Has anyone booked a package with the new Disney Visa?

Nathan's Grandma

Disney Dreams
I was going to look into booking with our Disney Visa, but I am not sure if it a good deal or not? We have our passes already but could use them for another trip later?

Any help would be appreciated?

Kathy

I have. DH, DS4, DS2 and I are going on the 21th for 4 nights at Poly concierge. Based on my calculation, I think we are paying approximately $300 a night. We went the week before last Xmas and stayed at Sugar Loaf (Concierge Lite), GF for about $250 a night. We booked that trip through American Air. The difference in season--value vs. regular--probably explains the $50 difference.

My guess is had we booked through AA again, we would have paid about $300 as well. I don't think Dismey Visa offers the best bargain. I do believe, however, the discount offers come out for the cardholders before they get released for the general public. So if you are going to buy a package anyway, using disney card may get you wider choices in resort selection. Would I use Disney Visa again? I'm not sure.

We are talking about going again in November, so it might have been better to have gotten APs. Then, we hadn't planned on this trip at all. My DS2 asks his father one day in March if we can go to Disney World, and my DH says yes. DS2 then goes to his room, packs his toys in a shopping bag, puts his Mickey ear hat on, and waits by the door! DH got on the phone with Disney Travel that instant.

I called on the AKL and did the math and we are not going to go through Disney Visa. On the 1st day and the 7th day we are not going to any parks. Of the eight of us only two really want the other parks and two want to go to World of Sports.

With our Disney Club we have a couple of coupons for Pleasure Island.

It was less than the packages online but not that much.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter