Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

View attachment 265090[/[/QUOTE]
This is the magic band we made for my DH. We always try to give him unique magic bands. Plus he loved when he was picked by Roz to be "That Guy". These pictures were also taken after we got back from a 2 week Disney trip. So it held up wonderfully. No base coat - nail polish - then a matte acrylic spray sealer.

Out of curiosity......did you wear these in the pools?

Very cool! I've never seen printable fabric - did you use it with a regular inkjet printer? Any particular brand you like best? I could think of lots of ways to use that!

It is used just like regular paper in an inkjet printer. Then you soak it in water to get it to fabric texture instead of the stiff paper-like quality it starts off as. I believe I used Avery brand.

So cute! I would love to hear how these hold up - they look just perfect.

Thank you :) I will try to post an update when I get back. I've done vinyl a few times and I've found that small, pointy areas tend to lift. Especially when layered on top of other vinyl. Most of the time I didn't have any trouble.

It is used just like regular paper in an inkjet printer. Then you soak it in water to get it to fabric texture instead of the stiff paper-like quality it starts off as. I believe I used Avery brand.

So COOL! I am going to look for this!

@DisneyFansInNYC, simply gorgeous bands, what an artist you are.

Thank you but it is not me - the artist is my DD. She painted 12 of the 14 magic bands. I did my 2 but only from watching her for hours and asking for her to fix my mistakes. :flower: We love this part of our Disney trip so much.
Thanks again!

Wow...what did u use? Beautiful.

Thank you for the post. Our DD loves the feedback. We used nail polish. We used Migi nail set or nail polish pens. We have 30 of these pens - all different colors. Also we used a Shany nail art set. These are thin brush nail polish. If we needed other colors we used thin paint brushes. We did not use a base coat at all and used a matte acrylic spray on top - about 2 coats done several hours apart. If we made a mistake - strangely enough using clear nail polish along with nail polish remover the mistake went completely away. Thanks again!

Has anyone used decals to decorate with? I want to make my husband a Patriot's mb. I found a decal with the Pat's logo but I'm not sure what I should use to adhere it? Nail polish or E6000? The decal is plastic coated. :thumbsup2

Has anyone used decals to decorate with? I want to make my husband a Patriot's mb. I found a decal with the Pat's logo but I'm not sure what I should use to adhere it? Nail polish or E6000? The decal is plastic coated. :thumbsup2

I've tried adhering things with E6000 but have just had better luck with clear nail polish. What I've done more with the E6000 is use it to create texture on the bands and then coat with colored nail polish. The E6000 itself stays on well, just hasn't held things quite as well in my experience. Or else use nail polish for a good coating afterwards.

I wish I had her talent - she doesn't get how talented she is. We got so many compliments in Disney. We use Migi Nail pens and the Shany Nail Art set - look them up. They are very very thin - when we need other colors we use thin brushes. We have a large container to hold all of the nail polish for magic bands. We also use the Migi Nail pens for making Mickey heads and other Disney designs on our toes and fingernails. Thank you for your post - I will show my daughter. She loves the feedback. She has an instagram just set up for her decorated magic bands. Also when she is there she takes a picture of the magic band all over Disney. This is the one she took of my Poly magic band in the Poly lobby. It is fun.

View attachment 265090

Your daughter did a fantastic job. Can you share her magic band instagram? You can pm me if you want.

I'm going to try and do a banchee on mine, and will practice on a pair of old crocs...love the suggestion. But it's a ways off, February, but will post when done.

So, my husband complains that there are gray magic bands, and he really just wants a black one. So my plan is to paint it before we go.

Any suggestions on what to use? Paint, nail polish?

Also, should I seal it with something? Any recommendations would be great!

So, my husband complains that there are gray magic bands, and he really just wants a black one. So my plan is to paint it before we go.

Any suggestions on what to use? Paint, nail polish?

Also, should I seal it with something? Any recommendations would be great!

We use nail polish on ours - but we do not put a base coat of paint or clear anymore. We find the more the layers the more it cracks. We just decorate ours with nail polish and spray it with a matte acrylic spray sealer. We decorated about 14 bands for our last trip a few weeks ago and no cracks at all.

So whatever you do - do not paint that many layers.

I hope someone else will answer that paints the whole band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!