Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

I did a search on this thread and didn't find the answer, so forgive me if I am asking again. Do FJ and Gringots have single rider lines?

To add to what schumi said, though, the theming for the queue for both FJ and Gringots are amazing--the best on any ride IMO. You miss most of this on Gringots, and I believe on FJ as well. It is worth going through the regular line for each one to get that experience. Then, use single rider for any subsequent trips.

Also, I feel like it's worth it to sit front row on Gringots, even if it makes the wait a bit longer. With single rider, you won't have that option.

To add to what schumi said, though, the theming for the queue for both FJ and Gringots are amazing--the best on any ride IMO. You miss most of this on Gringots, and I believe on FJ as well. It is worth going through the regular line for each one to get that experience. Then, use single rider for any subsequent trips.

Also, I feel like it's worth it to sit front row on Gringots, even if it makes the wait a bit longer. With single rider, you won't have that option.

Well, I will also have the express pass and I plan on going through the full line at least once for the experience. I've seen the full line for FJ in both Orlando and Hollywood, it's pretty amazing.

Can someone please give me some touring advice (or direct me to the right thread - I've been searching but I haven't found one)?

Any advice for a family's first visit, one day pass to both parks. We are big HP fans, and just want advice on how we can see all the HP stuff in a day. Only one of us can ride the big rides, so I guess that would mean single rider (or should we go thru the queue to see it?). We would like to get immersed in the Harry Potter parts of the parks. If we get to some other rides/attractions that would be great, but not necessary. We will stay on property to get the early entry and other special pass (sorry I only know the Disney lingo). We have been to US Hollywood before (before the HP opening) so have been on several of the US rides.

Any particular order to see it all? We will definitely try to get there for the early opening.

TIA

Can someone please give me some touring advice (or direct me to the right thread - I've been searching but I haven't found one)?

Any advice for a family's first visit, one day pass to both parks. We are big HP fans, and just want advice on how we can see all the HP stuff in a day. Only one of us can ride the big rides, so I guess that would mean single rider (or should we go thru the queue to see it?). We would like to get immersed in the Harry Potter parts of the parks. If we get to some other rides/attractions that would be great, but not necessary. We will stay on property to get the early entry and other special pass (sorry I only know the Disney lingo). We have been to US Hollywood before (before the HP opening) so have been on several of the US rides.

Any particular order to see it all? We will definitely try to get there for the early opening.

TIA
Definitely go through both standby lines at least once. I'm not a Harry Potter fan and it is still amazing what UO has done with both the major rides.

TIA

You can easily experience all of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in one day.

An important aspect of that is the ability to ride Hogwarts Express which includes Kings Crossing. Since you have park hopper tickets, you have that covered. Be sure to ride the train both ways (from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade and from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley). The experience is different each way.

You can eat one meal at Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade and another meal at Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley. Snack on some Butterbeer in either park. There are many varieties of Butterbeer: frozen, cold, and hot. There is also an ice cream version in Diagon Alley.

Even though only one party member will ride the big rides, you will all want to go through the queue. There is an incredible amount of detail in Hogwarts Castle and Gringotts Bank (neither accepts express pass). There is some cool stuff in the Dragon Challenge queue too, although I don't recall how much is skipped in the express pass line. Flight of the Hippogryph is a family coaster, and you get to see Hagrids house and a hippogryph. Don't worry about skipping the ride at the end of the line. It's no big deal to ask for the exit. You can wait a few minutes for the rider.

Regardless of if you plan on buying an interactive wand, you should watch the show at Olivanders. The one in Diagon Alley typically has less wait time. If you get an interactive wand, you receive a map that has locations and directions for casting "spells."

Knockturn Alley in Diagon Alley is downright cool (figuratively and literally!).

Be sure to visit the bathroom in Hogsmeade.

Be sure to spend a little time in London outside Diagon Alley, as there are some treats for fans there too.

So many details and things to explore. You're going to have a great time at WWoHP!

Thank you so much for the info, imprint! I really appreciate it. We definitely want to take our time and enjoy Ollivander's and the little shops and hidden treasures. It's the real reason we want to visit! Great tip about riding the train both ways, too. We don't get out to FL very often, so we really want to see as much of the HP stuff as we can. Thanks again! :goodvibes:

pardon the cross-post, but...

I am visiting WW on Wed, April 12, however, I am not a Uni guest nor season pass holder...so no EE for me :(

EE is 8am, park opens at 9am. Here is my question for you vets: if we arrive at "rope drop" for regular admission hours and high tail it straight to Gringott's, what kind of wait time do you think we might expect? I am with my 10 yr old so we are going to stick together rather than go single, etc.

Busy time of year so just want to know what I'm in for! Many thx for the feedback.

Thank you so much for the info, imprint! I really appreciate it. We definitely want to take our time and enjoy Ollivander's and the little shops and hidden treasures. It's the real reason we want to visit! Great tip about riding the train both ways, too. We don't get out to FL very often, so we really want to see as much of the HP stuff as we can. Thanks again! :goodvibes:

You're quite welcome!

One more question -- is there a link to a page that discusses all of the HP things at the parks - rides, shops, experiences, and dining? I want to plan our one day carefully so we don't miss anything!

TIA

One more question -- is there a link to a page that discusses all of the HP things at the parks - rides, shops, experiences, and dining? I want to plan our one day carefully so we don't miss anything!

TIA

The first page of this thread should have what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter