Halloween costume ideas for family of 4

ge0rgette2

DIS Veteran
Okay, had a problem last year, waited till the last minute to get a halloween family together...

We were a farmer (DH), cow (ME), Chicken (DS,21) and pig (DD, 9)...

It was funny and we had a good time..

This year, I was thinking Dr Suess ... maybe thing 1, thing 2, cat in hat and maybe the grinch .. I'm on a budget, so want to do things slow and not spend alot of cash at once.

Anything you can think of ... need a family of 4 ideas.

Also thinking Groovy people - disco themed...

What do you think?

Some ideas:

Wizard of Oz:
Wendy, Tin Man, Scarecrow, lion (we did the first 3 last yearclarification per DD.. we did Wizard of Oz 2 years ago... it was Woody/Jessie and DS11 was a party pooper..... my kids would pick a theme each year...but this year my DD is off at college...so our days of this are gone.. :( )

Peter Pan:
Peter Pan, Wendy, Capt Hook and Mr. Smee

Let me think of more... I mentioned my DD in this message and she text me from school.. LOL

2 years ago we did Toy Story.

DBF and I went as Mr and Mrs. Potato Head- I bought brown shirts from walmart and decorated the fronts with vinyl. DD#1 went as tour guide barbie, DD#2 went as Bo Peep and DD#3 went as Jessie.

Last year we just went as classics:
DBF a skeleton, I went as a Cat, DD#1 a gypsy, DD#2 Dorothy, DD#3 a bat and DS a little vampire.

This year... No idea :)

Thanks....

We were thinking Dr Suess...

I like Flintstones too.. even Sesame Street characters! :)

This list is fun... I suggested some of these to DD and her roommates.. they are determined to be the cool costumed girls who aren't going to look like hoochy mommas as she termed it.. :lmao:

I forgot last year...
DD was Jessie
DS was Woody
DS was a party pooper and wouldn't dress as buzz.. big brat!

Did you make the costumes or buy them?

I like the idea of Batman, Batgirl, WonderWoman and the Hulk, but all 4 of us aren't agreeing!

OMG .. I just found a great thing .... made from sweatshirts and you make heads with feathers out of the hood of the sweatshirt -- Elmo, Cookie monster, Oscar and Big Bird...

Did you make the costumes or buy them?

I like the idea of Batman, Batgirl, WonderWoman and the Hulk, but all 4 of us aren't agreeing!

I make as much as I can, only buy the items I can't.

The Sesame Street characters made out of sweatshirts sounds totally cute!!
I hope everyone decides soon so you can start making as much as you can!

Here is the picture of cute sesame street costumes I found, but I'm unsure if they are not too girly for 2 of my guys ;)

halloween.jpg

What do you think?

Was also thinking Looney Tunes characters... Have any ideas how I can do that without investing like $100.00 per costume and never wear it again!

Yeah, I love the idea - even cookie and oscar look girlie to me ... lol. I'm sure my boys would do it - but .....

I think it's the feathers throwing me off...

Yeah, I love the idea - even cookie and oscar look girlie to me ... lol. I'm sure my boys would do it - but .....

I think it's the feathers throwing me off...

Maybe rather than feathers, you can find some furry fabric from a fabric shop or some craft fur. You can do something similar, but it may look less girly.

I found someone nice enough to knit me 4 hats.... so they can be re-worn.. I bought matching colored tshirts to go with the hats - red, blue, etc..

Going to make Oscar green with a trash can on the tshirt w/ scram..

Elmo - tickle me!

Cookie Monster will have cookies 1/2 eaten on his shirt..

and my husband decided with Grover.. so I'm making him super grover!

;)

Unless I change my mind that's what I'm going with.. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter