Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Being on a tight budget, if we do not buy the park to park pass, can we still at least get close to the train to see the outside since we won't be able to ride it?

Without spoiling much, that just won't work. The whole part of getting "to" the train is an experience, and it requires a park-to-park pass.

Okay, that being said, is do you think that purchasing the Unlimited Express Pass is necessary for the week of May 13 (it would be midweek when we go).

Right now, according to Touring Plans, that week looks relatively low (3-4 out of 10) in the middle of the week, so perhaps not.

But I'll caveat that with the fact that we went last year and the forecast was for a 4 out of 10 day, and it ended up being a 7 out of 10 day. We didn't have the Express Unlimited and we did fine, though. I think we waited 30 minutes for Gringotts (went around 11 am) but the line for Forbidden Journey was over an hour. Hogwarts Express was probably 25 minutes each way IIRC.

Being on a tight budget, if we do not buy the park to park pass, can we still at least get close to the train to see the outside since we won't be able to ride it?

In Hogsmeade there is a Hogwarts Express Engine set up as part of the scenery that you can take pictures at. You don't get the whole train but a sense of it. It's right in front of the entrance to the ride so you dont need to enter the part where they scan your tickets. Here is a link to a photo:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-ho...-station-in-the-wizarding-world-65350801.html

Without spoiling much, that just won't work. The whole part of getting "to" the train is an experience, and it requires a park-to-park pass.
They scan your park to park tickets right at the entrance so there is no way to see the whole train. I do know that there is a spot in NY on the Studios side where you can see the train go past. It's kinda tucked in the back so you have to look for it. Maybe look into this?

Okay, that being said, is do you think that purchasing the Unlimited Express Pass is necessary for the week of May 13 (it would be midweek when we go).

I will be very honest with you. I have been taking the grandchildren to Universal in May for last few years it has gotten busier at that time. The last 2 1/2 weeks of May things are picking up pretty heavy.

Have you thought of costing out staying onsite at RPR, HRH or PBH during your stay. The Unlimited Express pass is included in your say at these Resorts. It’s good day of check in and check out. This would be a significant cost saving for a family.

We have always stayed at HR and love that perk. However, this time we are staying at a family member's timeshare using points so we can't beat that price! :) I guess if we go, we will buy the Unlimited Express Pass then. Thanks

Hi all! We planned our first trip a week ago and we arrive this weekend so I am starting to panic. I am used to WDW where I plan every last detail and know the parks well. We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and have UEP/Hogwarts Train passes for 2 park days. Any tips? I am worried we need to have a bit of a strategy given President's Week crowds. We are early risers and will be there at opening. Looks like we can get in an hour early at IOA. My daughter has Celiacs Disease so I've been researching where we can safely eat, but haven't had a chance to work out a general touring plan. Kids are 11/12, huge Harry Potter fans, will not want to ride any intense roller coasters. I am reading everywhere, but appreciate anyone willing to take the time to offer any guidance.

The quick access sticky has a section about help for dietary issues

Send an email through that contact link to UO

Include your request for eateries that offer food for those with celiac issues

You should receive a reply within a couple of days

Hi all! We planned our first trip a week ago and we arrive this weekend so I am starting to panic. I am used to WDW where I plan every last detail and know the parks well. We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and have UEP/Hogwarts Train passes for 2 park days. Any tips? I am worried we need to have a bit of a strategy given President's Week crowds. We are early risers and will be there at opening. Looks like we can get in an hour early at IOA. My daughter has Celiacs Disease so I've been researching where we can safely eat, but haven't had a chance to work out a general touring plan. Kids are 11/12, huge Harry Potter fans, will not want to ride any intense roller coasters. I am reading everywhere, but appreciate anyone willing to take the time to offer any guidance.
you can download the app, that will help with wait times. have a great time!! don't sweat it!

Touring plans has great descriptions of all the rides, so you can decide ahead of time which to ride or not. My wife won’t do coasters, and she still had a great time, especially in the immersive HP areas. The Express Pass helps immensely. That really takes most of the planning out of it. I would still hit one of the HP areas first before the small shops get crowded, but it may not really matter that much. Just be sure to take the train both ways since it’s different each way!

We did first day IOA to HP, train over to Diagon Alley, train back when done, rest of IOA. Day 2 US including Diagon Alley again (the best part). You could probably do the opposite of day 1 and go back to Hogsmead again, hang out a little, and back again if you want to do the train both days!

But I’m sure there are tons of other good ways to do it. Enjoy!

Thanks so much, this is very helpful and likely to be very similar to our plans. It would be a dream if my 12yo son got picked at Olivander's and I thought I read you have a better shot in Diagon Alley and going early. I also read another blog that said to start in London and start as the books do. I don't have the lay of the land down yet, so just want to have some sort of loose strategy ahead of time. We definitely plan to ride the train both ways.

We returned yesterday from three nights at Universal (staying at ROR). We had 4-Day Park to Park Passes. I just wanted to mention how much my adult son (age 31) enjoyed the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. He has been a huge fan ever since he read the first book when he was a boy. He thought they did an awesome job of bringing the books to life. He is a nurse practitioner and was walking around in a Ravenclaw robe and tie and was having a ball. He also bought a scarf and, of course, a wand. After he bought the robe and tie, he wanted me to take his picture in front of the "School Robes" store. Then, he said "Should I wear them around?" I told him if he wanted to wear the robe, that this is really the only place he could do that. Nobody is judging and everybody gets it! Go for it! So, he kept them on (until it got too hot). We had a great time. I loved riding the Hogwarts Express. Big fun!

Going first week of December this year. Do we NEED an express pass? The Park to Park ticket is already a lot and we really only want to see Harry Potter.

We were there from Dec 2nd till the 9th and we were glad of EP.

It was busier than expected. Just checked my notes from our trip.

We saw regular FJ line average 50 minutes for most of the time we were there, Hulk at times was 60 minutes, Despicable Me is always a long queue, Mummy we saw the line out the door for the regular queue which is quite unusual........we did see it at 30 minutes a couple of times. Transformers we waited 15 minutes in EP one day as there had been a problem with the ride and had to wait longer.......that can happen anytime.

RRR had the longest lines we had seen, we visit September when even in so quiet days it can get busy, but this was busy. Gringotts was 45 minutes I average.

So, no you don’t “need” it.......but we were SO glad we had it with our hotel stay as we hate queueing........

We don’t ever do EE so not sure what the Potter rides are like at that time.

With EP we had no waits apart from the ride breakdown moment.

Does anyone know where I can locate the dates for the light show for Harry Potter while I am there in August?? I would love to see this but I am not finding my information. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!