Half Board Questions

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
There have been so many changes to the meal plan rules since we booked, I've confused myself with everything I've read.

We booked a deal at Newport Bay for a Compass Club Room and got Half Board free. No where on my confirmation does it specify what level of Half Board we got. I'm assuming Standard until I can call to confirm.

I thought with the Half Board you could only eat breakfast at the buffet in your hotel. But I just read where someone said if you got Half Board for free then you can only eat at a counter service in the park and that the hotel buffet is only available to those that paid for the meal plan. Can anyone set me straight here?

Also, I know you can top up at more expensive restaurants. Am I correct that Half Board plans do not work at counter service restaurants?

Im not 100% certain so hopefully someone else will confirm but Im sure

- Its Half board plus that you get by staying in Newport Bay

- If you have a compass club room you get breakfast included anyhow by default at your hotel whether you have half board or not - its thought but not definite that you may also get the vouchers for breakfast which are in a couple of counter service locations (and is only a couple of items and a drink and not a buffet) so you may be able to use these anyhow for a drink in the park

- As far as I know half board is only for table service or buffet restaurants - it will say on the vouchers where you can use them

Thanks - that helps a bit. I'm going to call today to confirm everything. It's all so confusing! lol

Chatted with a DLP rep today and received the following info:

If you book Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe or Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, with the free half board offer you will receive the "Standard" half board meal plan which is valid in:

Plaza Gardens Restaurant

Restaurant Agrabah Café

Restaurant des Stars

The Grange at Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon

Chuck Wagon Café

La Cantina

Crockett's Tavern.

If you book Disney's Sequoia Lodge Hotel, Disney's Newport Bay Club Hotel, or Disney's Hotel New York, with the free half board offer you will receive the half board "Plus" meal plan which is valid in the restaurants listed above as well as:

Blue Lagoon Restaurant

Silver Spur Steakhouse

Café Mickey

The Steakhouse

Manhattan Restaurant

Parkside Diner

Yacht Club

Cape Cod

Hunter's Grill

Annette's Diner

Bistrot Chez Rémy

If you book the Disneyland Hotel, with the free half board offer you will receive the "Premium" half board meal plan which is valid in all the restaurants listed above plus:

Auberge de Cendrillon

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

Inventions

California Grill

Walt's American Restaurant.

If you book a Club room, your breakfast will be at the hotel, rather than the quick service breakfast in the free offer.

The compass club buffet breakfast is very good. If I was you I would just make use of that and not worry about the other options that may or may not be available to you.

Only downside is that it does get quite busy in there.

I've just returned from the same offer. You get the plus plan in Newport bay. I upgraded to full board but if I went again I wouldn't upgrade as to get your money's worth you really have to make a pig of yourself.

One major disappointment was the breakfast. I thought having the free half board would mean you were entitled to have breakfast at the hotel but that is not the case. You are only able to have it in the parks as a 'quick service' option. You can pay to upgrade but it was a bit ridiculous, about 10 euros per person I think.

I did upgrade to character breakfast one of the days. I paid £15 for 2 people which was reasonable enough. This was worth it in my opinion considering it was 20 euros to upgrade to the hotel buffet breakfast.

Hope this helps!

So, the Half Board option at Newport doesn't include breakfast at the hotel? So, this website is incorrect:

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

It says:

Half Board Meal Plan
You'll receive 1 Meal Voucher and 1 Breakfast Voucher* per person per night of your stay.

The Breakfast Voucher:

• For all plans allows you to enjoy breakfast at your hotel's buffet.

Bummer. We just booked thinking that it did include breakfast at the Newport hotel's buffet!

I might be wrong but I think

if you book and pay for the meal plan including breakfast you get a voucher for breakfast in your hotel

if you get the meal plans free (as in included in an offer) then you get a voucher for breakfast elsewhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter