Hampton Inn

connab

Mouseketeer
We had to reschedule our trip from last week to this week because of irma and we had to book a night at another hotel for one night cause RP didn't have anything for Thursday night. Well we booked 1 night at the Hampton inn 2 days AFTER Irma hit and today, Tuesday, I got a call that the hotel is closed due to damage. I actually was able to book another hotel (which had been my first choice but didn't have rooms last week when I called), but I thought that was crappy of them I mean why did they let me book a room. I remember having a conversation with the lady taking my reservation about Irma and how I had to change my reservation due to her. i am glad it worked out for me but feel bad for anyone that couldnt find other places to stay.

wow....

that is horrible you weren't given notice prior to today!! :hug:

but happy ending as you did get a room booked for that thursday.

have you called or looked on line if there are any openings at rpr now for that one date?

yes, they we the first call I made but no luck. I was surprised that they waited 2 days before we are supposed to be there to call. I am so glad we got a room somewhere else on such short notice.

As someone who was affected by Irma, let me advise you to cut them some slack. Not all damages are readily apparent. As some systems are repaired, say electrical, you may find other systems are also not functioning properly, say HVAC. Leaks sometimes take time to show. It is also very difficult to now get contractors for repairs, and you have no control over whether they actually show up. You can schedule the work and be hopeful it will all get repaired, but stuff happens. I would guess that all of the staff at the Hampton are busting their butts to get the hotel opened, because they are losing money every day. Yes they should have called you as soon as possible, and maybe they did.

Last edited:

Let me assure you that the last thing a hotelier wants to do is turn people away, after all we are in the business of making money!!! If you were displaced because of hurricane damage that cannot be foreseen prior to the storm it is probably in your best interest to be displaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter