Hall of president solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly go in that attraction anyway, I just won't go in it ever again when they re-open it. No biggie. That said, I'd much rather they put something there that everyone could enjoy instead of an attraction that now no one really enjoys.

I love the idea of something Muppets or Haunted Mansion there. Really, anything other than HoP. Oh yeah, and not princesses. We have enough of those.

HOP is a grossly under used attraction on very valuable real estate.

Didn't want to quote your whole post. :)

I think I may have said it in this thread .. can't remember .. I don't really care about HOP in general. I'm on board with mowing it down and putting an e-ticket attraction in. This call for TS locations at the MK seem like the new "we're tired of rides and want to sit and eat" crowd. You could put a restaurant where Stitch was, or maybe Country Bears or Tiki Room. I like them all, but I'm just mostly against removing rides/attractions for eating locations. More money? Yes. Pushing more people through a location? No. I mean, yes .. it will probably have more people go through than HOP currently but less than a good attraction.

I get that you don't like the idea, and part of that is the theme, part of that is loss of an attraction.

BUT ... forget politics and potential outcome, go strictly on the past performance of attraction -

- HOP is a grossly under used attraction on very valuable real estate.
- Disney could make a tremendous amount of money with a HM restaurant.
- With the size of that building, even with a kitchen expansion, it would serve many not a handful.
- Disney has no issue with removing attractions with no replacement until many years later.
- Disney has no issue with leaving parks short attractions for years.
- There is always the outcry for more "E Ticket" ride type attractions over shows.
- The repeated complaint over the years as DHS not a full park, too many shows.
- Increasingly over time they have to compete with Universal.
- With the possibility of the new Universal land becoming a couple new parks, Disney has to step up.
- Haunted Mansion & Disney Villains are HIGHLY popular, if they build it, they will come.

Of course they have lots of options here including opening it again. But if I were coming from a business stand point, which Disney seems to lean more towards more than the classics .... this is the perfect opportunity to monetize the space whether it's a restaurant or true E Ticket attraction for the overall guest base.

Disney no longer worries about the outliers (such as yourself in this instance) at the parks and resorts. For every outlier that feels pushed out will be 10 in line to replace them. They have to look at income generating decisions.

You left off...

- As a HM restaurant, the presidential animatronics could easily be converted to ghost characters and someday, given the right technological advances, actual waiters!

We could always give the dissenters what they want. just change the robots to Bernie Sanders, Leon Trotsky, Lenin, Stalin, Karl Marx. You could have Castro sitting in the back puffing a cigar. don't kid yourselves, that's where the country is going. i said from the beginning that they had a better chance to keep The Donald out if they threw Sanders up there against him. Just for the record, i personally do not want that to happen. Editing to say this was tongue in cheek so hold your Scythe's and Pitchforks.
Are you really comparing Sanders with Trotsky, Lenin, Stalin, Marx and Castro?

The only thing counter I would say to this is that you are right a lot of the classic attracitons individually don't get huge crowds but a lot of people still love that they have them, will go on some of them, etc. - and that draws them to WDW in general.

Getting rid of any one probably isn't that big of a deal but if you got rid of all of the attractions like that and only had modern, cutting edge, thrilling, etc. - i.e., non-classic - attractions I could see a number of people just not want to go at all to WDW

I don't think that is what I said, if so maybe I can clarify. Many classics are enjoyed by guests .... Peter Pan, Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise .... but I don't think being a classic is important enough to Disney when making future decisions. I've never heard anyone state they stopped coming because they removed Mr. Toad, 20 Leagues, Snow White Adventures ........ right up to Great Movie Ride being taken out - for sometimes much lower offerings. All of those rides had steady lines. If a classic becomes counter productive for Disney's bottom line, capacity and guest movement, maintenance OR on maintaining show ..... it is no longer a positive for the company. HOP checks all those boxes.

Didn't want to quote your whole post. :)

I think I may have said it in this thread .. can't remember .. I don't really care about HOP in general. I'm on board with mowing it down and putting an e-ticket attraction in. This call for TS locations at the MK seem like the new "we're tired of rides and want to sit and eat" crowd. You could put a restaurant where Stitch was, or maybe Country Bears or Tiki Room. I like them all, but I'm just mostly against removing rides/attractions for eating locations. More money? Yes. Pushing more people through a location? No. I mean, yes .. it will probably have more people go through than HOP currently but less than a good attraction.

I think most of us HM fans would take the restaurant no matter where they put it. There is room tucked next to the HM with a road directly to back by BOG for deliveries. I think the reason it comes up here is the location works, the size works, it backs to an existing kitchen and the current attraction stands a chance of closing. But I would be fine with an E Ticket attraction and the restaurant elsewhere. We agree on that.

You left off...

- As a HM restaurant, the presidential animatronics could easily be converted to ghost characters and someday, given the right technological advances, actual waiters!

NOW don't start my armchair imagineering. I would LOVE if they would use those animatronics throughout, making them the ghosts from the ride. It would be like RFC, sitting next to moving animals. They could greet you as you entered (armor in BOG hall) and have a few rooms that matched to ride rooms ................ oh, be still my heart.

Except Lincoln .... he needs to repurpose .... yes I went to NYC World's Fair so ... classic.

Last edited:
I don't think that is what I said, if so maybe I can clarify. Many classics are enjoyed by guests .... Peter Pan, Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise .... but I don't think being a classic is important enough to Disney when making future decisions. I've never heard anyone state they stopped coming because they removed Mr. Toad, 20 Leagues, Snow White Adventures ........ right up to Great Movie Ride being taken out - for sometimes much lower offerings. All of those rides had steady lines. If a classic becomes counter productive for Disney's bottom line, capacity and guest movement, maintenance OR on maintaining show ..... it is no longer a positive for the company. HOP checks all those boxes.

I think we are probably more on the same page than either of our initial posts might indicate ... I agree that if any one attraction is costing more to maintain, etc. then it should be upgraded/replaced

Just more that low crowds alone I don't think means that because a lot of these rides still set the mood, and if at some point you may get rid of enough of them that it does impact some people coming back - or at least indirectly reducing their pull/desire to go back even if it isn't an explicit "well, the closed the tiki room so I am never going back"

Are you really comparing Sanders with Trotsky, Lenin, Stalin, Marx and Castro?
with all of them the endgame is loss of economic individualism. which leads to lack of incentive. so you have a bunch of poor people with no reason to try not to be. some of those men would accomplish that with swords some with words.

I think we are probably more on the same page than either of our initial posts might indicate ... I agree that if any one attraction is costing more to maintain, etc. then it should be upgraded/replaced

Just more that low crowds alone I don't think means that because a lot of these rides still set the mood, and if at some point you may get rid of enough of them that it does impact some people coming back - or at least indirectly reducing their pull/desire to go back even if it isn't an explicit "well, the closed the tiki room so I am never going back"

Hear you. But in Tiki Room defense (and we do most trips), the footprint is so small, what would they do? But HOP ... valuable footprint, valuable location in area that could use "more" and high visibility.

with all of them the endgame is loss of economic individualism. which leads to lack of incentive. so you have a bunch of poor people with no reason to try not to be. some of those men would accomplish that with swords some with words.
So, that would be a "yes".

Hear you. But in Tiki Room defense (and we do most trips), the footprint is so small, what would they do? But HOP ... valuable footprint, valuable location in area that could use "more" and high visibility.

absolutely - size factors in ... cost of keeping the same vs opportunity cost of changing it ... it all factors in

Ultimately, with so many animatronics in one spot, currently not doing anything, on a big stage, in an auditorium...

A stage show with real people would be the cost-cutting solution that I think we're likely to see.

bottom line i think it would be a shame to buckle under the pressure...but...you don't have to go too many doors over to find a thread about a situation where they actually did buckle, i am speaking about the" Redhead Switcheroo". of course Disney Parks and Resorts just drips Liberalism in direct contrast to their greedy business model. they dont want the board and stockholders to be on the left, just the employees. and then stick a wet finger in the wind to see how to placate the guests.

Last edited:
Coming from overseas we actually find the HoP rather boring and much prefer the AA at EPCOT - replacing it with something more relevant to the MK would, in our opinion, be a good move.

My Question is, why does the HoP need a solution? Has society become so thin skinned and morally immature to not handle a President they disagree with? If thats the case we should remove everyone since Kennedy. I am a cranky old man and complaint about near everything, so lets agree if you like HoP, visit it, if you don't, see something else, pretty much like watching TV. oh Yea since it has to be said Pete Warner says "stay out of the damn lakes"

I'd love to see Trump in there, I hope they do it in time for next summer.
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would not go in any more because of a moving piece of metal, rubber and plastic.

I'd love to see Trump in there, I hope they do it in time for next summer.
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would not go in any more because of a moving piece of metal, rubber and plastic.

The concern isn't the people that would avoid it - the concern is the people that would go in with the express purpose of disturbing the show and making a scene and what that could lead to

My Question is, why does the HoP need a solution? Has society become so thin skinned and morally immature to not handle a President they disagree with? If thats the case we should remove everyone since Kennedy. I am a cranky old man and complaint about near everything, so lets agree if you like HoP, visit it, if you don't, see something else, pretty much like watching TV. oh Yea since it has to be said Pete Warner says "stay out of the damn lakes"

well, i also know a lot of people that feel that they should stand up for what they believe in and to protest and and not stand for what they feel is not right - that it isn't being "thin skinned" it is doing what they think is morally the right thing to do - that what they are doing takes strength ... and to not stand up would be hypocritical and send the wrong message to their kids, etc.

I do think most people i know like that would just skip the attraction - but as we all know, all it takes is one to result in a very negative situation

well, i also know a lot of people that feel that they should stand up for what they believe in and to protest and and not stand for what they feel is not right - that it isn't being "thin skinned" it is doing what they think is morally the right thing to do - that what they are doing takes strength ... and to not stand up would be hypocritical and send the wrong message to their kids, etc.

I do think most people i know like that would just skip the attraction - but as we all know, all it takes is one to result in a very negative situation

Don't get me wrong I am VERY MUCH for standing up for ones beliefs and standing up to an injustice. However HoP is not the time nor the place. I do believe that since the last term of Bush Jr many people have become oh to willing to be offended and "thin skinned". I can point to many examples of how it is thin skinned but this site is not the place for such dialog.

I do agree several people who would skip HoP because of Trump, same as Obama- As you so correctly pointed out, all it takes is one, and why we cannot have nice things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter