Hampton Inn vs Best Western vs Radisson

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
We will be staying over one Friday night prior to our cruise in November. All three hotels (Hampton Inn, Best Western Oceanfront and Radisson) have relatively close room rates. Hampton appears to have one up by offering a continental breakfast. As it is Nov, a pool might not be a requirement for us depending on the weather. We'll have a rental car with us that we'll return on the Saturday morning. So, all prices being relatively equal, which hotel would you choose? Thanks, Jo

We stayed at the Hampton Inn last summer and it was very nice. Not directly on the beach but within walking distance.

Hmmm... tough call. I'd enjoy the Best Western 'cause it's a block from the Cocoa Beach Pier (I enjoy strolling on piers), but I'd enjoy the Hampton Inn 'cause it has complimentary Internet access in the lobby. I'd want to check my email and the boards one last time.

Stayed at the Oceanside Best Western. Right on the beach. There is a newer tower of maybe 5 or 6 floors as well as the older two storey motel. It is NOT the Ritz and sure some folks on this board would find it beneath them :) but I'm sure you'll find it fine. It is clean and close to Perkins and nice pool.
Seeing as you're from Canada if you belong to Air Miles you can use them for a night's stay at this motel.
Cheers,
Grumbo

I am torn between the Hampton and the Radisson. I would go with the Hampton due to its access to the beach, continental breakfast, internet access and just because I like Hampton Inns in general. The one thing that is stopping me is the shuttle service, which I understand runs after noon.

I wouldn't necessarily mind getting to the port a bit after noon, but I would just be concerned that we would end up on a late shuttle run and arrive mid-afternoon or something! I hate to pay for a cab because that would seem to be throwing money out the window, since we COULD get a ride. What are people's experiences using the shuttle from the Hampton Inn?

I didn't realize the timing of the shuttle would be an issue. We're planning on staying Sat night at the Radisson and taking the shuttle to the port. Does the Radisson shuttle start at a specific time, too?

Ursula

I don't see the hotel shuttle issue as being an issue for Jo-Anne (the OP). She said they'd be renting a car and returning it on Saturday morning. They can drop off most of their party and all of the luggage when the port opens. Then one person can return the car and skip back to the port in the car rental agency's shuttle.

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta
I don't see the hotel shuttle issue as being an issue for Jo-Anne (the OP). She said they'd be renting a car and returning it on Saturday morning. They can drop off most of their party and all of the luggage when the port opens. Then one person can return the car and skip back to the port in the car rental agency's shuttle.

I don't think that Ursula was referring to the OP when discussing shuttles. (I know that I wasn't, the thread just prompted my related dilemma which involves shuttle service.) I think that we've moved on to some of the rest of us who are trying to decide between hotels and are factoring in shuttle service times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter