Hair Straightener in Carry On?

The House of Mouse

Mouseketeer
Silly question: Can I put my ceramic hair straightener in my carry on? It cost me alot so would prefer to keep it with me to keep it safe.

Thanks

I travel every week for work with my hair straightener with no problem.
Just make sure you have no gels or liquids over 3ozs in you carry on but hair dryers and straighteners are fine.

If you are planning on taking a trip and want to take your hair iron or any other hair tool with you, your best bet is to pack it in your suitcase and not your carry on. This way you avoid any problems that some airlines may have and prevent the chance of them not allowing you to bring it on and therefore taking it from you.

beauty_queen1

I've carried mine in my carryon many times with no problems. Worst case scenario is that TSA doesn't know what it is under the xray, so they open your bag to see what it is.

No problem, I always pack mine in my carryon due to the cost to replace it. Don't place anything of value in your checked luggage as it can no longer be locked to prevent theft. Yes,you can use the TSA lock but IMHO this doesn't prevent theft because it can be opened by a universal key.

I recommend checking the TSA website prior to any flight as things can change but for now your flat iron is fine in your carryon.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

TJ

I'm flying Jetblue in April and the web site said no hairstraightners in the carry on. My daughter is freaking out because she knows the luggage will not get to our room till much later.. Hearing this I will call to conform that she can bring it on her carry-on, she will be thrilled.....:cool1:

I'm flying Jetblue in April and the web site said no hairstraightners in the carry on. My daughter is freaking out because she knows the luggage will not get to our room till much later.. Hearing this I will call to conform that she can bring it on her carry-on, she will be thrilled.....:cool1:

i just checked JB's website (yup, i was curious :rolleyes: ).
i think you may have accidentally taken the permitted list for the prohibited. it says specifically:

Personal Items Permitted in Carryon Bags
Cigar Cutters
Corkscrews
Curling irons (butane curling irons are accepted provided the butane cannot be removed)
......etc

hth :)

i just checked JB's website (yup, i was curious :rolleyes: ).
i think you may have accidentally taken the permitted list for the prohibited. it says specifically:

Personal Items Permitted in Carryon Bags
Cigar Cutters
Corkscrews
Curling irons (butane curling irons are accepted provided the butane cannot be removed)
......etc

hth :)
I did the same; I too was curious and there is nothing prohibiting this item (and why would JetBlue have this rule, and not TSA and other airlines?) :confused:

Unless that poster is thinking of liquid hair straightener, if there is such a thing? (I have straight hair so I wouldn't know!)

THANKS EVERYONE! This helped me make the decision to take it with me. My straightener is the (expensive) wet to dry straightener and I think it will save me a lot of time down there. I am so glad to hear of your experiences, and feel much more comfortable taking it with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter