Happily Ever After Dessert Party Solo

Has anyone done this as a solo? DH is not a fan of fireworks, especially if it involves crowds or spending $$. I, on the other hand, would love to see the new show. I've booked the Plaza Garden Viewing party for my September solo trip but am getting cold feet.

Will I be assigned to a table full of other people? I'm very introverted and have zero desire to join in to a happy family party all by my lonesome.

Thanks!
I did this dessert party two weeks ago solo. They showed me a few of the smaller tables and let me choose one. I sat alone. The desserts were good. My favorite was a chocolate cupcake with purple frosting along with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. The fruit was good. And another favorite for me was a little fresh pineapple dessert in a small square dish. For the fireworks viewing I stood at the back railing and had PLENTY of clear space in front and all around me. I had a clear view. I was glad I did this for the first time.
However, I went back a couple nights later without doing the dessert party and found a nice spot a bit closer to the castle and was able to sit on a small concrete wall with a black iron fence behind me with a fountain behind the fence. This was a much clearer close up view and just the right location for both the fireworks and the projections. The show was much better from here. So, I decided that the dessert party isn’t necessary especially if you just need to find a spot for one person. But I think you should keep your reservation just for the experience. On a very crowded park night it might seem to be a bigger benefit than my experience.

It is so reassuring to read all these positive messages about doing a dessert party solo. Will be going on my second solo trip starting September 6th. Already know I am going to do MNSSHP for the first time. So excited about that! :tigger: Maybe I will find the courage (and the money) to do a dessert party as well.

I wanted to try it for the Star Wars fireworks ... is the view worth it?
Nope. Viewing is off-center and that's not helpful for this show. As a solo - you can get a good spot dead center pretty close to show time. I did the dessert party for SW as a solo - and it was fine - it was nice to talk to some SW fans and I did the photos with the characters with just a couple minute waits. I've done three dessert parties - and food at the SW one was by far the weakest of the three and the menu hasn't changed. So - if you are just doing it for the viewing location - don't bother. Probably 20-30 minutes in advance of show time - you can still get a good spot as a solo. Folks don't pack in as much like they do at MK for HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!