HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Hi
Planning my trip for Apr 2018 and am looking for strategies for booking a good rate. I will have an APH that I will activate when I arrive.
1) When should I look for the best rates?
2) Why is Club King cheaper than Deluxe King?
Rates are different per hotel and season

Rates out now for next year can change

If you book far out and pay the one night, deposit you are good with if rates increase later

Many, besides myself, book early at the rate we can live with and modify later when aph or smsm rates are released

You need the ap when you check in or when you activate it at guest service

You do not need the ap in hand to book the aph rate

King bed club level compared to any king standard room will have different room cost

My king suite at rpr has a higher rate than a king standard in club level

Suites are larger and have a separate living room than a standard king room

Which hotel do you plan to stay?

Read thru the hotel stickies for room
Pics and info

Sometimes peeps decide on one hotel but end up booking at another once they have more knowledge of the hotels

You need the ap when you check in or when you activate it at guest service
I plan to purchase the AP before I arrive and activate when I get there. Will this be a problem at check in?

Which hotel do you plan to stay?
HRH
Sorry, I thought I posted this on the HRH Info Thread.

Why would a Deluxe King Room be cheaper than a Club King Room. Not a suite compared to a room. I assumed a King room on Club level would be more expensive than a King room on another floor. I was told the price should be about $100 more expensive for Club.

When should I start looking for bargains... 6 months out, 4, 3, 1, etc?

Read thru the hotel stickies for room
Pics and info
I did and I just have these questions remaining.

Is the deluxe cheaper than club or not? Kind of confused by your posts. No, you don't need the AP in hand when you check in.

I plan to purchase the AP before I arrive and activate when I get there. Will this be a problem at check in?

HRH
Sorry, I thought I posted this on the HRH Info Thread.

Why would a Deluxe King Room be cheaper than a Club King Room. Not a suite compared to a room. I assumed a King room on Club level would be more expensive than a King room on another floor. I was told the price should be about $100 more expensive for Club.

When should I start looking for bargains... 6 months out, 4, 3, 1, etc?

I did and I just have these questions remaining.

At HRh, the king deluxe room is actually a bigger room than the regular king club room. I would go with the club benefits over the bigger room, the regular king club room was fine!

I'm staying at Hard Rock and I'm super excited. It will be my dad and brother's first time to stay onsite and my mom and I's first stay at Hard Rock. This and the Cabana Bay are the only onsites I haven't stayed at! So really excited to experience this property if only for the night!

i'm planning an anniversary trip for my wife and i in Feb 2018. it's our first time to Universal and I have the the Club King Room reserved for us. 1 of my questions is, with staying onsite, do you still have a bag check / security check point when entering the park from the resort? we're used to Disney and how their security is ran. My other question is there an app of some sort that helps with the planning of this trip? Again Disney has their My Disney Experience, so i want to make sure i'm using the best apps possible... Thanks for any help

i'm planning an anniversary trip for my wife and i in Feb 2018. it's our first time to Universal and I have the the Club King Room reserved for us. 1 of my questions is, with staying onsite, do you still have a bag check / security check point when entering the park from the resort? we're used to Disney and how their security is ran. My other question is there an app of some sort that helps with the planning of this trip? Again Disney has their My Disney Experience, so i want to make sure i'm using the best apps possible... Thanks for any help
Yes there is still a bag check, basically the same as at Disney, but when you go thru the check at Universal it's for both parks. Universal has the Universal resort app. It's not as thorough as Disney's but it's still a good app.

Yeah as Clockwork said the bag check is on the walkway to the two parks or at the boat dock, so whichever way you take, you go through before you get close to the parks or city walk. It's very efficient and I think the new way Disney does it for MK was copied from how Uni does it. The app has wait times and info, but no MDE-like reservation abilities.

PS -- we loved our club king room!! Sometimes we found there were no tables in the club lounge, but the layout is small enough to bring stuff back to the room.

Yeah as Clockwork said the bag check is on the walkway to the two parks or at the boat dock, so whichever way you take, you go through before you get close to the parks or city walk. It's very efficient and I think the new way Disney does it for MK was copied from how Uni does it. The app has wait times and info, but no MDE-like reservation abilities.

PS -- we loved our club king room!! Sometimes we found there were no tables in the club lounge, but the layout is small enough to bring stuff back to the room.
Another question, some people say it's important to have a park bag, some people say you can get by without one?? I know since we're not taking our kid we don't "have" to have one but just need some advice..

if i can't stick things in my pockets or lanyard, it stays in my hotel room.

i prefer going hands free in the parks.

my cell phone in my pocket and tickets in my lanyard works for me.

HRH is a short walk to the studios from the hotel

Another question, some people say it's important to have a park bag, some people say you can get by without one?? I know since we're not taking our kid we don't "have" to have one but just need some advice..

What are you planning on taking into the park?

That will decide whether you need a bag or not.

Does anyone have any pics or videos of the "King Suite"? I can only find the one stock photo so far.

Question about the FAQ top post: surely the concierge lounge / Rock Royalty Lounge isn't anywhere near '3500 square feet', unless they only had a very small portion of it opened when I was there. I think that info got copied from PBR's club lounge and replicated on a few sites.

Last edited:
I had quite a few pics of king suite and will see if I can post them for you

Hrh club lounge is the smallest out of the 3 deluxe for seating guests

Does anyone have any pics or videos of the "King Suite"? I can only find the one stock photo so far.

Question about the FAQ top post: surely the concierge lounge / Rock Royalty Lounge isn't anywhere near '3500 square feet', unless they only had a very small portion of it opened when I was there. I think that info got copied from PBR's club lounge and replicated on a few sites.

I think that it should say "1,500 sq ft"

We are going to be there in two weeks! I'm so excited!

Does anyone know if theres a grab and go coffee option anywhere in the hotel?

Looking to book HRH for May 2018 - any advice on booking through Loews vs. Hard Rock vs. Universal?

The rates seem pretty much the same - SMSM rate for us - but wondering if there are any other "perks" / advantages for booking through one vs. the other?

Book through either site

Rates will be the same

I use the UO site mainly out of habit

Hi! Maybe this is a silly question, but I booked the hotel through another company (yes, they're legit, they offer discounts through my work), and we paid the amount in full at the time of booking... am I going to get charged more later? Did I miss something. I also booked a Garden View room, and idk if that's good- planning was all so new we literally decided on the hotel because it had a bed... lol Did I make a bad choice as far as the hotels? It's the only one my work offered so it's not like we looked at the other ones...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!