Has anybody from UK ever rented out thier dvc points before?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi,
I'm curious to find out other peoples experiences of renting out points.

I've seen the DVC renting board and also on there Davids DVC rentals .

We've been dvc members since 1999 and are new to the process of renting.

I'd love to hear about any experiences - how you went about it - any advice good or bad.

Thanks
Helen x:flower3:

We've had experiences both as rentor and rentee and have found it to be straight-forward, but a lot of trust is required on both sides of the equation and there are no guarantees.

Last time we rented out points we asked for half the payment before making the booking, then the remainder as soon as we forwarded the email confirmation. That must be quite a nerve-wracking proposition for the person renting the points, so you need to be prepared to answer lots of questions and potentially make lots of calls to Member Services between the time of booking and the reservation date.

we rented some points last year. it was all pretty easy. I did have to make a lot of calls to MS though.
The worst part was getting a call from our renter. they booked akv and hated it when they arrived :scared1:
they called me to see if I could get them switched but there was nothing available. I know it wasn't my fault but I felt bad for them.

we also transferred some of our points to another member which was much more straight forward and if I was in the position again i would look at transferring rather than renting. we asked for payment up front and no one had a problem in doing that.

HTH x

We have recently used David's Vacation Club Rentals to rent out our points and found the whole thing to be very easy indeed.
David (or his staff) do all the hard work finding someone to rent the points and checking that the resort is available. All you do is ring up to make the booking.

I guess you could get a little more by doing it yourself (you get $10 per point through David), but you could potentially have a lot more work to do.

Kev

We have recently used David's Vacation Club Rentals to rent out our points and found the whole thing to be very easy indeed.
David (or his staff) do all the hard work finding someone to rent the points and checking that the resort is available. All you do is ring up to make the booking.

I guess you could get a little more by doing it yourself (you get $10 per point through David), but you could potentially have a lot more work to do.

Kev

That price isn't bad since many people are also trying to rent their points for $10-11 (there are some apparently successfully renting at $13/pp) but I have, so far, been able to find people willing to rent at $10/pp.

How do you contact David? I will probably need to rent out points for a couple of years due to a change in circumstances :(

Thanks

How do you contact David? I will probably need to rent out points for a couple of years due to a change in circumstances :(

Thanks

Hi Phil

Go to the DVC Rent/Trade board. Click on the sticky (I think it's the 5th one down) that says ' DVC Point Rentals from Disney Vacation Club Members - DVCrequest.com '. It should tell you all about it there.

Kev

We used David's rental as well and found it really easy and all ours were rented within a week. We got paid promptly through paypal 50% when the booking is confirmed and 50% on check in.

Hi just wanted to thank everyone for the advice. We went ahead and rented our banked points out with Davids dvc rental. Found the process really simple and received money very promptly .

In fact it went so well we rented our 2012 points out too.

Another recommendation for David's rentals..we rented our 2011/2012 points out due to having to change plans ..family emergency and foundit very easy and excellent service throughout .
Would use again if we needed or wanted to :)

Just rented out points to a DIS member in Mass USA. Received $11 per point which I felt was fair with payment via Paypal. I have done this a couple of times before with no problems.

I did enquire through David's Rentals initially as a hassle free $10 per point was quite attractive but was told by them that there was a surplus of available points compared to renters and they would only advertise them at $6 per point:eek:

I thought this was poor service. It felt like an attempt to get cheap points for their site & I wasn't going to play. If you are offered the $10 per point I would definately consider it but personally anything less is a bit of an insult.

I would also like to give a very big thumbs up for David's Vacation Club Rentals :thumbsup2 It was very easy and hassle free, and a fair price into the bargain. Would definately use again :lovestruc

I had 120 points that I could not use as I had borrowed them for next years use year for a trip in december which we had to cancel and the points had to be used by the end of January 2013. I rented these out to three seperate parties - two parties agreed to $11 and the third party negotiated a $10 deal. They payments were split in two with 50% paid after the reservation was made and the final payments 60 days prior to checkin.

It has been completely pain free and the reservations are made in the parties lead name so I am not involved. One tip though for anyone thinking of doing this and being paid by Paypal. Their charges can be avoided by having the payment made as a gift

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter