Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

They have some cool places with crazy food options like donut cheeseburgers.

Quick - my health professionals Jim and Michael:

Question #1: Are donut cheeseburgers in my diet plan?

Question #2: What about bacon donut double-cheese burgers?

Question #3: I wonder if they have a low-fat variety such as turkey bacon/gluten free/soy cheese product "burger"?

gxmhhdaanhnadyaycdaj.png

All with Ranch Dressing of course.

Bama Ed

PS - thanks for the update, Joe

Ed

Question 1: Yes
Question 2: Yes
Question 3: Yes

You are on vacation and calories and diets don’t count there.

j

I concur with Jim on this one.

I'll take a double myself.

Quick - my health professionals Jim and Michael:

Question #1: Are donut cheeseburgers in my diet plan?

Question #2: What about bacon donut double-cheese burgers?

Question #3: I wonder if they have a low-fat variety such as turkey bacon/gluten free/soy cheese product "burger"?

gxmhhdaanhnadyaycdaj.png

All with Ranch Dressing of course.

Bama Ed

PS - thanks for the update, Joe
As an EMT and retired Police Officer let me put my 2 cents in
1 Yes but skip the Jelly and Cream filled ones That is very important to remember if you like your regular buns toasted
2 Yes but draw the line at the Double, Double Bacon Double Cheeseburger with bacon and a Large side of Bacon
3 Yes they call it the styrofoam container the good ones come in

I should have everyone updated on the list except Dmaxphil but I'll take care of him as soon as his dates are posted. I've been working on plans for our March trip to FW so I've been missing out on the GSP planning as of yet, but plenty of time for that later. Weather is lousy here today so I had time to sit and work on the list.

Also, I've been watching some YouTube videos on alligator wresting and it looks pretty easy. I think a few more vids and I'll be good to go.

Well good to know that you have at least one night entertainment filled I am looking forward to that if I can get shoulder in shape I may ask for a few pointers and give it a try. LOOK OUT GATOR BOYS, THE SQUIRREL KID AND MIGHTY MOUSE ARE COMING TO TOWN

The family and I ventured down to GSP today to bike ride and visit the eagle families. The weather was perfect and I tried to kill myself pulling the grandson around in his new trailer. We rode some of the new trails and were real pleased. The bridge across beach blvd to the pavilion is almost finished and should be done in time for our meet. Ed I figured I would make another stop at Owa to check out things again but a lot was already closed with it being Sunday evening but I got you some pictures of your heart attack diner.

Attachments

• 20180304_180150.jpg
    20180304_180150.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180304_180205.jpg
    20180304_180205.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 10
I am going to try to take up the slack for some of the "outlaws" who is coming to GSP this year,

Screenshot_20180309-111008.jpg

Anyway here is the practice dates for the Blue Angels this year, it' a very cool thing to go watch. The museum is also really something to see, so much history in one place close to GSP, May 29th looks to be the day while we're down. I will be on the look out for any other events or happening, looking forward to seeing everyone at GSP.

I am going to try to take up the slack for some of the "outlaws" who is coming to GSP this year,

View attachment 307818

Anyway here is the practice dates for the Blue Angels this year, it' a very cool thing to go watch. The museum is also really something to see, so much history in one place close to GSP, May 29th looks to be the day while we're down. I will be on the look out for any other events or happening, looking forward to seeing everyone at GSP.

UGH, your killing me. Wish we could stay and go watch. But once again, so much time, so little to do.

View attachment 307818

Thanks, Randy. I may go to Pcola this year as I haven't been the last few years. I hope the 29th is a day the lighthouse is open for tours. I remember climbing it from my youth days in Boy Scouts when our group camping site was at the end of some runway. So our wake up calls on Saturday and Sunday were Navy fighters screaming over our heads. It was so cool - they probably don't allow camping there now for safety reasons.

UGH, your killing me. Wish we could stay and go watch. But once again, so much time, so little to do.

Guess you'll have to do it when you come back next year as tiggerdad suggests and schedule additional days, Chris. I mean, you can already make reservations for next year in May. Just sayin' .... :rolleyes1 And I think I might be coming up Pittsburgh way to camp in August next year.

Last edited:
I'm back with some more useful information, especially if you have a sweet tooth... the milkshake bar The Yard will be a "must do" for you while in Gulf Shores, it' a kinda pricey bug well worth it. We always stop by here. Here's a few pictures from their website,
https://www.theyardmilkshakebar.com/

View attachment 308429

View attachment 308430 View attachment 308431

On a different thought, Randy. Have you had a chance to get that work truck set up to also pull your 5er ??

On a different thought, Randy. Have you had a chance to get that work truck set up to also pull your 5er ??

As a matter of fact I finished it up today, last weekend my pickup was in the shop with motor problems, (that's another story and a few sore nerves). But anyhow I hooked up the camper to my Peterbilt and had someone walk beside the rear of the tractor and watch as I turn, it looks like it won't clear, but it will with 5 inches to spare. So I ran to the local TA truckstop and AutoZone and rigged up a light harness. Semi plugs and pickups are different as into the brake lights and turn signals work different wires on a semi, so I had to "rig up" a plug to convert everything. So no brake lights but everything else works, had someone following me, so no problem. I did some research on the interwebs and couldn't fine anything as far as converter harness so after reading up I found this...
20180310_184323.jpg
At Camping world for $47. Wired it all together to get a one of a kind of harness. 1520904564483858777105.jpg

Its not pretty by no means but it works, I'm just finishing it up with some wire conduit and faithful zip ties.

15209052348251331129487.jpg
The finished product, it' not pretty but it will work for me, the biggest thing I didn't wanna do was cut or splice in to my truck harness, I didn't want anything to come back and bite me later on. If I was only towing my 5er I would have went with something easier and better looking, but I still have to pull my 53ft reefer to pay the bills.

As long as it works! Sorry to hear about your 6.4 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter