Has anyone actually been told AT wdw AT a ts place ... no sharing??

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
This is the question of the moment.

Has anyone come back from WDW and said they tried to share on the DDP and said they were told no?

This is what I would like to know.

WDWO

I too am very curious to hear from those who are in Disney now, in the coming months, and during "Free Dining" to see how everything plays out.

If there are no real changes implemented AT WDW, it would not be the first time that we DISser have gotten all riled up for no good reason.

I can't see them telling you at a restaurant that you HAVE to order, or pay anyway that just doesn't seem right. I think if that's the case it should be printed in the brochure.

BethR said:
I too am very curious to hear from those who are in Disney now, in the coming months, and during "Free Dining" to see how everything plays out.

If there are no real changes implemented AT WDW, it would not be the first time that we DISser have gotten all riled up for no good reason.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Nooooooooooooooooooo, Do we do THAT??!! :rotfl:

Good one, Beth!

Mom of Sleepy said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Nooooooooooooooooooo, Do we do THAT??!! :rotfl:

Well, maybe it was the folks over at Intercot. I can't remember - but I know that it was SOME HUGE Disney Discussion Board site!!! ;)

I still don't see how they can say no, but in an email they did. I've already purchased DDE so should be able to get that discount and then utilize DDP as it works for me, still rings up quite a bill so don't see how I'm cheating but, whatever, accepting it. The plan of using 2 TS credits for two adults to share that food, order additional food and drinks and kids meals using DDE discount was rejected. Since this was a sig restaurant I was asking about also chose another example for using 2 TS credits for adults and buying kids meals OOP with DDE. I was sure this would be allowed, I paid for DDE and should be able to use this when I want but they said I could not pay for my kids seperately. Everyone should do their own emailing and then, if get an answer they don't like, complain about it. I really don't think making the child/adult credit distinction is that hard, they must not want to do it. Maybe they don't want people taking up table space saying they are just here to use child credits because all out of adult credits. Servers would get burned by small bill. If you make (encourage) everyone to order all they can b/c no sharing allowed, servers make great tips and there are more openings in the restaurants as people are not able to stretch the TS credits into more meals.

ReallyFunMom said:
I still don't see how they can say no, but in an email they did. I've already purchased DDE so should be able to get that discount and then utilize DDP as it works for me, still rings up quite a bill so don't see how I'm cheating but, whatever, accepting it. The plan of using 2 TS credits for two adults to share that food, order additional food and drinks and kids meals using DDE discount was rejected. Since this was a sig restaurant I was asking about also chose another example for using 2 TS credits for adults and buying kids meals OOP with DDE. I was sure this would be allowed, I paid for DDE and should be able to use this when I want but they said I could not pay for my kids seperately. Everyone should do their own emailing and then, if get an answer they don't like, complain about it. I really don't think making the child/adult credit distinction is that hard, they must not want to do it. Maybe they don't want people taking up table space saying they are just here to use child credits because all out of adult credits. Servers would get burned by small bill. If you make (encourage) everyone to order all they can b/c no sharing allowed, servers make great tips and there are more openings in the restaurants as people are not able to stretch the TS credits into more meals.

I think you were asking to pay OOP for CHILD meals and that is raising a red flag now!

I got an e-mail saying that you would only be charged for the # of meals ordered when I asked about sharing.

Who knows.

I'm wondering if the real issue is the Child credits. I wonder if someone had 4A and asked the same question what the answer would be.

The more I read the more I see that they are trying to keep people from using C credits for A meals and the "Easiest" way of doing this is to require everyone to order ... thus forcing the child to order meals with his or her credits.

I truly think that is the issue.

I would much rather them seperate it ... or put each individuals meals on his / her KTTWC than limit sharing between Adults on Adult meals.

I don't go until September so I am anxious to see how this all plays out by then.

I like the DDP regarless of the sharing issue ... if we can't share at TS when we go I will just pay OOP for some meals entirely.

WDWO

There was a post from someone who wanted to share at B&C, and was told that 2 credits would be taken off anyway.

I'll see if I can find it......

ETA: Found the post - the person then posted that they later went back & spoke to a manager & was told that the CM had been mistaken. This was posted before all of the no sharing discussions started.

I think that is what is so funny about this board. NO ONE has been denied sharing yet, NO ONE has been charged 2 credits (other than a mistake made by a CM that was taken care of) yet everyone is already bent out of shape about it? Talk about taking a rumor and running with it! Urban legend central could live on this board!

Until we have it confirmed by several recent guests that this happened to them, I think we're all wasting our time debating it. It's a moot issue until then!

wdwobsessed said:
I think you were asking to pay OOP for CHILD meals and that is raising a red flag now!

I got an e-mail saying that you would only be charged for the # of meals ordered when I asked about sharing.

Who knows.

I'm wondering if the real issue is the Child credits. I wonder if someone had 4A and asked the same question what the answer would be.

The more I read the more I see that they are trying to keep people from using C credits for A meals and the "Easiest" way of doing this is to require everyone to order ... thus forcing the child to order meals with his or her credits.

I truly think that is the issue.

I would much rather them seperate it ... or put each individuals meals on his / her KTTWC than limit sharing between Adults on Adult meals.

I don't go until September so I am anxious to see how this all plays out by then.

I like the DDP regarless of the sharing issue ... if we can't share at TS when we go I will just pay OOP for some meals entirely.

WDWO
I just sent an e-mail asking about the four adults thing--we leave on Saturday and DD is kind of sick--she's been running a high fever (103) since Friday (yes I've had her to the DR, etc) and I am concerned that her appetite may not be ready to eat too much the first few days and if that is the case I will pay OOP for soup and a drink and save the credits to be used later in the trip. Since we are all "adults" I dont' think this will be a problem, but there is no way I will use an adult credit for her to have soup and tea. It drives me buggy that flexibility has been ruined for those using the plan in the spirit which it was intended because so many others abused it.

Until we have it confirmed by several recent guests that this happened to them, I think we're all wasting our time debating it. It's a moot issue until then!

But then we would have to go back to work, or clean the house, or feed the kids. ;)

It seems to me recently I saw a few Dining Reviews that said they not only were they allowed to share but that the meal was split in half and served on separate plates, like each plate 1/2 burger and a half order of fries. I bet there are CMs who will say you can't share and not let it happen. I can't recall, however, reading a post that specifially said "we went to such and such TS and asked if we could share and were told no because of everyone on the dining plan has to use a credit at the meal."

We were in WDW last week and had no trouble with the kids sharing a meal at Sci-Fi Dine-In. DS(11) and DD shared a plate of BBQ ribs, their appetizer of onion rings and DD ate DH's dessert.

I'm going with 4 adults and they want to go to Polynesian revue 2 credits. then share 3 dinners for 4 people for the next few days to make up for the lost credits. Will this be allowed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter