Gulf Coast Condo Rental?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed on the Gulf Coast (anywhere along the gulf in FL) and found a great condo rental? I started researching Carribean vacations and wow they are not cheap. We need 2 rooms since we have three kids. I'm wondering if staying along the gulf coast might be a good compromise ;).

I like gulf coast over the ocean side - it is generally nicer than the ocean side.

most of the popular places have timeshares (condo) - so you might find something - on www.redweek.com or www.tug2.net or www.myresortnetwork.com

Panama City Beach - panhandle area
Clearwater Beach - near Tampa
Siesta beach
Sanibel Island
Naples
Marco Island

We are staying at Tradewinds on St. Petes Beach. Renting from an owner. Depending on when u are going its hard to get in there. But PM me and I can send infor.

There are several nice beach communities just south of Clearwater, too. Probably a bit less crowded than Clearwater if that is important to you. I found many very reasonable priced beachfront condos on VRBO in Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores. Just keep in mind that many of the condo complexes in these communities are aging--but generally well maintained. I found many listings for condos that had been completely renovated.

Last edited:
I've never stayed here, but I signed up to get their newsletter because it looks SO nice! http://www.gulfsideresorts.com/

We've stayed at Crescent Arms condominiums in Siesta Key, and it's an older but well maintained complex on a gorgeous beach. Calm shallow water good for little ones. Siesta Key is a little bit more of drive than Clearwater.

Last edited:
We stayed at Anglers Cove in Redington Shores. It was gorgeous and much quieter area than St Pete, but still close to St Pete and Clearwater. It is literally right on a gorgeous beach. Going back this year bc we looooved it. We had a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo. ...Warm turquoise water and powder soft white sand....it is like the Caribbean, but easier to get to and cheaper!! We saw dolphins swimming from our balcony.

If you are interested in the panhandle, I have a friend who has a couple of houses in the Port St Joe/ Mexico Beach/Cape San Blas area. It's a gorgeous area, very quiet if you go to the Cape. We stayed at her property in Mexico Beach and it was perfect for a family with kids, very convenient to the beach (a block off the water) and shopping/dining. Feel free to pm me and I'll give you the website for the rental.

We stayed at the Sandestin Golf and Beach resort a few years ago and absolutely loved it. It's a huge gated resort with every type of accommodation you can imagine, from ocean front high rises to golf villas to condos that are walking distance to the Village of Baytown Warf. (The resort's "downtown" shopping/dining/entertainment area.) We were strongly considering going back for our 2018 vacation but ended up going with Disney instead. (Due to our kid's begging and pleading.) ;) We rented through this company and had a great experience:
http://destinmemories.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!