectedly found myself stupidly happy spending time with another person who has turned out to be compatible in various ways beyond just understanding my love of Disney vacations. We are currently planning our first WDW trip together in February, and I can honestly say I am looking more forward to experiencing Disney with him than I am just generally being able to go again. I won't lie and say it isn't great that we are planning vacations together now, but I can honestly say I would be just as happy hanging out with him and his cats watching Netflix (to be fair, he has super awesome cats).

So yeah, that is about as mushy as I get. Even though I wasn't seeking it, it seems I've met my match. Let's see how long it takes him to notice this, and how embarrassed he gets :tongue:.

I met my current partner on this site earlier this year. It all happened very randomly--in May the relationship I had been in for the better part of six years ended, and the break-up and aftermath were not exactly free of stress. I shifted a bit of my daily focus to my November WDW trip and a last minute DL trip planned for the first week of July, that I justified as necessary for the stress relief it would provide. Due to these trips I was spending more time here on these forums vacation planning, and one day while doing so read an upcoming trip report for someone who would be attending WDW a month after my November WDW trip and DL a week after my July trip. In reading I also discovered that he was a cast member who worked in my town (I am from the home of ESPN) and also lived locally. I replied to his trip report a couple times with general advice and then started a conversation with him a couple weeks later. We have talked everyday since. At first it was general stuff about both of our DL trips which progressed to general conversation when our DL trips were over.

When we first started talking it was never my intention for this to be more than a friendship. I had planned to stay single for some time and process my last relationship, and our conversations stayed platonic and focused mostly on Disney vacation planning to reflect that. When both our DL trips ended, we continued to write to each other daily. I decided to invite him out for a drink, and we've been seeing each other as frequently as possible since then.

To be honest, half of the reason I am posting this is because I know he reads this forum pretty frequently, and want to see how long it takes him to see this and text me or respond here in response. But also, I'd be lying if I didn't say it's been quite the ride these past few months. I have unexpectedly found myself stupidly happy spending time with another person who has turned out to be compatible in various ways beyond just understanding my love of Disney vacations. We are currently planning our first WDW trip together in February, and I can honestly say I am looking more forward to experiencing Disney with him than I am just generally being able to go again. I won't lie and say it isn't great that we are planning vacations together now, but I can honestly say I would be just as happy hanging out with him and his cats watching Netflix (to be fair, he has super awesome cats).

So yeah, that is about as mushy as I get. Even though I wasn't seeking it, it seems I've met my match. Let's see how long it takes him to notice this, and how embarrassed he gets :tongue:.
Thanks for sharing. Love your story!

I'm still fairly new to this message board and still kind of looking around. I'm noticing a lot of people talking about meeting others members and I was just curious if anyone ended up finding their perfect match from this site.

Hi DWD,

I was curious too so I posted something like this early this month and got a couple of responses. Have you had any luck finding someone? I've been told to just wait and not push it and I've also been told to get out and look for it. But honestly I don't want to be anywhere but Disney lol. I'm not the type of person to go out, I like staying at home, unless I'm at the parks. Plus, I'm planning on moving to Central Florida in a couple of years so I guess I can wait.

I'm 41 but luckily don't have any kids yet. I guess that's a plus for me. Well, good luck to you. You're princess will come around the corner soon princess:

Try being 63 and single..lol! Not looking....letting the universe guide me. If im meant to be alone i may as well make the best of it! Going with family in Feb. After that who knows, im open.

Try being 63 and single..lol! Not looking....letting the universe guide me. If im meant to be alone i may as well make the best of it! Going with family in Feb. After that who knows, im open.

well, I will be in the "60's club" in a few months. And single. And figured I would give mousemingle.com a chance, because I reckon if a guy is a WDW fan, he just can't be like some of the crazies on other dating sites! lol

well, I will be in the "60's club" in a few months. And single. And figured I would give mousemingle.com a chance, because I reckon if a guy is a WDW fan, he just can't be like some of the crazies on other dating sites! lol
What is mouse mingle.com? I'm always looking for something new. I have been on dating sites in the past and met a few nice people, it's just they are all too far away.

What is mouse mingle.com? I'm always looking for something new. I have been on dating sites in the past and met a few nice people, it's just they are all too far away.

It's another dating site lol and I haven't subscribed - as you say, everyone is so far away

I haven't tried to meet anyone but if I ever do date again they better like Orlando/Disney. Otherwise it would be a no-go.

Last edited:
I haven't tried to meet anyone but if I ever do data again they better like Orlando/Disney. Otherwise it would be a no-go.
Exactly! I'm not trying right now...going to let fate be my guide, it could be the best plan I've ever had...LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!