Happy Campers

ilovedisneymm

DIS Veteran
When we got back from our January 2017 trip we decided that enough was enough with the tents. We had great enjoyment out of tent camping the past few years, but add in a baby and things get a little bit more challenging. When we came back I booked a full hook up site for our future trip and also wanted to mix it up a bit by going in December verses January. I really like the clover loops 1600 - 1900. They have a camping woodys feel to them the most I think. I'm hoping for 1800 back by the canal or 1900 around the back half.

We have been looking for a new camper for some time now. Went all the way to the next state with a cashiers check in hand at one point two years back. Finally after looking at dealerships within a 90 mile radius of us (a couple beyond that point). Well we finally bought one:) My hang up seemed to be with the new ones seem to cut a lot of corners and lack on quality, but the used ones we looked at had too much of this or that issues for us to want to call our own. Then the day came when our friends listed theirs for sale. Good clean family, had the camper from day one and took great care of it. It was perfect for us! A solid quality camper that didn't cost us much and it had a great history to it. Win! Win! We replaced all the matresses with new firm ones. I reupholstered the dinette, added new blinds, and made curtains to compliment. Had a lot of fun shopping for bedding and camp kitchen gear too. I went with new red pots and pans :) The one thing that I love the very most is all the pantry space. I can pack that thing full and not have to take time away from the trip by going for groceries!!

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

We bought it two months ago and just used it for the first time last week. We overnighted at the Farm Progress Show and then headed south for 4 nights to Meremec State Park. We wanted to get in a trail run with the camper before back to school/homeschool starts up on Tuesday and before hubby gets in the field and before the big Disney trip in December. Well let me tell you, we used it and we loved it!

So why did it take us so long to finally try out the new camper? Cause we have been working all summer on trying to finish our home. The interior is so not done (will be this winter), but finally FINALLY almost a year later from breaking ground, the exterior is finished! Still need a few things like a chimney cap, grass, and landscaping :)

IMG_0032.JPG

School starts back up for us tomorrow and we have a full 12 weeks of school work before we head south bound to Disney! We are staying Dec 3 - Dec 17. We want to add on new things for this trip. One thing we can do that is new to us is the water parks. They are always closed in January and the kids are going to just love the water parks!

90 some odd days to go...

Last edited:
Congratulations on the camper. Are you sure your not going to miss the fun of setting up tents? We have looked at campers and still can't decide if we want to go that route or not.

The house looks great.

Our 10 yr. old started her homeschooling about a month ago so she can take a break while on vacation in Oct. and still finish by the beginning of May.

Enjoy the camper and the great looking house.

Congratulations on all of your new homes! Your home on wheels looks fresher than new and love the crisp red accents. So convenient to take off on a weekend trip with the family when all the packing up is already stored in your rv. Lovely and inviting pic of your new home with the welcoming front porch. You must be looking forward to a wonderful holiday time between Disneyworld and your new home. Plenty of room for your sweet looking baby to have a great life. Best wishes.

Melissa, congratulations on the Camper. It does extend your camping days in inclement weather. Love your new home. You have been realistic and patient with the progress and what a wonderful lesson you have shown your family. We are still working on ours. Hopefully by Nov, we will relocate from our camper to home! Love your decorating in your camper.

Melissa,

It looks like you really got a great camper. I know you looked around for a while. Glad you liked moving from a tent to a TT. It is a step away from "camping" towards "RVing", but a nice step. Setup, cleanup and packing should be a lot easier.

The house looks adorable. Very nice. Don't worry too much about the inside being "done". My house is 115 years old. I've lived in it for 21 years and it still isn't done. :-)

You should have said something on your way to Meramec SP. You probably drove right past me in Edwardsville. I wasn't sure if the campground at Meramec was open after the floods this spring. I thought they had quite a bit of damage.

I can't wait to hear about your December trip. You always have great TRs, but it won't quite be the same without the tent pics.

j

@Ilovedisney I know what you mean about them cutting corners. We have our newer Coachman Catalina 343qbds and the more we use it, the more we see how they cut the corners. The floor for one.... Walking on the floor anywhere near a floor vent and you feel the floor sink a bit (almost as if it was wet wood). Haven't gotten to the point where I am ready to replace the floor, but it doesn't seem to far off.

Glad you found a good deal that you could work with.

Congratulations! Both look great. We have been looking for 2 years. Haven't found anything built like our 2006 Jayco.

I looked at the pics yesterday and thought your camper looked really familiar, then I relooked today and saw the CrossRoads logo above the bed. My much loved bunk house 5er I had for 13 years was a CrossRoads Cruiser. The interior was very much like yours. You are correct about them being well built. That was one of the reasons I bought mine. They were a very new company at the time (since bought by Thor) and offered quite a bit more for the money. Our 5er inside looked great when we sold it. The outside unfortunately showed its age from sitting outside for 13 years.

j

Honestly, the tent camping is very much enjoyable. We all have always slepted beautifully whether on a cot or air mattress. It's the hunt for a clean hotel room at 9 pm at night after being on the road all day long and then not sleeping in said hotel room because of all that associated with hotel rooms. Then after the set up comes the long arduous process of grocery shopping at the Walmart. It's when I'm standing in line checking out , knowing that I still have to lug all that to the van, drive back, and still unpack those groceries that I start questioning the entire trip all together. Once all that "work" is done, I'm a pretty happy camper after that :)

We always start back to school the Tuesday after Labor Day. We will have 32 weeks in our year this year. 12 weeks from now until Thanksgiving. We will break from then until the New Year. Then 12 weeks back at it and then a week in the camper (to be determined Colorado is at the top of our list) then back at it until the end of May. Looking forward to your upcoming report.

Congratulations on the camper. Are you sure your not going to miss the fun of setting up tents? We have looked at campers and still can't decide if we want to go that route or not.

The house looks great.

Our 10 yr. old started her homeschooling about a month ago so she can take a break while on vacation in Oct. and still finish by the beginning of May.

Enjoy the camper and the great looking house.

Jim,

I thought about you while down there. Wondering how far away you were or if you were possibly camping down there too. When I thought about it, we were camping and no service until we left the park. I didn't know anything about prior flooding. The river was down quit a bit and the kids were able to really enjoy it.

And yes, it's a Crossroads. So far we are pretty happy with it. It's good outside too. A clean white with grey two tones at bottom.

Melissa,

It looks like you really got a great camper. I know you looked around for a while. Glad you liked moving from a tent to a TT. It is a step away from "camping" towards "RVing", but a nice step. Setup, cleanup and packing should be a lot easier.

The house looks adorable. Very nice. Don't worry too much about the inside being "done". My house is 115 years old. I've lived in it for 21 years and it still isn't done. :-)

You should have said something on your way to Meramec SP. You probably drove right past me in Edwardsville. I wasn't sure if the campground at Meramec was open after the floods this spring. I thought they had quite a bit of damage.

I can't wait to hear about your December trip. You always have great TRs, but it won't quite be the same without the tent pics.

j

Nice camper!!! That is pretty close to what we are looking for, except double over double bunks for our 4 kiddos.
My hubby still likes tent camping when we are down by the river for 2 days or so but he is ready to toss the PUP and get a camper. Our home is only 1200 sq ft so the camper would also double as a guest suite for family.

LOVE your house! My homeschooling goal is to have a farmhouse, very WILD+FREE style :) But I'll take a .38 acre suburban lot for now.
Can't wait to see how your December trip goes.

Melissa, so glad to hear you have a camper now, & your home is to die for. I want a smaller home that looks like a farm house w/2 bed rooms & baths with a sun room on the back. We enjoyed our tent camping days., just got to be too much setting up the tents, Kitchen, ours & then the potty tent. Can't wait to hear all about your trip in December. I love camping in the winter. Of course, Central Texas we camp year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter